PDA

View Full Version : Edgar Allen Poe's "The Pit and the Pendulum" coming to TCM on June 16, 2007!!

Phil C
05-28-2007, 07:18 PM
It will start at 2:30 A.M. CST and if you can't be up that early set those recorders. This is a great horror movie starring Vincent Price, John Kerr and Barbara Steele. It is magnificient and was made in 1961 and is in color. That ending shot is one of the greatest ones ever filmed. Don't miss it!

carter08
05-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Vincent Price is a great actor.

Are there multiple versions of this movie? I watched one with Vincent Price a few months back that was only about 30 minutes long.

Phil C
05-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Vincent Price is a great actor.

Are there multiple versions of this movie? I watched one with Vincent Price a few months back that was only about 30 minutes long.

I think there have been several versions of this movie. But this one that is going to be shown on TCM is about an hour and a half long.

carter08
05-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Why are the best TCM movies on at such early hours. These classics should be shown around noon or later.

But I will have to set my recorded for the King of Creepy, Vincent Price.

Phil C
05-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Below is a link that you can use to find out Vincent Price movies on tv. Just type in Vincent Price in the box. In fact it can be used to find out about any of your favorite stars.

http://www.tv-now.com/stars/index.html

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Great movie, watched it on HDNet movies one night.

Phil C
06-14-2007, 02:03 PM
It is getting close to showtime! Also that same night a little earlier at 1 P.M. on TCM they are showing another Vincent Price movie called The Conqueror Worm. I haven't ever seen this one so I am going to watch this one.

pooch
06-14-2007, 02:15 PM
i liked ol' VP in Mike Jackson's THRILLER....

Phil C
06-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by pooch
i liked ol' VP in Mike Jackson's THRILLER....

He was great and effective in it. The strange thing according to a documentary I saw on it is that VP didn't make a dime off of it. With all his millions it seems like MJ could have paid him some money for it because he was a big help on it. Shame on MJ.

VP was always afraid he would die in poverty when he got ld and MJ missed an opportunity to help someone that no doubt helped him make millions on it.