PDA

View Full Version : Off season

rimcutter
12-29-2003, 12:48 AM
Do you think it is best for a athlete to just stick to one sport a year or go out for a second or third? I personally played football,basketball, and baseball

I know that if i had stuck with football i would have benefited greatly from it.(basketball caused me to injure my knee in football due to so much scare tissue) and i could never gain weight because of conditioning in basketball.

lobo12
12-29-2003, 12:53 AM
i think that you should play more than one sport. even if you couldnt gain weight i bet basketball helped with your quickness. plus playing three sports kept you in shape all year long. and track will make you faster. finally if you play more than one sport it keeps you competitive. that will help because by the time football comes you wont have lost your competitive nature. just my opinion

therealbulldogs
12-29-2003, 01:11 AM
I think that it's good to play more than one sport. I played football, basketball, and track from 7th grade through my sr. year. I don't think that it's all that important for a football player to play basketball but I do think that EVERY football player should do track. As for losing the competitive nature I don't think that can happen. I haven't played a sport in almost 2 years and I will always be competitive at everything.

Keith7
12-29-2003, 02:34 AM
My Freshman year I did Football, Soccer, Baseball, and Powerlifting, and as I got older, i realized the sports that i really was good at and had it narrowed down to Baseball and Football, and i truely believe it made me a better player at both

kaorder1999
12-29-2003, 02:38 AM
i just think its good to compete....as long as you keep competing you will become better at whatever you want to do

Wildcat81
12-29-2003, 06:09 AM
It's good to play 2 or more sports keeps you in shape.

poncho
12-29-2003, 07:46 AM
Football, track and weights, stretching and proper nutrition.

Old No. 7
12-29-2003, 08:54 AM
It's good to stay active even if it's not an organized sport.