PDA

View Full Version : A One Man team is going to the Finals

JR2004
06-02-2007, 10:27 PM
If the Spurs don't sweep I'll be completely shocked. My gosh the JV circuit has just hit a new all-time low.

kepdawg
06-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Nobody would have guessed Daniel Gibson could do it!

piratebg
06-02-2007, 10:32 PM
I really didn't expect it to be Cleveland in the Finals but oh well. Let them have their fun tonight because things are about to get a lot harder for them in SA.

JR2004
06-02-2007, 10:32 PM
I liked Gibson at UT, but I look at his outburst more as a result of some extremely inept coaching from Saunders. He'll be a good player in this league, but for goodness sakes Saunders is as bad, no he's worse, at making adjustments than Gibson's college coach. I think this game tonight will be his last with Detroit.

DU_stud04
06-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
If the Spurs don't sweep I'll be completely shocked. My gosh the JV circuit has just hit a new all-time low. i wouldnt..... let them win it in 5, who wants to win it away?

BIG_STICK
06-02-2007, 10:39 PM
well i am going to say it iwll be a series with it going six or seven and CAVS winning. They have beat SA twice and gaining confidence they have no fear. Main thing is who will stop the KING bowen hahahahhhaa

JR2004
06-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by BIG_STICK
well i am going to say it iwll be a series with it going six or seven and CAVS winning. They have beat SA twice and gaining confidence they have no fear. Main thing is who will stop the KING bowen hahahahhhaa

Like to make a bet on that? :)

piratebg
06-02-2007, 10:43 PM
SA plays on a different level when they are in the playoffs. I say Spurs in 5 or possibly 6.

DU_stud04
06-02-2007, 10:45 PM
spurs in 5 or 7. if they win it they'll win it at home.

wildstangs
06-02-2007, 10:49 PM
I am really glad the Cavs won...I am going to Game 2, my first NBA game ever, and now I get to see James play.

JR2004
06-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
spurs in 5 or 7. if they win it they'll win it at home.

Game Five will be in Cleveland. They get the middle three games. The only thing returning from Cleveland will be the Spurs and the championship trophy.

DDBooger
06-02-2007, 11:07 PM
fitting ending for the pistons, anyone see how 'Sheed left the game? I don't know that I could dislike a player more!

DU_stud04
06-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Game Five will be in Cleveland. They get the middle three games. The only thing returning from Cleveland will be the Spurs and the championship trophy. hmmm, my bad, i thought the game system was going to be the same....meh, ohwell, go spurs!

eagles_victory
06-03-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
hmmm, my bad, i thought the game system was going to be the same....meh, ohwell, go spurs! its pretty stupid imo

Bull Butter
06-03-2007, 01:49 AM
Anderson Vurejao(sp?) and those other 4 guys

Gobbla2001
06-03-2007, 09:04 AM
I hope the Cavs push it to 6...

Cavs aren't gunna be slouches... they're gunna get their shots at times... Lebron's gunna have good numbers... their defense is gunna confuse SA at times, but the Spurs are peeking... when the Cavs beat 'em in the regular season, they weren't in any way near the team they are now...

but just look at how well this San Antonio system works... Danny Ferry goes into the Cleveland front office after learning the system while winning a championship at SA... Mike Brown becomes the head coach after winning a championship at SA in that system and in that short period of time look where they've come... Dallas was gearing up to be good, but look what got them over the hump: a Coach who won a championship in the SA system...

I know James is good, but without that leadership they're not here...

Hopefully Steve Kerr doesn't spread that system in Phoenix... we don't want no stinkin' parity...

eagles_victory
06-03-2007, 11:36 AM
gobbla you make some good points but imo their almost hear as much despite Mike Brown as they are because of him I still think hes one of the worst coaches in the league.

You probably wont find a bigger Cavs fan in Texas then me no i didnt jump on the banwagon ive been a huge fan for years liek JR with the Lakers. But like ive said before im a bigger sports fan then i am a fan of any team so that being said i wont allow myself to be a homer.

It wont be easy for SA Cleveland is playing the best basketball they have played in Lebrons tenure there. When guys are hitting shots around Lebron like Damon Jones Daniel Boobie Gibson and Donelle Marshall it opens up the floor and Lebron can pretty much have his way. However those guys arent the most consistent players ive ever seen.

I think San Antonio may be too much too soon for the young Cavs. While the Pistons were a great team I really dont think they played close to their best in any of the 6 games in that serious Cleveland outplayed them in all 6 games. I dont think Sa can match up well with Lebron but neither can anyone else really. Lebron is going to have to play like he did in game 5 pretty much every game and i think thats too much to ask but i hope im wrong.

Ill say San Antonio in 6 the Spurs taken games 1 and 2 with Cleveland taking 3 while the Spurs when 4 the Cavs take 5 and the Spurs take 6.

I think this playoff run puts Lebron at the top of the class of the class of 03. Even though D-Wade won the title last year. He had Shaq with him. He dominated the Dallas Mavs defense in the finals theres no way he goes that nuts in the finals id he had to face the Spurs plus Lebron wont get that many calls this year because everyone is still thinking about what D-Wade recieved last year

Leopards,class of 75
06-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I am really glad the Cavs won...I am going to Game 2, my first NBA game ever, and now I get to see James play. You will be in for a good treat to see your first N.B.A. game, which just happens to be the Finals!!! (LUCKY)

Gobbla2001
06-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I've only been to two NBA games myself... Both Dallas vs. SA, both in the playoffs, one in the dome and one at ATT... the one at ATT was game 7 last year... that was a freakin' blast...

enjoy