PDA

View Full Version : Here's why Michelle Wie quit today

Adidas410s
05-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Before Wie teed off on 8, her manager, Greg Nared, approached her, and the two talked briefly. Afterward Wie told an LPGA official, "We're not going to play anymore."

It's not clear whose decision it was to withdraw. During the round Wie wasn't obviously bothered by her wrist, and she looked surprised when Nared approached her on 8. (Nared didn't stick around to answer questions after Wie's press conference.)

Wie says she wasn't thinking about the LPGA's 88 rule, which stipulates that any non-LPGA player (Wie was there on a sponsor's exemption) who doesn't break 88 in a round is not allowed to finish the tournament or play in any other tournaments for the rest of the season. "I don't think about shooting 88," she said. "That's not what I do."

injuredinmelee
05-31-2007, 06:05 PM
Turned professional way too early on bad advice from her father. Should ahve stayed on the Jr Circuit and learned how to win. ESPN created this monster and she alone has to live with the consequences.

Her game is good for her age I wont lie abotu that but not near enough to win on the LPGA and not even close to being a top 100 player on the PGA tour.

kepdawg
05-31-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Turned professional way too early on bad advice from her father. Should ahve stayed on the Jr Circuit and learned how to win. ESPN created this monster and she alone has to live with the consequences.

Her game is good for her age I wont lie abotu that but not near enough to win on the LPGA and not even close to being a top 100 player on the PGA tour.

She hasn't turned pro yet, has she?

kepdawg
05-31-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
She hasn't turned pro yet, has she?

Nevermind! I found my answer. She can't be a member of the LPGA until she is 18.

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-31-2007, 11:32 PM
I'd marry her, she's gonna be rich someday.

Emerson1
05-31-2007, 11:35 PM
She is rich already

BTEXDAD
06-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Phil Mikelson felt sorry for Michelle and withdrew from the Men's Memorial tournament on thursday with a wrist injury.