PDA

View Full Version : oklahoma to become largest county in TEXAS???

Jimbotex40
10-10-2003, 05:37 PM
i dont know if any of you DFW folks are watching the 5 oclock news, but oklahoma is making a move to become a part of Texas.

they feel bad about taking our athletes and beating us, so the figure that they better represent the state of Texas than the Texas univerisities.

slpybear the bullfan
10-10-2003, 06:01 PM
Not, funny...

How 'bout that TTech Offense? wink

Jimbotex40
10-10-2003, 06:10 PM
i see youre a sooner. well, how did it feel to lose your national championship chance to an unranked team?

Kyle Field
come in ranked, go home spanked

3afan2K3
10-10-2003, 06:17 PM
Whos number one in the nation?????OU SOONERS!!!!!

Jimbotex40
10-10-2003, 06:27 PM
wagoner of the band

3afan2K3
10-10-2003, 06:32 PM
jimbo are you going to watch Texas M&A lose to Baylor tommorow?

Jimbotex40
10-10-2003, 06:34 PM
yeah ill be there section 138 row 8 seat 12.

but instead of losing, where gonna "BEAT THE HELL OUTTA BAYLOR"

3afan2K3
10-10-2003, 06:37 PM
Not likely

openfacedroastbeefsanwich
10-10-2003, 06:39 PM
Until coach Fran actually settles in, aggie fan has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to say in terms of trash talk....please take your thumb out of the dog!

Jimbotex40
10-10-2003, 06:43 PM
thanks, for scoping out my conversation, scrub.

i was talking about last year, when we beat OU and tomorrow when we beat baylor.

openfacedroastbeefsanwich
10-10-2003, 06:45 PM
The fact that you actually brag about beating Baylor is freaking hilarious to this scub, BoJim

Rabbit'93
10-10-2003, 06:58 PM
Jimbo after the beating aTm took last week I wouldn't look too far past Baylor my friend.

slpybear the bullfan
10-10-2003, 11:39 PM
Sorry Jimbo... I am a Tech Fan, but like to see aTm and TU do well... No BOOMER SOONER HERE.

(yeah, I kinda enjoyed the talking up about Baylor too...)

Mandy
10-10-2003, 11:49 PM
OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray_BearKat
10-10-2003, 11:53 PM
TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lepfan
10-11-2003, 12:00 AM
OKLAHOMA owns texas!!!!!!!!!!! :D :p

SintonFan
10-11-2003, 12:05 AM
Anyone who roots for OhhKay should be hung from from a rope. This is Texas, ya know?
Did ya here me 2k3? wink

3afan2K3
10-11-2003, 12:05 AM
OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan
10-11-2003, 12:06 AM
SintonFan:
Anyone who roots for OhhKay should be hung from from a rope. This is Texas, ya know?
Did ya here me 2k3? wink How bout you, lepfan?

lepfan
10-11-2003, 12:10 AM
SintonFan:

SintonFan:
Did ya here me 2k3? wink How bout you, lepfan?Sooner born, Sooner bred, when I die I'll be Sooner dead!!!! (a transplant)

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

SintonFan
10-11-2003, 12:11 AM
lepfan:

SintonFan:

SintonFan:
Did ya here me 2k3? wink How bout you, lepfan?Sooner born, Sooner bred, when I die I'll be Sooner dead!!!! (a transplant)

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Well pardna, your gonna need a head transplant. :p

lepfan
10-11-2003, 12:13 AM
I saw a couple of Manor fans all decked out in their Sooner Shirts and OU caps!!!! There are more of here than you could ever imagine. One of the kids on the LG varsity team has a cousin on the OU team this year!!!! They are both great athletes!!!

lepfan
10-11-2003, 12:14 AM
no head transplant needed here....maybe you could use one :p

3afan2K3
10-11-2003, 12:14 AM
SintonFan:
Did ya here me 2k3? wink GGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

footballgal
10-11-2003, 12:18 AM
I loved the title of this topic! Funny! :)

lepfan
10-11-2003, 12:21 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOMER

3afan2K3
10-11-2003, 12:21 AM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

footballgal
10-11-2003, 12:39 AM
Hook'em 'Horns! Beat those Sooners!

SintonFan
10-11-2003, 12:51 AM
lepfan:
BOOOOOOOOOOOMER
3afan2K3:
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOSER
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONER
the better...
LOL :p

<small>[ October 11, 2003, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

lepfan
10-11-2003, 12:54 AM
LOL--Looks like there is a funnny clown on tonight

SintonFan
10-11-2003, 12:55 AM
Hey, at least I didn't conspire with anyone... wink

lepfan
10-11-2003, 12:58 AM
SintonFan:
Hey, at least I didn't conspire with anyone... wink Just had to give the go ahead...TEAMWORK!!!!

lepfan
10-11-2003, 01:00 AM
By the way, I like your signature...good one!

SintonFan
10-11-2003, 01:04 AM
Ya, and I still think OhhKay is un-Texan. I know you were born there, but jeez...

