PDA

View Full Version : State Baseball Tourney Meet and Greet set

sinton66
06-02-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm definitely going to the tourney, anybody up for a meet and greet? Suggesting we meet for lunch at Rudy's Country Store in Round Rock. Good BBQ, and not too far from the field.

directions to Dell Diamond (http://www.roundrockexpress.com/default.asp?pageId=50)

directions to Rudy's (http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&gid1=19387492&q1=2400+N+I+H+35+78681&trf=0&lon=-97.693455&lat=30.535947&mag=3)

SintonFan_inAustin
06-02-2007, 09:18 PM
i have to work to around noon time on Wed., if Pirates play at 4 pm i wont get there to around 3-3:30, I have Thurs. off if the Pirates win on Wed. :)

piratebg
06-02-2007, 09:25 PM
What is the schedule for the state tournament?

sinton66
06-02-2007, 09:26 PM
The games Wednesday will be daytime. I was thinking of a get together afterwards for supper maybe? There is a very good BBQ place right on the freeway just south of Roundrock at Pflugerville.

setxsports
06-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Jasper vs. Abliene Wylie Wed. 7PM

sinton66
06-02-2007, 09:33 PM
oops! maybe lunch, then????:D

kepdawg
06-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Since the UIL is stupid and has the games on Wednesday and Thursday, I won't be there! :mad:

SintonFan_inAustin
06-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by **********
Jasper vs. Abliene Wylie Wed. 7PM has the matchups been released arleady?

pirate4state
06-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
has the matchups been released arleady? that's what i wanna know...uil web site states sunday morning

setxsports
06-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Jasper coach called and told me. I guess he spoke with the UIL.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-02-2007, 10:27 PM
it does states the UIL would call the Coaches on Sunday morning with tournament pairings. Was hoping for the 7 pm game. Good luck to all the teams and a little more towards the Pirates.

j_dog
06-02-2007, 11:06 PM
has the matchups been released arleady?
either the matchups have been released, or they have been "calculated" based on best and worst records. That is why Jasper (worst) is slated to play Wylie (best). :)

Seems to make sense if that is truly the way they do the assignments. Seems like I remember their doing that in basketball this time around.

pirate4state
06-02-2007, 11:25 PM
I'll be there Wednesday. :thumbsup:

GWOOD
06-02-2007, 11:30 PM
I'll be there and would love to get together for lunch Wednesday.

sinton66
06-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
either the matchups have been released, or they have been "calculated" based on best and worst records. That is why Jasper (worst) is slated to play Wylie (best). :)

Seems to make sense if that is truly the way they do the assignments. Seems like I remember their doing that in basketball this time around.

Is it possible the Jasper coach didn't know there would be a coin toss to determine 3/4 seeding? Maybe he just assumed this based on the past tourney seeding? This is the first time I've heard they were tossing a coin.

kepdawg
06-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Is it possible the Jasper coach didn't know there would be a coin toss to determine 3/4 seeding? Maybe he just assumed this based on the past tourney seeding? This is the first time I've heard they were tossing a coin.

Did he pick what time he wanted to play as well? ;)

sinton66
06-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Did he pick what time he wanted to play as well? ;)

Season records were the basis for seeding all four teams in years past. Seems like the top seed got the late game, but not sure about that. 1 played 4, and 2 played 3.

kepdawg
06-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Season records were the basis for seeding all four teams in years past. Seems like the top seed got the late game, but not sure about that. 1 played 4, and 2 played 3.

Why would they give the top seed the late game? The UIL never makes sense!

sinton66
06-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Dunno, but in 2003 trip, Sinton played Canyon in the early game and #1 Lorena played the late game. Seems like that's just how they did it.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-03-2007, 01:00 AM
The 3rd and 4th seeds were suppose to flip on who would play the #1 seed and that would be the 7 pm game. But i guess the flip has been done. This rule is in the UIL website and first time i have noticed it after P4S mention it.

pirate4state
06-03-2007, 01:09 AM
The 3rd and 4th seeds were suppose to flip on who would play the #1 seed and that would be the 7 pm game. But i guess the flip has been done. This rule is in the UIL website and first time i have noticed it after P4S mention it. No one ever listens to me :(

GreenMonster
06-03-2007, 01:38 AM
I just want to know when the UIL will start to follow it's own decision that a 3 game series is the best way to determine the better team. UIL rules state that if the 2 coaches cannot agree then there will be a best of 3 game series at a neutral location. That rule holds true until you make it out of your Region at which time the UIL takes over schedule making. I understand the logic behind the UIL sticking with the 1 game series in Austin in that it cuts down on how many nights in the hotel room each school has to shell out for. UIL wants each Regional Champion to be present for the State Tourney and the only way to make that happen and keep the costs down is to continue the one game series. If they ever switch to a 3 game then the state tourney would have to be pared down to only the top 2 teams remaining in each classification. This in turn would also probably add another week to the season. It also would provide the true "best team in the state," in my opinion. Coaches like to play cat and mouse games if they think they are out gunned by their opponents' #1 and hold their own #1 back for game 2 to try to even the series at 1 game apiece and try to slide away with a victory in game 3 when neither team is showing it's best line-up. The current system does not allow for this as you throw your #1 on day 1 because you have to win day 1 to get to play day 2. I just think a series would allow the kids to determine who the true champion is on the field of play rather than the UIL determining who the champion is because they change their own rules to suit themselves in the 3 most important games of the season.

sinton66
06-03-2007, 01:39 PM
I've often wondered myself if football can choose their own neutral site, why not basketball and baseball? This state tourney is a heck of a financial boon for Austin businesses. What would be so bad about spreading the wealth around a bit?

Chopblock
06-03-2007, 03:29 PM
ya'll could always come by 6th floor of Seton medical center on Thursday and cheer me up, I'm having a knee replacement there on Wednesday June6th

ILS1
06-03-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm definitely going to the tourney, anybody up for a meet and greet?

I live about 2 miles from the Dell Diamond and probably won't be able to watch the tourney because of work!!!!

:eek: :eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
06-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I live about 2 miles from the Dell Diamond and probably won't be able to watch the tourney because of work!!!!

:eek: :eek: i havent been to that area since i sold my house in 2003 and i remember not much was build between round rock and hutto.

txkmom
06-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Of course I will be there and would love to meet everyone.

Matthew328
06-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Last time I was out there the "country" between Round Rock and Hutto was shrinking fast....

j_dog
06-03-2007, 10:43 PM
I will be at all the 3A games, so please set a time and place for the meet and greet. I will do my best to be there. :)

j_dog
06-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by ILS1

:eek: :eek:
work is a four letter word. :D never let it interfere with life. :) :cool: :clap:

j_dog
06-03-2007, 10:49 PM
three reasons the late game is better:

1. it is cooler then. :)
2. fans who work during the day have a better chance to attend. :)
3. it is cooler then. :) :) :clap:

pirate4state
06-04-2007, 09:21 AM
So, what are we gonna do? Meet for lunch? Or just meet up at the ballpark? In between games maybe? Whatever the outcome of our game, I'll be staying to watch some of the Jasper/Wylie game. :thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
06-04-2007, 09:27 AM
three reasons the late game is better:

1. it is cooler then. :)
2. fans who work during the day have a better chance to attend. :)
3. it is cooler then. :) :) :clap:
I wouldn't count on 1 & 3 this week. :(

I'm going to try to make Wednesday - the boys have eye appt's at 1:30, so it will be late or in between games if we do. I haven't told them about the game plans yet. :devil: :D

txkmom
06-04-2007, 09:35 AM
I am following the team down on Tuesday, so I'll already be there with the girls. Just let me know what you plan.

j_dog
06-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I wouldn't count on 1 & 3 this week. :(

but it will be harder to get a sun-burn! :D

j_dog
06-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
So, what are we gonna do? Meet for lunch? Or just meet up at the ballpark? In between games maybe? Whatever the outcome of our game, I'll be staying to watch some of the Jasper/Wylie game. :thumbsup:
Yes, stick around. :) I am looking forward to meeting some Sinton fans/posters in person. I know some BC fans will be at both games. If we can get organized, maybe some of the meet and greet can happen while the games are being played.

For sure, it would seem that perhaps the best time to meet to get more folks would be between games. And those of us who can still could meet for lunch before the first game. Realistically, not everyone can make every possible meeting time.

So, why not do at least two smaller meets? Like lunch Wednesday, and between the two games?

Maybe someone who knows the area and the stadium can suggest places?

pirate4state
06-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by txkmom
I am following the team down on Tuesday, so I'll already be there with the girls. Just let me know what you plan. I'll give you a call when I arrive in Round Rock. I honestly don't think I'll be there in time for lunch. A pre-game meeting and between game meeting would work best for me. See ya'll there!!

txkmom
06-04-2007, 11:37 AM
We are now hitching a ride - saves me a lot in gas $$, so if you guys meet for lunch, I may not be able to, but pre- and post-game, you're on.

j_dog
06-04-2007, 01:49 PM
The first game is at 4:00 and probably most people will be driving in.

If anyone wants to meet for lunch, please pm me your cell number and maybe we can work out something for around 12:30 to 1:00. That should give us time to get into town, eat, and still make it to the park well ahead of 4:00.

Gosh, just the thought makes me hungry already! :) I trust that someone will have suggestions on good places to eat in Round Rock. :)

Chopblock
06-04-2007, 04:11 PM
try the little red barn

sinton66
06-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Okay, for those of you who can make it in for lunch, let's set the meet at Rudy's BBQ on IH35 at Round Rock. Not too far from the field, so should have time to visit and make it to the games in plenty of time.

Directions to Rudy's (http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&gid1=19387492&q1=2400+N+I+H+35+78681&trf=0&lon=-97.693455&lat=30.535947&mag=3)

Directions to Dell Diamond (http://www.roundrockexpress.com/default.asp?pageId=50)

sinton66
06-04-2007, 07:39 PM

We're going to try lunch, then we can meet up at the field for those who can't make lunch. I'm not familiar with Dell Diamond, so somebody decide a good place to meet and when.

