PDA

View Full Version : Arena Football

piratebg
06-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Do any of you guys enjoy watching AFL games? I've finally started watching a couple of Wranglers and Desperados games on FSN and it really isn't that bad at all. It doesn't provide the same amount of excitement as the NFL, but it is a pretty good way to kill the time.

kepdawg
06-02-2007, 09:43 PM
cannot stand arena ball!

Emerson1
06-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Did you see that team that scored to pull the score to 6, then recovered an onside kick at the other teams 15. First play got down to the 1 with enough time for 4 plays. Chose to fall down on the first 3 plays to run out of time when they could of clearly scored, then on 4th down tried to score and the QB ran the wrong way.

KTA
06-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Its almost like basketball to me with all the scoring back and forth....nothing wrong with that, just kinda reminds me of street football when we were kids.

carter08
06-03-2007, 08:47 PM
I went to a Wrangler's game once. It was fun.

piratebg
06-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Its almost like basketball to me with all the scoring back and forth....nothing wrong with that, just kinda reminds me of street football when we were kids.

This is probably the best comparison I've heard. It's still a fun game. :)

Emerson1
06-03-2007, 08:51 PM
I think it would be better if they made it 7 on 7. It just seems way to cluttered with 16 people in the field at once.

How does out of bounds work? In the Dallas game friday a guy took a pitch in his endzone and scrapped the wall running by everyone, took it 49 yards and score but was riding the wall.

KTA
06-03-2007, 08:58 PM
I like watching it, mostly Dallas games though I could care less about Vegas vs Chicago

piratebg
06-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by KTA
I like watching it, mostly Dallas games though I could care less about Vegas vs Chicago

I've been watching Dallas and Austin games. I knew Dallas had the Desperados but I had no idea that Austin had a team as well.

crzyjournalist03
06-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think it would be better if they made it 7 on 7. It just seems way to cluttered with 16 people in the field at once.

How does out of bounds work? In the Dallas game friday a guy took a pitch in his endzone and scrapped the wall running by everyone, took it 49 yards and score but was riding the wall.

I believe that there is no out-of-bounds unless part of the players body goes over the padding. I've seen plays end when a guy was checked into the boards, but I've also heard announcers say "there is no out of bounds"

piratebg
06-03-2007, 09:47 PM
I had always wondered about that. I never really got a clear explanation of how their "out of bounds" system worked.

crzyjournalist03
06-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Just checked it out on the Arena league website...apparently they play by college rules, so that means as long as 1 foot is in bounds, its all good.

Who-dun-it!!?
06-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I believe that there is no out-of-bounds unless part of the players body goes over the padding. I've seen plays end when a guy was checked into the boards, but I've also heard announcers say "there is no out of bounds"

True ther is no out of bounds. But if a player is forced into the wall by a defender, he is considered out of bounds.