PDA

View Full Version : More Raelene drama..........

luvhoops34
06-04-2007, 10:45 AM
I am sleeping so good this morning and at 6:30 my cell phone rings. It is Raelene's ring tone and I know if it's this early it can't be good. Bill and I had stayed up really late watching some movie on TV.

She tells me she has a bad migraine headache and that her English Bulldog has to go to the vet for an emergency c-section and that I have to take her. :doh:

I wake Bill up and tell him what's going on and ask(beg)him to come with he. He agrees but is not a happy camper and lets me know all about how he feels.

The dog had seven puppies yesterday and Raelene is convinced she still has one or two puppies left inside. Or that's what she tells me. Of course with Raelene, you never get the full story.

She tells me she will call ahead to the vet, no problem.

I don't want to take her truck bc it is a POS.

So we get a towel and put it in the back of my SUV. We go up there to get the dog and she won't get up. We have to carry her to the car and lay her in the back. She won't lay down, so I have to ride back there with her. :doh:

Bill doesn't drive too well and he can't remember how to get to the vet clinic. I'm sitting in the back trying to give him directions and I'm getting thrown around all over the place. On top of all of this, he can't hear me too well. :doh: He gets pissed bc I'm yelling. We finally make it to the vet and he can't figure out how to get me out of the back of the suv......:confused:

Even as early as it is, everybody and their brother has a dog in the waiting room. Raelene has failed to call them, so they look at me like I'm completely crazy when I tell them that the dog has to have an emergency c-section.

I finally get across to the receptionist whose dog I have and why I'm there to see the vet. They get us in an exam room, the vet that Raelene doesn't like(and he knows she doesn't like him) comes in to exam the dog. We let him know right off that it's not our dog and who she does belong to. He rolls his eyes and makes several comments about Raelene. At this point, both Bill and I are thinking maybe we're in somebody's bad dream. Unfortunately, it's real.

The vet informs us that there are no puppies left inside, takes her temp, looks at her gums and pronounces her healthy. I tell him I'm calling Raelene. He looks panicky for a moment. He tells me to wait. :doh: I know Raelene is going to be pissed. ugh. I finally call her and give the phone to the vet, because I don't want to be in the middle! He talks to her for a few minutes and then hangs up. We thank him and tell him that we're sorry for being such a pain in the ass. He tell us no problem that he completely understands our circumstances! LOL

We take the dog, put her in the suv and take off. My phone rings. It's Raelene. I almost don't answer. But I figure I better. She then starts a tirade about why she hates that particular vet, wants to know if we have left already and I tell her yes because noway am I going back in that clinc. She tells me the female didn't pass her last afterbirth and all about the last pregnancy she had and how this particular vet screwed it all up.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking in the back of mind that Raelene is probably going to go in and check on the puppies while we are on our way back. This is not good because the female layed on one of the best puppies and smothered it last night. I didn't tell her about it when we picked the female up because I knew what would occur.

Well sure enough, when we got back, she met us on the porch cussing a blue streak about the female and how sorry she was for laying on her puppy. :eek: Bill wants to get the hell outta dodge and as far away from Raelene as possible. I'm trying to placate her and calm her down. So much for her meds working at this point. We go in and stay just long enough to be polite and then I tell her we are going back home to get some much needed sleep.

We left and went to go eat a taco and drink some tea and get our wits together. Bill makes me promise not to answer the phone if Raelene calls again today. Or if she does and wants us to do something to tell her that we can't bc we have to leave and go to Corpus or the house or ANYTHING!

Thanks for letting me vent!:)

pirate4state
06-04-2007, 10:49 AM
wow poor dog :(

Ranger Mom
06-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Two things:

1. Pregnant English Bulldogs are more problems than they are worth.

2. Why are you friends with Raelene?? She sounds certifiable!!

District303aPastPlayer
06-04-2007, 10:57 AM
i'm still lost as to who this Raelene character is... but okay :D

luvhoops34
06-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Two things:

1. Pregnant English Bulldogs are more problems than they are worth.

2. Why are you friends with Raelene?? She sounds certifiable!!

1. No kidding! I'm just realizing that fact.

2. Been friends for a long, long, time. Just haven't ever lived this close to her!

Ranger Mom
06-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
1. No kidding! I'm just realizing that fact.

