PDA

View Full Version : Upset of 2007 TCU beats Texas in Austin

neo800
05-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Tcu will beat Texas this year in Austin.

Ranger Mom
05-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by neo800

You are just full of wisdom today..huh??

neo800
05-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Just wait you will see come this fall.Remember this post.;)

LH Panther Mom
05-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You are just full of wisdom today..huh??
Or full of something... :evillol: :evillol: ;)

Ranger Mom
Just wait you will see come this fall.Remember this post.;)

We "hid and watched" all last season too.........some things are just not meant to be!

piratebg
Sounds like someone had a little too much coffee this morning.

LH Panther Mom
05-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We "hid and watched" all last season too.........some things are just not meant to be!
GMTA. :D :clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
05-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
GMTA. :D :clap: :clap:

why is that whenever I read GMTA I can't help but think, "Give Me That Ass?" :(

pirate4state
05-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
why is that whenever I read GMTA I can't help but think, "Give Me That Ass?" :(

A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste! :D

Gsquared
05-30-2007, 09:39 AM
TCU is going to be good for sure BUT, Texas will out athelete TCU, hide and watch

Phil C
05-30-2007, 10:22 AM
TCU has pulled off several big upsets of UT in the past. The most notable one was in 1961 when their 6 to 0 win knocked UT out of the NC picture. Star Running back James Saxon got knocked out of the game in the third quarter. It was a great effort by TCU. The strange thing is that TCU ended up with a losing season at 3 - 5 - 2. The 1961 TCU team also probably cost Ohio State the NC also because they were ranked No. 1 when they played TCU and the game was in Ohio but TCU held them to a 7 to 7 tie which was Ohio State's only blemish. This TCU team had pulled off both of those upsets on the road.

With those upsets Alabama was able to get No. 1 near the end of the year and hold on to it.

It would have been great that year if they had a real playoff system because there were several great teams. It would have been great to have had a playoff system with the top teams that year which would no doubt have included Texas, Alabama, Ohio State, Mississippi, LSU, Arkansas, etc.

injuredinmelee
05-30-2007, 10:36 AM
its good that you have a dream I guess.

wedo
05-30-2007, 12:48 PM

Hey pass that this way i want a hit too!!!:smoker: puff puff give don't mess that rotation up.

sahen
05-30-2007, 04:43 PM

haha....yup the week after Baylor beats them at Amon Carter....it will be a funny two weeks for sure.....

Matthew328
05-30-2007, 05:57 PM
We were talking about this at work today....TCU will play UT tough......I doubt they'll win but I didn't think they'd beat OU at their place 2 years ago either....TCU is not to be overlooked.....they are solid..

TCU aint losing to Baylor at Amon Carter though....Baylor had their chance last year..

neo800
05-30-2007, 07:55 PM
just watch and see.Tcu has speed everywhere just like Texas.

GetRDoneStangs
05-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Look for Joseph Banyard to make some noise in the future..and Bootsie to keep on comin on !!:D :D :D

2 former Sweetwater Mustangs that will be dressed in the purple next year....

I may have to follow the Frogs !!:clap: :clap:

charlesrixey
05-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Or full of something... :evillol: :evillol: ;)

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

sahen
05-30-2007, 08:25 PM
just watch and see.Tcu has speed everywhere just like Texas.

where did they hide their speed last year? Baylor and TCU played even that game....im sry but if your playing even w/ us then Texas is going to throttle you....

sahen
05-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
We were talking about this at work today....TCU will play UT tough......I doubt they'll win but I didn't think they'd beat OU at their place 2 years ago either....TCU is not to be overlooked.....they are solid..

TCU aint losing to Baylor at Amon Carter though....Baylor had their chance last year..

i dont really think we will beat TCU, i was just saying UT being beat by TCU in Austin is less likely than us beating the horny toads in fort worth....

TexanAlum_06
05-30-2007, 08:30 PM
I think this game could be one to watch for a while. it just depends on UT entirely. Throw home field advantage out the window. I dont think that will have any bearing. If texas comes out and plays lackluster "go through the motions" football this game could become one to watch. This is the biggest trap game of the year.

Matthew328
05-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Baylor played TCU even but lets be honest....the Frogs played like crap that game and Baylor was amped up to the highest order.....other than the debacle in Lubbock a few years ago TCU has fared well against Big 12 competition....

It would be nuts to think TCU will actually win but I can see a 31-17 type game for sure

sahen
05-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Baylor played TCU even but lets be honest....the Frogs played like crap that game and Baylor was amped up to the highest order.....other than the debacle in Lubbock a few years ago TCU has fared well against Big 12 competition....

It would be nuts to think TCU will actually win but I can see a 31-17 type game for sure

im pretty sure the frogs were amped up for the game as well...and y is it that anytime baylor plays someone close they played like crap? Baylor was a decent team last year, maybe even a bowl team in a tuff Big 12 before we lost our starting QB against the Aggies late in the 4th quarter of that game......i know that is a hard concept for some to grasp but the Bears were 4-4 after a bad 1-3 start when they played the aggies and were 3-1 in the Big 12 at the time...if bell doesnt go down they were in position to maybe win the game against the aggies and might have taken another along the way to go bowling....the Bears last year werent bad before that Aggie game, this year however im afraid we will be horrid again....

i agree w/ your score prediction however...i expect TCU to play UT around there, who knows maybe they will rattle Mccoy and be able to get closer or squeak it out, but i expect UT to win by 2-3 TDs....

Matthew328
05-30-2007, 08:55 PM
TCU also played that Baylor game with their back up QB....Ballard played the first half but I think he got knocked silly pretty early....LOL I was at that game on the Baylor side and they were geeked...

neo800
05-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Baylor needs to be in the sunbelt with north texas.Just think if your a top player in Texas do you want to play for baylor and be in waco or Austin?Baylor will never be good in football in my lifetime.They will always suck.

sahen
05-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Baylor needs to be in the sunbelt with north texas.Just think if your a top player in Texas do you want to play for baylor and be in waco or Austin?Baylor will never be good in football in my lifetime.They will always suck.

how old are you?

going to the sunbelt would be stupid, football isnt the endall and be all of an athletic program, the rest of our sports are fine..just the most visable sport stinks

sahen
05-30-2007, 09:17 PM
TCU also played that Baylor game with their back up QB....Ballard played the first half but I think he got knocked silly pretty early....LOL I was at that game on the Baylor side and they were geeked...

i was at the game as well...if you were think we were "geeked" for that game then you shouldve been at teh A&M game....being "geeked" for the first game of the year is normal....

neo800
05-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Its true Baylor cant recruit with the other big 12 teams.I bet they dont win more than 3 or 4 games this year.Im sure its a great school but for football never.

sahen
05-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Its true Baylor cant recruit with the other big 12 teams.I bet they dont win more than 3 or 4 games this year.Im sure its a great school but for football never.

not to be rude but that is a stupid statement....to say a school will never be good at a sport is just dumb, if the powers at TCU took that approach then they'd really suck.....the Bears have won more times than they have lost against the Frogs....Baylor recruited w/ the other Big 12 schools in the past, a couple bad coaches can really hurt a program but getone good coach and ur back in the mix....dont believe me? look at Florida State pre Bobby Bowden or if you would like a private school example look at Miami pre Jimmy Johnson......