PDA

View Full Version : Former Celina athlete enrolled at Oklahoma State

kepdawg
05-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Former Celina athlete enrolled at Oklahoma State

Former Celina football player, Tyler Franklin, who was diagnosed with osteosarcoma – the most common type of bone cancer – on his left leg in February 2006, will begin his first day of classes at Oklahoma State Monday.

His father, Scott Franklin, told me today that he dropped him off in Stillwater Tuesday. Tyler has been cancer-free since December after undergoing 17 chemotherapy sessions. A week before he was diagnosed, Tyler had signed a letter of intent to play football at Texas A&M-Commerce. Obviously, those plans changed.

Tyler plans on staying involved in football. He will study strength and conditioning and is expected to join OSU’s strength and conditioning student staff, Scott said. Tyler plans to coach football.

Since undergoing chemotherapy, there have been no signs of the cancer returning.

“We’re hoping and praying that it stays the same,” Scott said.

Posted by David Hinojosa at 11:22 AM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

http://hs.beloblog.com/

BuffyMars
05-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Poor guy. Glad he's doing well now.

BILLYFRED0000
05-30-2007, 07:20 PM
He is looking pretty good. Still needs the cane but he is getting where he can leave it down for a while. I know he is excited to be there. I saw Jamie Blatnick the other day and he will be there this fall for the football program and they at least will have someone they both know well.

charlesrixey
05-30-2007, 07:23 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

go bobcats

GetRDoneStangs
05-30-2007, 07:33 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: