PDA

View Full Version : Dear NFL.....Suspend Michael Vick

Old Tiger
06-01-2007, 04:17 PM
He should be gone for the entire year even without conviction. Case and point: Adam "Pacman" Jones.

kepdawg
06-01-2007, 04:18 PM
I bet you wouldn't be saying that if he was white! ;)

Old Tiger
06-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I bet you wouldn't be saying that if he was white! ;) I just think because this because if he wasn't "Mike Vick" he would be suspended. This is the grey area in the new Roger Goodell policy. How come he hasn't taken action on Michael Vick but suspended Pacman for a year without convictions. This allegation is way worse than all the stuff Pacman has been tied to put together.

DDBooger
06-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I just think because this because if he wasn't "Mike Vick" he would be suspended. This is the grey area in the new Roger Goodell policy. How come he hasn't taken action on Michael Vick but suspended Pacman for a year without convictions. This allegation is way worse than all the stuff Pacman has been tied to put together. pacman is tied to a man being shot and paralyzed. or is that someone else? perhaps animal cruelty trumps that:thinking:

Macarthur
06-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Man, the more I hear about these dog fights, the most it turns my stomache. I think it is deplorable that people think this is entertainment. Absolutely sickening.

Maroon87
06-01-2007, 05:01 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he was ultimately suspended for this. Remember...Pacman had a longer hit list when Goodell took over than Vick, so I'm sure suspension is being explored. If he winds up being directly linked to dog fighting, he should get a year off too IMO.

Can the Falcons ask for Matt Schaub back?:thinking:

DDBooger
06-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

Can the Falcons ask for Matt Schaub back?:thinking: excellent point and surprised espn has not explored that!

Maroon87
06-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
excellent point and surprised espn has not explored that!

I was being facetious but you know the Atlanta front office is pissed at Vick for not being straightforward with them (allegedly). If they knew this was going on they'd have never done that trade.

DDBooger
06-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I was being facetious but you know the Atlanta front office is pissed at Vick for not being straightforward with them (allegedly). If they knew this was going on they'd have never done that trade. well facetious or not, having a good back up is something that atlanta always had, now they trade him and poof, vick could miss season! talk about being SOL

Gobbla2001
06-01-2007, 05:21 PM
the front office knew he was doing it, he held fights in the lockeroom during halftime...

SWMustang
06-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
the front office knew he was doing it, he held fights in the lockeroom during halftime...

You have fooled me one too many times Gobbla. I bought your story thay some UFC fighter was hauled off in an Ambulance in a comatose state.

Gobbla2001
06-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
You have fooled me one too many times Gobbla. I bought your story thay some UFC fighter was hauled off in an Ambulance in a comatose state.

yah he still hasn't added me to his myspace... I hired some guy to whup his ass last saturday night...

SWMustang
06-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
yah he still hasn't added me to his myspace... I hired some guy to whup his ass last saturday night...

I think you got your money's worth :)

bandera7
06-01-2007, 05:44 PM
You cant even start to compare paralyzing/killing a person to dog fighting. Dog fighting isnt right, but its just a dog. A human being is 100000000000 times more valuable than an animal. Now Im not saying that we should mess with animals, or cause them harm just because, but trying to compare Pacman's case with Vicks is ridiculous.

BuffyMars
06-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I bet you wouldn't be saying that if he was white! ;)

I would! Color ain't got nothing to do with what he did.

I would rather have a crackhead roaming the streets than someone like him who harms others, whether it be animals or people.

I think that is #$%#@%*@!

JR2004
06-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Well this is the case where Goodell shows that he has no uniform policy on what to do. He bowed to public pressure to suspend Pacman and now he's going pretty easy on Vick thus far.

I'm kinda conflicted on Vick though. While I can't say that I agree with what he's been accused of doing, it does give me a good laugh knowing that this is probably pissing peta off to no end that the NFL hasn't done anything to him.