PDA

View Full Version : Damn you Bellville, if it had not been..

Fotbol
05-30-2007, 03:33 PM
For those stubborn Brahmas beating my Bulldogs in 02, I think we win state with that team, this game will haunt me for a long time. I hear Marlin and Bellville will play next alignment in Bellville, I wouldn't miss it for the world.:mad:

piratebg
05-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Well, if you had got past Bellville in 02, I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that means you would have had to face a very good Sinton team that lost to Everman in the state championship game that year.

marlin fan
05-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
For those stubborn Brahmas beating my Bulldogs in 02, I think we win state with that team, this game will haunt me for a long time. I hear Marlin and Bellville will play next alignment in Bellville, I wouldn't miss it for the world.:mad: yes!!! i would take off work for that one!!!!

marlin fan
05-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Well, if you had got past Bellville in 02, I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that means you would have had to face a very good Sinton team that lost to Everman in the state championship game that year. everman and Sinton were div 1 i think!!

piratebg
05-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
everman and Sinton were div 1 i think!!

True, but Sinton had to go though Bellville to get to Bridge City, I believe. Someone help me out here.

Chris Hart
05-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Piratebg that was 01 of which you speak...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-30-2007, 04:02 PM
2002? Marlin would have had to play Bandera in the semi-finals.

Darn that blocked punt in the end-zone for a TD, otherwise it would have most likely been Port Isabel there instead of Bandera.

piratebg
05-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Piratebg that was 01 of which you speak...

I'm always confusing myself. I graduated in 01 and automatically assume next years team is the 02 team. Make sense? I really can drive myself crazy sometimes.

Ranger Mom
05-30-2007, 04:33 PM
For those stubborn Brahmas beating my Bulldogs in 02, I think we win state with that team, this game will haunt me for a long time. I hear Marlin and Bellville will play next alignment in Bellville, I wouldn't miss it for the world.:mad:

I remember that year well....and that last game will haunt me for a long time too!!!

Undefeated going in and losing to Bandera.......BANDERA!!!......in double OT by a field goal!!!!

My heart still hearts!:(

Bull's-eye
05-30-2007, 05:03 PM

Marlin got revenge and defeated a very good Bellville team in 2003. IMO, the better team lost both games.

In 2002, Bellville's win was such a huge victory that it left the Brahmas emotionally flat for their semi-final game against Bandera. Not taking anything away from Bandera, but Bellville felt they had just defeated the best team in the state.