GWOOD
06-05-2007, 06:58 AM
Okay, for those of you who can make it in for lunch, let's set the meet at Rudy's BBQ on IH35 at Round Rock. Not too far from the field, so should have time to visit and make it to the games in plenty of time.

Directions to Rudy's (http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&gid1=19387492&q1=2400+N+I+H+35+78681&trf=0&lon=-97.693455&lat=30.535947&mag=3)

Directions to Dell Diamond (http://www.roundrockexpress.com/default.asp?pageId=50)

That sounds great! What time?

pooch
06-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Is that toll road 130 from I-35 (up by Belton, I believe) to Hwy 79 just east of Dell Diamond open yet?

j_dog
06-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
That sounds great! What time?
I plan to try to be there by 12:00 to 12:30, but the "time" can float until later if folks are coming in. Actually, we don't have to all eat at the same time, just so we get to visit.

Again, I have already recieved some cell numbers from folks. If you pm those to me, I can tell you if there is still a group there if you are running later. I figure the "meet and greet" can last up close to game time if folks still want to visit. Or we can break up and go do our own things.

j_dog
06-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by pooch
Is that toll road 130 from I-35 (up by Belton, I believe) to Hwy 79 just east of Dell Diamond open yet?
I know parts of the toll road are open, but I don't know about that segment in particular. I am inclined to think it is. I have driven 79 recently and there were signs promoting the toll road. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will post. :)

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by pooch
Is that toll road 130 from I-35 (up by Belton, I believe) to Hwy 79 just east of Dell Diamond open yet? I'm not sure about further North, but I do know it's open at Georgetown.....which seems like a waste of $$$$$ if that's all that's open. (DON'T get me started on toll roads!!!! :mad: :rolleyes: :foul: )

SintonFan_inAustin
06-05-2007, 09:37 AM
took the toll roads from Pfluggerville to Cedar Park. Took 5 mins.:eek: it would had taken 30 mins to 45 mins without the toll road.

pirate4state
06-05-2007, 10:58 AM

Okay, I might be able to stop in around 2pm. LOL. I hope to leave Sinton by 10 a.m. tomorrow.

marlin fan
06-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Okay, I might be able to stop in around 2pm. LOL. I hope to leave Sinton by 10 a.m. tomorrow. can some one come by and watch the kids so i can come!!! lol i gotta have some fun before i start my job!!! :mad:

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
can some one come by and watch the kids so i can come!!! lol i gotta have some fun before i start my job!!! :mad:
Bring them with you! :devil:

Johnnypaycheck
06-05-2007, 07:44 PM
For those that like good mexican food...Rio Grande in Hutto or Round Rock is good. Good adult beverages too. That is where me and my gang will be dining.

j_dog
06-05-2007, 09:09 PM
I plan to try to be there by 12:00 to 12:30, but the "time" can float until later if folks are coming in. Actually, we don't have to all eat at the same time, just so we get to visit.

Again, I have already recieved some cell numbers from folks. If you pm those to me, I can tell you if there is still a group there if you are running later. I figure the "meet and greet" can last up close to game time if folks still want to visit. Or we can break up and go do our own things.
For you folks planning to meet at Rudy's I will be wearing blue jeans and a red long sleeve shirt (for sun protection later :D).

At the park I will also be wearing my straw hat.

Hope to meet several of you there! :)

LH Panther Mom
06-06-2007, 07:12 AM
:weeping: :weeping: Most likely, I won't be able to make it. Since my work PC is on the fritz, I have to take it to the office, then eye appts, then back to the office. :( p4s, I'll call you if something changes.

j_dog
06-06-2007, 07:57 AM
:weeping: :weeping: Most likely, I won't be able to make it. Since my work PC is on the fritz, I have to take it to the office, then eye appts, then back to the office. :( p4s, I'll call you if something changes.
Hate to hear that! :(

Well, off to Round Rock. Hope everyone who PM'd me their cell number makes it to Rudy's. :)

LH Panther Mom
06-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Hate to hear that! :(

Well, off to Round Rock. Hope everyone who PM'd me their cell number makes it to Rudy's. :)
I just sent you mine, just in case. :) Drive carefully!

pirate4state
06-06-2007, 08:38 AM
:weeping: :weeping: Most likely, I won't be able to make it. Since my work PC is on the fritz, I have to take it to the office, then eye appts, then back to the office. :( p4s, I'll call you if something changes. Bummer! :( Who knows? Maybe Sinton will be playing Thursday and you can come then. ;) :D

marlin fan
06-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Bring them with you! :devil: lol!!!! yeah maybe they wont be so bad!! my lil bad brothers act so dang shy when they around new people lol but my sis she stays da same haha!!!

JasperDog94
06-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Chopblock
ya'll could always come by 6th floor of Seton medical center on Thursday and cheer me up, I'm having a knee replacement there on Wednesday June6th Too many chop blocks, huh?:doh:

Sorry...I couldn't resist. I wish you a fast recovery!:clap: