PDA

View Full Version : Which Performance was better

Old Tiger
06-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Vince Young(2006 Rose Bowl)
200 Rushing Yards
267 Passing Yards
3 Rushing TD's
Led Texas to a come from behind victory against USC in the 2006 Rose Bowl for the college football National Championship.

LeBron James(Game 5 Eastern Conference Finals)
48 points
9 rebounds
7 assist
2 steals
Scored the final 25 of 29 points in Cleveland's 2(OT) win against the Detroit Pistons.

They were just talking about this on ESPN so that is where I got the idea for this poll. Please Discuss and tell me what you think.

Gobbla2001
06-01-2007, 05:17 PM
apples and oranges... two different sports, two different settings...

great performances

charlesrixey
06-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Dwayne Wade had similar performances just last year;

no one has ever done what Vince Young did on that stage

BIG_STICK
06-01-2007, 09:03 PM
the only reason VY is gettin vote is b/c of everyone being a homer Lebron hands down

Hupernikomen
06-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by BIG_STICK
the only reason VY is gettin vote is b/c of everyone being a homer Lebron hands down

Lebron's performance was great as was Young's. Lebron get to play near every night and this was a big win in the playoffs, but Young's was for a national championship.

tigerpride_08
06-01-2007, 09:12 PM
i say VY just because they had to come back...Cavs were in the game the whole time...could have even put it away in regulation if they hit some free throws...actually LeBron had the Cavs 29 of the last 30 points..i remember them saying that last night...

JR2004
06-01-2007, 09:14 PM
If this performance had happened in the Western Finals or the NBA Finals against a Western Conference team I'd put it on even footing with what Vince did...

Since it came against a fellow JV team who has probably the most inept coach this side of Isaiah Thomas, I voted for Vince.

BIG_STICK
06-01-2007, 09:34 PM
WOW these two teams from the Eastern conf could play in the WEST ask mav fans what happened lat year when everyone thought that the east stunk. If the Pistons end up winning the series they would roll SA as for Cleve. Maybe to inexperienced, but they do pose many match up problems Spurs dont fare well with a big backcourt. VY would not have been there without the athletes that were surronding him he had many choices, James was doubled and tripled team, and 29 of last 30 pts when the other team knows you are going to keep the ball. Oh well VY will show his true colors this year in the NFL