PDA

View Full Version : Big NBA Rumor!

Phil C
06-01-2007, 11:22 AM
I have heard that after the NBA season that Cleveland is going to trade to LA for Kobe Bryant. I don't know who is in the trade offering and I am sure it is some draft picks involved but Cleveland wants to get Bryant and James on the court for the same team. This would make Cleveland unbeatable especially if they can come up with a real good center and I have heard more rumors that when his contract expires that Shaq has patched things up with Bryant and wants to join them in Cleveland also.

Shhhhhhhh! Remember this is just a hot tip from a source that I cannot name.

carter08
06-01-2007, 11:23 AM
um.
wow.

TheDOCTORdre
06-01-2007, 11:28 AM
phil c u crazy:D

Macarthur
06-01-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't see it happening.

First, you do realize that Labron and Kobe play the same position?

Secondly, who the heck does Cle have that would even remotely interest LA?

big daddy russ
06-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Phil, Cleveland doesn't have the guns to trade for Kobe. They own a late draft pick and nobody outside of LeBron is even close to being worth Kobe.

Under the CBA, a trade for Kobe would have to look something like this if the Cavs are serious about it:

LAKERS GET:
PG Daniel Gibson
PF Drew Gooden
C Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Plus draft picks

CAVS GET:
SG Kobe

The Cavs are stuck with a late pick in this years' draft and will probably be stuck with late picks forever. The Lakers get zero cap room (there aren't any expiring contracts on the Cavs' roster), and are stuck with no marquee talent and no way to acquire marquee talent.

Will not, repeat WILL NOT happen. IF Kobe is traded at all, it'd be to someone with young, potential franchise talent. That's why you keep hearing talk about the Bulls sending Deng, Gordon, and a post over to LA for Kobe.

kepdawg
06-01-2007, 12:19 PM
I thought Seattle was doing a sign and trade with Rashard Lewis and sending him and the #2 pick to LA for Kobe!

Adidas410s
06-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I thought Seattle was doing a sign and trade with Rashard Lewis and sending him and the #2 pick to LA for Kobe!

there is word that this deal has been talked about. Crazier things have happened though...

big daddy russ
06-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
That would be something worth looking at, but Lewis and Odom are very similar players. If they could get this, though, I'd take it.

UPanIN
06-01-2007, 01:46 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice work Phil C.

RdaleBoi08
06-01-2007, 01:49 PM
If That Happened, Cleveland Would Be The Team To Beat!

KTA
06-01-2007, 02:06 PM
I thought Rashard was going to test free agency

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3275

Status Alert: Lewis has officially opted out of the final two years of his contract so he can become an unrestricted free agent, KRIV in Houston reports. (May 25)

kepdawg
06-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by KTA
I thought Rashard was going to test free agency

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3275

Status Alert: Lewis has officially opted out of the final two years of his contract so he can become an unrestricted free agent, KRIV in Houston reports. (May 25)

That's why I said Seattle would do a sign and trade with him!

KTA
06-01-2007, 02:14 PM
it would have to be for big money, why else would he of opted out of his contract?

District303aPastPlayer
06-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Will not, repeat WILL NOT happen. IF Kobe is traded at all, it'd be to someone with young, potential franchise talent. That's why you keep hearing talk about the Bulls sending Deng, Gordon, and a post over to LA for Kobe. [/B]

I will drop my allegiances to the bulls and further hate the lakers if that happens. I love the bulls right now... they look like a college all star team from circa 02...

injuredinmelee
06-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Phil forgot to take his meds again! Get security over here.

charlesrixey
06-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I have heard that after the NBA season that Cleveland is going to trade to LA for Kobe Bryant. I don't know who is in the trade offering and I am sure it is some draft picks involved but Cleveland wants to get Bryant and James on the court for the same team. This would make Cleveland unbeatable especially if they can come up with a real good center and I have heard more rumors that when his contract expires that Shaq has patched things up with Bryant and wants to join them in Cleveland also.

Shhhhhhhh! Remember this is just a hot tip from a source that I cannot name.

who could you possibly know that was important enough for anyone to care, phil?

:rolleyes: ;)

JT44
06-01-2007, 09:06 PM
kobe's just trying to get a little attention in may and june, he wont get traded until the '09 season when he can opt out, so look for the lakers to trade him before the deadline that year,

this is all hogwash though b/c none of us know wha'ts going to happen,

I think the best thing is the lakers are gonna give walton,brown,parker, and probably odom for jermaine oneal

big daddy russ
06-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
who could you possibly know that was important enough for anyone to care, phil?

:rolleyes: ;)
You know something, though, he called the Ryan Perriloux switch-- even the team he went to-- looong before it happened.

Not that I believe this will ever happen, just saying that he MAY know somebody.

dogdad
06-01-2007, 09:51 PM
just a reminder people...............
this is basketball
how important could any of this really be?

Diocletian
06-02-2007, 12:22 AM
lmao you are insane if you think this will ever happen

they wouldn't make a good team anyway they both need the ball to do anything 100% of the time, but neither one of them are point guards and to equal Kobe salary they'd have to trade more then just 4 or 5 cavs...... it'd have to be like 8 or somthing

injuredinmelee
06-02-2007, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You know something, though, he called the Ryan Perriloux switch-- even the team he went to-- looong before it happened.

Not that I believe this will ever happen, just saying that he MAY know somebody.

everyone called the RP switch. Phil knows nothing more than what he reads on hornfans.com the whole world knew it was goign tohappen 3 weeks before it became public knowledge.

eagles_victory
06-02-2007, 09:41 AM
if im LA i would be intrested in the trade with Seattle but if im Seattle I dont know if i want to give up Durant for Kobe I know Kobe is the best in the league but he is an old 29 and i think Durant could be a star

Phil C
06-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
everyone called the RP switch. Phil knows nothing more than what he reads on hornfans.com the whole world knew it was goign tohappen 3 weeks before it became public knowledge.

Shows I have good sources. :)

VanKampen
06-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I don't see it happening.

First, you do realize that Labron and Kobe play the same position?

Secondly, who the heck does Cle have that would even remotely interest LA?
lebron is a point guard you idiot. he's got the size to be a small forward. the only time he plays SG is if eric snow or gibson are playing. how can you not know that? he brings the ball up the court and sets up every play for everyone else. thats why he gets so many assists. and if they did play the same position, who cares? lebron doesnt care if he has to pass the ball.