PDA

View Full Version : TAMUK football coach steps down

Bull Butter
06-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Before he ever coached a game.........

http://caller.com/news/2007/jun/01/javs-football-coach-stepping-down/ball coach steps down
From staff reports
Originally published 10:30 a.m., June 1, 2007
Updated 12:56 p.m., June 1, 2007

KINGSVILLE — Texas A&M-Kingsville head football coach Keith Baxter announced his resignation on Friday morning and the university tabbed defensive coordinator Bo Atterberry as the head coach for the 2007 season.

Baxter was hired in December to replace Richard Cundiff. Baxter announced his decision was due to his family’s wishes to remain in Durant, Okla., the city he moved from when he came to Kingsville in December 2006.

"I want to thank the university and the community of Kingsville for all of their support, but it is with a heavy heart that I must resign my position as head football coach at Texas A&M-Kingsville," Baxter said. "This is a special place, but my faith and family have and always will be my top priorities and my first responsibility, and I must meet those responsibilities before all others."

Baxter was just the eighth head coach in the 82-year history of Javelinas football.

Atterberry joined the Javelina staff in January of 2007 after serving as the defensive coordinator at his alma mater, Southeastern Oklahoma, the past three seasons. Each season SE Oklahoma won or tied for the Lone Star Conference North Division title.

"I want to thank the administration at Texas A&M-Kingsville for making my dream a reality today," Atterberry said. "It's a honor to be the head coach of the Javelinas and we are going to continue our mission of returning Texas A&M-Kingsville to its rightful place among the best programs in the country. We had a great spring practice, our kids are excited about the 2007 season and I'm excited about leading them on to the field September 1st when we play Southwestern Oklahoma."

kepdawg
06-01-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't know why anybody would want to stay in Durant!

Bull Butter
06-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Not sure what's in Durant, but Kingsville isn't exactly "Little Vegas"

Phil C
06-01-2007, 02:00 PM
:(

injuredinmelee
06-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Not sure what's in Durant, but Kingsville isn't exactly "Little Vegas"

thank you.

DDBooger
06-01-2007, 04:15 PM
well, he went undefeated

Bull Butter
06-01-2007, 04:36 PM
and winless

DDBooger
06-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
and winless your a glass is half empty guy huh? lol;)