PDA

View Full Version : Jess Buenger

hookandladder
06-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Jess will have his chance to prove the A&M coach wrong, I was told the A&M coach told Jess he was not good enough to play in the Big 12 and at aggieland. I will be pulling for the Owls. Good Luck Jess.

zebrablue2
06-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Good luck to Jess, hope you hit the ball hard.

KL3
06-05-2007, 09:35 AM
I love what Childress has done with the A&M program in a very short time, but releasing Jess for whatever reason was a huge mistake. He was 3rd on Rice's team in HR's, 4th in avg, 4th in RBI's, and 4th in slugging %. I'm sure he'll be pumped up for this weekend.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Jess will have his chance to prove the A&M coach wrong, I was told the A&M coach told Jess he was not good enough to play in the Big 12 and at aggieland. I will be pulling for the Owls. Good Luck Jess.

You are right hook, Childress the Aggie new coach, must have not wanted any of Mark Johnsons recruits on his team. In short Childress was wrong for what he did to Jess. Yes he did tell him he was not good enough to play in the Big 12, and Aggieland, but he is with the #1 team in the nation.
Good luck Jess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Childress releasing Jess for whatever reason was a huge mistake. He was 3rd on Rice's team in HR's, 4th in avg, 4th in RBI's, and 4th in slugging %. I'm sure he'll be pumped up for this weekend.

KL3 you know the reason, and yes big mistake. Look for Jess to have another good weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

g$$
06-07-2007, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
KL3 you know the reason, and yes big mistake. Look for Jess to have another good weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fine player. What was the reason given by Childress?....

hookandladder
06-07-2007, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

Jess and Homer will be playing at the same time in different places, Good luck to Jess and the Owls and Homer on his first major league start. I talked to a major league scout last night about Homer having a good game to stay in the majors, he told me Homer is not coming down. He's ready.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Fine player. What was the reason given by Childress?....

Some of the reasons are listed above, also I understand jess was hurt and the doc told him to rest for 5 weeks and he was told buy the new coach he would only give him 2 weeks.

zebrablue2
06-08-2007, 05:44 PM
A&M and Rice on ESPN at 6. Go get em Jess....

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder

Childress said he was not good enough to play at A&M, But look who is going to the world series!!!!!!

Bull Butter
06-09-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm not trying to put down the young man. I'm happy he's found a home with such a well-respected program as Rice. But consider for a moment what he did at A&M.....

Appeared in 29 games
Started 17 games
Batted .227
1 Home run
4 RBI

If you were a college coach and had a player who put up those kind of numbers, what would YOU tell him???????

neck_06
06-10-2007, 12:03 PM
this crap again?

zebrablue2
06-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Jess appeared in 59 of 64 games, 49 starts- for the season hit .315- 7HR and 43 rbi. Hit .333-- 7-21 in the C- USA tourn. and scored 9 runs. Hit 2 HR's- scored 5 runs in the C- USA second semifinal aganist Memphis. Batted .309 in 22 games aganist Nationally ranked teams. Has driven in two or more runs in a game 11 times this season. Great season Jess. Keep it going in the world series.

KL3
06-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I'm not trying to put down the young man. I'm happy he's found a home with such a well-respected program as Rice. But consider for a moment what he did at A&M.....

Appeared in 29 games
Started 17 games
Batted .227
1 Home run
4 RBI

If you were a college coach and had a player who put up those kind of numbers, what would YOU tell him???????

Judging by what he did for Rice this year, obviously Childress told him the wrong things.

Bull's-eye
06-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter

Appeared in 29 games
Started 17 games
Batted .227
1 Home run
4 RBI

Well considering the young man's track record of excelling in high school and being named an all-star in the TCL, Coach Childress appeared to have jumped the gun. Injury had alot to do with those low numbers, earlier in the season his average was much better.

Have a great series Jess!!

Bull19
06-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Well considering the young man's track record of excelling in high school and being named an all-star in the TCL, Coach Childress appeared to have jumped the gun. Injury had alot to do with those low numbers, earlier in the season his average was much better.

Have a great series Jess!!

EXACTLY......WELL PUT