PDA

View Full Version : Steve Kerr to be Suns GM

kepdawg
05-31-2007, 09:45 PM
Report: Kerr to be named Suns GM, president of basketball operations
ESPN.com news services

Steve Kerr is back in the NBA.

The Phoenix Suns will name Kerr, who won five championships playing with the Chicago Bulls and San Antonio Spurs, as president of basketball operations and general manager next week, The Arizona Republic reported Thursday.

Kerr will replace Mike D'Antoni as GM so that D'Antoni can focus on coaching. D'Antoni will keep the title of executive vice president of basketball operations but will report to Kerr, The Republic reported.

Kerr was an original partner in Robert Sarver's 2004 purchase of the franchise and still advises Sarver in basketball decisions.

Kerr will finish his duties as a TNT analyst for the Eastern Conference finals before the announcement is made.

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
ESPN.com news services

The Phoenix Suns will name Kerr, who won five championships playing with the Chicago Bulls and San Antonio Spurs, as president of basketball operations and general manager next week, The Arizona Republic reported Thursday.

Kerr will replace Mike D'Antoni as GM so that D'Antoni can focus on coaching. D'Antoni will keep the title of executive vice president of basketball operations but will report to Kerr, The Republic reported.

Kerr was an original partner in Robert Sarver's 2004 purchase of the franchise and still advises Sarver in basketball decisions.

Kerr will finish his duties as a TNT analyst for the Eastern Conference finals before the announcement is made.

I think this a great oppurtunity for Kerr, he should excel, very smart basketball mind.

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-31-2007, 11:18 PM
One of my favorite all time players just cause he is a nerdy white guy.

JR2004
06-01-2007, 02:09 AM
Thank goodness for this. No more annoying broadcasting.

maestro
06-01-2007, 08:17 AM
i had wondered if the rockets should have looked the sun's way as far as new hirings..

saw where marc i. was hired at memphis...

charlesrixey
06-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
ESPN.com news services

does this mean i can't read any more analysis from him on yahoo.com?