Thanks for the compliment.
Gonna try flattery? :p

lepfan
10-11-2003, 01:13 AM
SintonFan:
Ya, and I still think OhhKay is un-Texan. I know you were born there, but jeez...

Gonna try flattery? :p nahhh, no flattery here, not the type to do that(never claimed to be texan)...just have meant to tell you that, oh and by the way OKLAHOMA still owns Texas :p

SintonFan
10-11-2003, 01:44 AM
Hehe, you know it is OK to admit your a Texan now.

jason
10-11-2003, 01:47 AM
Jimbotex40:
yeah ill be there section 138 row 8 seat 12.

but instead of losing, where gonna "BEAT THE HELL OUTTA BAYLOR"Jimmy A&M is bad this year....they might not win another game....

SintonFan
10-11-2003, 02:13 AM
lepfan:

SintonFan:

Gonna try flattery? :p nahhh, no flattery here, not the type to do that(never claimed to be texan)...just have meant to tell you that, oh and by the way OKLAHOMA still owns Texas :p Well, Texas owns a 55-37-5(I think) record against nOKay.
It'll take nOKay a long time to own Texas.
BTW, I'm not the biggest Longhorn fan but I will support any and all Texas teams against foreigners.
lepfan, your still OK with me... :D

<small>[ October 11, 2003, 02:14 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

xlr8tor
10-11-2003, 02:35 AM
The only way I root for OU is if and/or when they ever play Notre Dame or Tennessee. Just my take.

St. Ivender
10-11-2003, 09:27 AM
Oklahoma fans are everywhere when they're winning. When they are losing you can't find them anywhere . The most fair -weather fans on the earth.

GO TEXAS!!!!!!!!

pgamgt1982
10-11-2003, 10:12 AM
TEXAS BIG TODAY BABY !!!!!

GO HORNS 2003

Knightmoon
10-11-2003, 10:21 AM
I thought the title meant that Texas would own Oklahoma after todays game.

pn_pimp03
10-11-2003, 10:37 AM
LETS GO HORNS...BEAT THE BOOOOMER SOONERS...
MAKE ME AND BEVO HAPPY

lepfan
10-11-2003, 11:08 AM
St. Ivender:
Oklahoma fans are everywhere when they're winning. When they are losing you can't find them anywhere . The most fair -weather fans on the earth.

GO TEXAS!!!!!!!!you are wrong AS USUAL St. Ivender....clueless aren't you, oh well some day you will put your glasses on :D

sinfan75
10-11-2003, 11:19 AM
The beers on ice and nachos will soon be ordered.HOOK EM HORNS!!

lepfan
10-11-2003, 11:34 AM
I found this on another message board...it is written by a Texas fan, no more whining...Good luck today.

"This is a post from a Whorn on the Whorn message board after we won OUr NC. So next time one of these Whorns tries to use that argument...show him the facts:

Is Texas talent overrated? This year's Sooners....
1/16/01 04:49 PM

I decided to look at something. I have heard a lot of comments about how Oklahoma won with Texas talent, so I researched their depth chart for starters and other key players from the Orange Bowl...

Offense:

QB- Josh Heupel (Aberdeen, South Dakota)
"F" back- Quenton Griffin (Humble, Texas)
"H" back- Seth Littrel (Muskogee, Oklahoma)
Slot- Josh Norman (Midland, Texas)
Receivers- Antwone Savage (Albany, Georgia)
Andre Woolfolk (Denver, Colorado)
Curtis Fagan (Houston, Texas)
Damien Mackey (Union City, California)
Tight End- Trent Smith (Clinton, Oklahoma)
Left Tackle- Frank Romero (Moore, Oklahoma)
Left Guard- Scott Kempenich (Wagoner, Oklahoma)
Center - Bubba Burcham (Mustang, Oklahoma)
Right Guard- Mike Skinner (Tahlequah, Oklahoma)
Right Tackle- Al Baysinger (Dallas, Texas)

Total Offensive "key" performers from Texas : 4
Total Offensive "key" performers from Oklahoma : 6
Notable is that their entire offensive line, minus one player, is from Oklahoma. Maybe we should be recruiting Oklahoma for offensive linemen since they shut down a defensive line that had recorded 40 of FSUs 45 sacks.
It also appears that they won this year on offense with a majority of players from Oklahoma and a smattering of others from places like Texas, California, Colorado and Georgia. Hardly an endorsement for the "they won with Texas players argument" IMHO.