2. Been friends for a long, long, time. Just haven't ever lived this close to her!

I have a friend who tried raising English bulldogs....she bought a male and female for $1200 and $1500 each.

They couldn't breed (in the normal way) so she had the female artificially inseminated, then she had to have an emergency C-section. Out of the 5 babies she delivered, only one was alive.

The females uterus busted (or something disgusting like that) and she had to have a hysterectomy. The puppy was sold for $900.

I think that $900 almost covered the vet bill!!

44INAROW
06-04-2007, 11:52 AM

The females uterus busted (or something disgusting like that) and she had to have a hysterectomy.

wow - and I thought I was having a bad day........ :eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
06-04-2007, 11:55 AM
I have a friend who tried raising English bulldogs....she bought a male and female for $1200 and $1500 each.

. The puppy was sold for $900.

I think that $900 almost covered the vet bill!! for that much i would double check also to make sure there isnt more inside :D

luvhoops34

They couldn't breed (in the normal way) so she had the female artificially inseminated, then she had to have an emergency C-section. Out of the 5 babies she delivered, only one was alive.

The females uterus busted (or something disgusting like that) and she had to have a hysterectomy. The puppy was sold for $900.

I think that $900 almost covered the vet bill!!

Yes, I was informed by Raelene, that they usually have to have a c-section with each birth and that they have to be artificially inseminated....way too much trouble and expense for only averaging 3 to 5 puppies with each litter.:(

It's not my thing, it's hers.:p

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by 44INAROW
wow - and I thought I was having a bad day........ :eek:

Well...her day got worse. Shortly after that, she fell in the family pool and drowned!:(

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-04-2007, 11:56 AM
You're a good story-teller. Seriously.

Sucks to be you though. And who is Raelene?

luvhoops34
06-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Well...her day got worse. Shortly after that, she fell in the family pool and drowned!:(

Damm, the dog or the lady?

luvhoops34
06-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You're a good story-teller. Seriously.

Sucks to be you though. And who is Raelene?

Thanks Gary:( Sucked to be me earlier, but I'm in good shape now!:cool:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks Gary:( Sucked to be me earlier, but I'm in good shape now!:cool:

Don't your fingers hurt from typing all of that?

carter08
06-04-2007, 12:04 PM
So you had to go to the vet because her migrane was more important than the health of her dog.

That's just sad. Just say no.

luvhoops34
06-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by carter08
So you had to go to the vet because her migrane was more important than the health of her dog.

That's just sad. Just say no.

Carter JMO, but come back in about 20 years when just maybe you've grown up some. :mad:

If you've never had a migrane headache, you don't know what you're talking about. And they affect everybody differently.

luvhoops34
06-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

Uh, no???:confused:

Ranger Mom
06-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Damm, the dog or the lady?

ROFL!! The dog!!:D

KTA
06-04-2007, 05:57 PM

Do you NOT know who you are talking about?....lol just playin hoops

piratebg
06-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i'm still lost as to who this Raelene character is... but okay :D

Who the heck is Raelene? :confused:

KTA
06-04-2007, 10:47 PM
her crazy ass friend who makes cici's pizza employees feel bad because she stole from them....yeah shes that bad

luvhoops34
06-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by KTA
her crazy ass friend who makes cici's pizza employees feel bad because she stole from them....yeah shes that bad

Thanks for helping me out. :D

Fal44
06-05-2007, 03:27 AM
I actually read all of that... Umm yeah shes crazy!

CalallenWildcat
06-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Carter JMO, but come back in about 20 years when just maybe you've grown up some. :mad:

If you've never had a migrane headache, you don't know what you're talking about. And they affect everybody differently.

Exactly...I know that when I have a migraine, I can't drive. I get terribly dizzy, any sort of light hurts my eyes, and in some cases I lose vision.