PDA

View Full Version : Padilla Poll

goldentor
06-04-2007, 06:00 PM
One of our coaches here told me that something called the Padilla Poll has Snyder #3, Andrews #15, and Greenwood #20 in it's top 25 for AAA. Wow, talk about a loaded District....3-AAA must be tough as nails.

Torb
06-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Doesn't surprise me a bit! Our District is very tough, all three playoff teams last year played 3 rounds deep (Greenwood played 4 rounds deep). I think it will be a good tough District season this year. Good luck to all!

Snydertigersrul
06-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by goldentor
One of our coaches here told me that something called the Padilla Poll has Snyder #3, Andrews #15, and Greenwood #20 in it's top 25 for AAA. Wow, talk about a loaded District....3-AAA must be tough as nails.

Snyder should be rated that high with as many starters as they have returning. Graduation depleted Greenwood, but they have a nucleus to be in contention. Andrews is way overrated, if those rankings are correct. Padilla is a good friend of a good friend of mine and he's very knowledgeable about what is going on in high school football.

dogdad
06-04-2007, 06:44 PM
when does the Padilla Poll come out?

Snydertigersrul
06-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
when does the Padilla Poll come out?

At the same time that Dave Campbell goes on the stands

Ranger Mom
06-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Snyder should be rated that high with as many starters as they have returning. Graduation depleted Greenwood, but they have a nucleus to be in contention. Andrews is way overrated, if those rankings are correct. Padilla is a good friend of a good friend of mine and he's very knowledgeable about what is going on in high school football.

We lost a few but I don't think we were exactly "depleted!"

ASUFrisbeeStud
06-04-2007, 11:48 PM
All three teams really won't be that good. Just alot of talk, we'll see what happens when they take the field.

wildstangs
06-05-2007, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
All three teams really won't be that good. Just alot of talk, we'll see what happens when they take the field.

Trying to stir the pot? :) I think Snyder will be pretty good, but Andrews and Greenwood are suspect.

Snydertigersrul
06-05-2007, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud

Greenwood and Andrews still will win more games than Sweetwater this year.

:clap:

GWOOD
06-05-2007, 07:12 AM

We have 4 offensive starters returning and 5 defensive starters returning. And don't forget that we have Wilber back after missing all of last year with an injury. He was the District Offensive Player of the Year two years ago as a soph.

wildstangs
06-05-2007, 07:16 AM
Greenwood and Andrews still will win more games than Sweetwater this year.

:clap:

When you have Pecos, Ft. Stockton, Lamesa, Estacado, and Brownfield on the schedule that is a good possibility. Sweetwater plays a VERY tough schedule this year with Brownwood, Wichita Falls, Decatur, and Canyon on the schedule.

charlesrixey
06-05-2007, 12:45 PM
I wonder where Graham will end up?

Or all the teams for that matter

if they have snyder in the top 3, i wonder who isn't there?

Snydertigersrul
06-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
When you have Pecos, Ft. Stockton, Lamesa, Estacado, and Brownfield on the schedule that is a good possibility. Sweetwater plays a VERY tough schedule this year with Brownwood, Wichita Falls, Decatur, and Canyon on the schedule.

You make a very good point. I know Sweetwater has a lot of skill players to replace. The Mustangs also play a very tough schedule, especially against Decatur and Canyon for starters, plus Wylie in district play. I agree that Snyder will be good and the book is still out on Greenwood and Andrews. Wilbur will be back but how he responds from knee surgery will be a big key for the Ranger offense. Most players are never the same after ACL surgery.

GWOOD
06-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Wilbur will be back but how he responds from knee surgery will be a big key for the Ranger offense. Most players are never the same after ACL surgery.

You didn't see a Greenwood/Snyder baseball game???? No one would know the kid had knee surgery if you watched him track down a fly ball in left field or leg out one of his six triples this year.

ASUFrisbeeStud
06-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Trying to stir the pot? :) I think Snyder will be pretty good, but Andrews and Greenwood are suspect.

Always.

Sweetwater will have a tough run early in the season, Snyder is pretty stacked and I agree that we'll have to see about Andrews and Greenwood.

Snydertigersrul
06-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
You didn't see a Greenwood/Snyder baseball game???? No one would know the kid had knee surgery if you watched him track down a fly ball in left field or leg out one of his six triples this year.

Let's see what happens when he has his first contact on the knee by a tackler.

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Heck, it's not where you start in the polls, it's where you finish. :devil: Somebody want to check last year's preseason rankings?

Snydertigersrul
06-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Heck, it's not where you start in the polls, it's where you finish. :devil: Somebody want to check last year's preseason rankings?

Hey Mom, you hit the nail right on the head

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Hey Mom, you hit the nail right on the head
LOL! I just finished rereading Matthew's 12 page preseason rankings thread from last season. I must say it was quite entertaining. :D

Snydertigersrul
06-05-2007, 06:48 PM
LOL! I just finished rereading Matthew's 12 page preseason rankings thread from last season. I must say it was quite entertaining. :D

A good example is GILMER

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2007, 06:49 PM
A good example is GILMER
True......(my entertainment came from the Snyder/Sweetwater "love" :D ;) )

Snydertigersrul
06-05-2007, 06:50 PM
True......(my entertainment came from the Snyder/Sweetwater "love" :D ;) )

There is no better game anywhere