Defense:

Right Defensive End- Corey Callens (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
Right Defensive Tackle- Bary Holleman (OKC, OK)
Left Defensive Tackle- Ramon Richardson (Broken Arrow, OK)
Left Defensive End- Cory Heineke (Edmond, Oklahoma)
SS Linebacker- Roger Steffen (El Reno, Oklahoma)
MLB - Torrance Marshall (Miami, Florida)
WLB - Rocky Calmus (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
Right Cornerback - Derrick Straight (Austin, Texas--***?)
Left Cornerback - Michael Thompson (Bristow, Oklahoma)
Safety- Roy Williams (Union City, California)
JT Thatcher (Norman, Oklahoma)
Ontei Jones (Miami, Florida)

Total Defensive players from Texas: 1, repeat 1
Total Defensive players from Oklahoma: 8
Interestingly, six of their front seven are from Oklahoma, the lone non-okie being Marshall. Their one Texas player is from Austin, which is truly surreal.
There is no argument to this, Oklahoma won with Oklahoma kids augmented with a smattering of Texans, Californians, Floridians and others. We haven't won in thirty years, recruiting almost entirely Texas kids. Should we change and do what Oklahoma has done and augment our talent with selections from other states as well? Also, the lineman thing really bothered me. We hear all the time about Texas O and D linemen. Granted Oklahoma's D-line was average, their O-line was excellent. Part of that is Coach Fatty, but part of that is talent. Maybe Garvin et al just don't know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to linement. Either way, there are not a lot of Texans on this lineup like I previously thought....
thoughts?
Hook em forever"

lepfan
10-11-2003, 04:11 PM
tt

Jimbotex40
10-12-2003, 12:33 PM
im not a tea sip, im a Fightin' Texas Aggie, i just hate ou stealing our athletes.

what i meant to say (the less wise might not have caught it) is that ou cant say beat texas cuz theyd be beating themselves because most of their athletes are texans.

lepfan
10-12-2003, 02:15 PM
-Jimbo..this is a post I had in the HOOK 'EM horns thread...-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quality programs get quality players! This is college football, as with any HS graduate they get to choose where they want to go to college. Not all Texas high school graduates go to Texas colleges so why should Texas athletes feel obligated to stay in Texas for their college years. They are going to go to the program that will get them the most play time and get them the most attention. Right now that seems to be north of the Red River. Stop whining about how OKLAHOMA is TAKING all the Texas athletes...I don't think anyone is twisting their arms, they are choosing what is best for them....they are going because they know what these programs have to offer.

If you feel that Texas kids should stay in texas then what about PRO players...shouldn't only Texas kids be drafted and play for the texas pro teams...

NO MORE WHINING!!!!!

Just my opinion, I am sure some will not share, but oh well...GET OVER IT.---------------------

nobody is stealing anything...

<small>[ October 12, 2003, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

lepfan
10-12-2003, 05:07 PM
the truth hurts, huh.... :)

PhiI C
10-12-2003, 05:23 PM
Hey what's all this talk about a college game! Come on people! You need to remember this is a 3A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FORUM! Shame! Shame!

mustang04
10-12-2003, 05:54 PM
ive been reading this post...and i just gotta say...TEXAS IS THE BEST STATE BY FAR!!! OK does not have the Tradition that any of our universities have ....sorry guys, but its like that one song by Metallica that i listen to before games....."Sad but TRUE"

lepfan
10-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Traditions do not win National Championships!!!
My last post for this thread...I am sure some will be happy.

tomthall
10-12-2003, 09:32 PM
metallica rules

Jimbotex40
10-13-2003, 08:18 AM
lepfan, have some Texas pride, not necesarily longhorn, Aggie, raider, or bear pride, but some sort of pride you hold close to you about the best damn state in the best damn nation.

oldlep27
10-14-2003, 12:25 PM
IM curious who lepfan is....
I thought i knew but i dont ....Everyone knows who i am!!!!!
Let me know
jt

oldlep27
10-14-2003, 12:28 PM
Also, whoever talked mess about A&M losing every game for now on...uh 73-10 against baylor. Wheater its baylor or not, they had won some good games and they had momentum. Dont count A&M out just yet, these boys are set to win for now on...trust me, i work out with all of them everyday!!!
jt

Ps. Look at A&M's schedule...We are playing some of the best teams in the nation while under new coaches and with a rebuilding year!!!

crzyjournalist03
10-14-2003, 06:48 PM
Once upon a time there was a little boy in a public school in Oklahoma. Everybody in his class was an OU fan except him. He was a Longhorn fan. One day, his teacher asked the class to talk about their favorite team, and everybody talked about OU. Then it came time for the little boy to talk about his favorite team. His teacher was dismayed by the fact that he was a Longhorn and asked him why he was. He responded by saying, "My mom and dad were Longhorns, and their parents were Longhorns, and all of our friends are Longhorns too." The teacher then asked the boy, "What if your parents and their parents and all your friends were stupid?" The little boy simply smiled and said, "Then I'd be a Sooner."

oldlep27
10-14-2003, 09:27 PM
I like that joke,
But its been modified towards longhorns by aggies....Funny how we do things like that.haha
jt

mustang04
10-14-2003, 10:50 PM
I like A&M the best, but im prolly going to school at tech, i dont care much for the longhorns but i still respect hem as a Texas team....but when any of these play an outta state team, i go for Texas, and Tech is going to show OU what its all about when they send their Air Raid....GO TEXAS!!!!!!

Jimbotex40
10-15-2003, 06:25 AM
id like to say A&M will show Ou our best game, but im afraid that Ou saw just that last year when we kept them from winning a national championship. theyre gonna be plenty mad about that still and want some vengeance.