PDA

View Full Version : Mother, three young daughters found hanged

kepdawg
05-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Mother, three young daughters found hanged
BY BILL MILLER
wmiller@star-telegram.com
Parker County Sheriff's Deputy Eric Lee stops family and friends from going into mobile home in Hudson Oaks where a woman and three children were discovered dead Tuesday morning.

A woman, believed to be 23, and her three daughters were found hanging inside their mobile home this morning in Parker County, victims of a possible murder-suicide, Parker County Sheriff Larry Fowler said.

Also, an 8-month-old girl, was discovered hanging in the home, but the child was rescued by the woman’s sister who discovered the bodies early Tuesday.

The child was in good condition at Cook Children’s Hospital in Fort Worth, said Winifred King, a hospital spokeswoman.

The woman’s sister found the bodies at about 6:25 a.m. at the Oak Hill Mobile Home Park, Fowler said. The park is just off of Interstate 20, between Hudson Oaks and Willow Park, and about a mile south of Lake Weatherford.

``We got a mess,’’ Fowler said.

An employee at Wendy’s restaurant where the mother worked called the woman’s sister and said she did not show up for work this morning, Fowler said. The sister went to the mobile home and heard a gurgling noise as she entered. That noise, Fowler said, was coming from the 8-month-old daughter.

The sister freed the child and summoned help.

The mother and three other daughters, ages 5, 3, 2, all found hanging in a closet, were already dead, the sheriff said.

Fowler said a man believed to be the father of some or all of the children had been contacted and was being brought to the scene. He said the man and the woman were separated and he was trying to get clarification on whether they had been married.

The sheriff declined to release the names of the victims, but he said that some of the children had different last names.

There was no suicide note, Fowler said.

Check back for details.

smustangs
05-29-2007, 12:51 PM
wow thats horrible and prolly only 20 miles or so from my parents house

AP Panther Fan
05-29-2007, 01:35 PM
absolutely horrible...

:(

Here's a link (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/29/children.killed.ap/index.html) to another article which references the disturbing number of women from Texas murdering their children.

:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

Ranger Mom
05-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
absolutely horrible...

:(

Here's a link (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/29/children.killed.ap/index.html) to another article which references the disturbing number of women from Texas murdering their children.

:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

Here is a quote from that article:

Texas has seen a disturbing number of child killings by mothers in recent years.

Andrea Yates drowned her five children in the family's Houston bathtub in 2001. In 2003, Deanna Laney beat her two young sons to death with stones in East Texas, and Lisa Ann Diaz drowned her daughters in a Plano bathtub. Dena Schlosser fatally severed her 10-month-old daughter's arms with a kitchen knife in 2004.

All four of those women were found innocent by reason of insanity. Yates initially was convicted of capital murder, but it was overturned on appeal.

I never realized that all them were found innocent with the insanity plea......I thought that hardly ever worked!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

AP Panther Fan
05-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I never realized that all them were found innocent with the insanity plea......I thought that hardly ever worked!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

crazy huh? I don't remember the instances in 2003 and 2004.......:eek:

the insanity plea does seem to be working to the advantage of these monsters..:mad:

Emerson1
05-29-2007, 01:57 PM
It's because they are women, no way a man could plea insanity in these cases

Ranger Mom
05-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's because they are women, no way a man could plea insanity in these cases

Men don't HAVE to plead insanity...they just ARE!!:p :p :devil:

ML05
05-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Amen to that! haha. But I caught the end of this story on the news this morning. Horrible.

Ranger Mom
05-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ML05
Amen to that! haha. But I caught the end of this story on the news this morning. Horrible.

Well hello stranger!!:)

BuffyMars
05-29-2007, 02:52 PM
When Terry told me about the story that was my 1st thought. What is up with all of these women being from Texas. :confused: