PDA

View Full Version : What graduation(s) are you attending?

kepdawg
05-24-2007, 09:57 PM
I'll be heading south tomorrow for my cousin's graduation from Anderson-Shiro.

LH Panther Mom
05-24-2007, 09:59 PM
I attended UT graduation last Saturday. If the weather clears up, I'll be at LH graduation tomorrow night. If it doesn't, I'll be home.

Old Tiger
05-24-2007, 10:02 PM
My sister promotes to high school in the morning then my cousins in the afternoon here in Rockdale

BuffyMars
05-24-2007, 10:05 PM
1st: My nephew is graduating pre-k. He barely passed. He has a hard time staying in the lines when coloring.

2nd: My 3rd cousin is graduating kindergarten. She stays in the lines but colors the whole picture the same color.

3rd: My best friend's niece is graduating 4th grade.

4th: My little brother is graduating junior high.

5th: My little sister is graduating high school.

*These are all fictional people.

My point is, aren't all these graduations a little rediculous nowadays?

What happened to the graduating from kindergarten and high school. Period.

smustangs
05-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
1st: My nephew is graduating pre-k. He barely passed. He has a hard time staying in the lines when coloring.

2nd: My 3rd cousin is graduating kindergarten. She stays in the lines but colors the whole picture the same color.

3rd: My best friend's niece is graduating 4th grade.

4th: My little brother is graduating junior high.

5th: My little sister is graduating high school.

*These are all fictional people.

My point is, aren't all these graduations a little rediculous nowadays?

What happened to the graduating from kindergarten and high school. Period.

amen but the first one aint funny i thought you were talkin about me haha

BuffyMars
05-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
amen but the first one aint funny i thought you were talkin about me haha

Haha! :crazy:

smustangs
05-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Haha! :crazy:

http://www.yalc.edu.hk/Gallery/pictures/coloring6.jpg

i dont find it that funny personally i nearly didnt recover from that tragedy

BuffyMars
05-24-2007, 10:16 PM
http://www.yalc.edu.hk/Gallery/pictures/coloring6.jpg

i dont find it that funny personally i nearly didnt recover from that tragedy

OMG!! ROFL!! Greatness, thank you!! :clap:

SintonFan
05-24-2007, 10:45 PM
If a relative didn't pass their TAKS I would not attend. I also would let them know why I wasn't planning on attending. Thank goodness that hasn't happened yet.:D
*knocks on wood*

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-24-2007, 11:22 PM
I got the pleasure of going to the HUGE town of Wall, Texas this evening to watch my pregnant cousin walk the stage in all her glory.

smustangs
05-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I got the pleasure of going to the HUGE town of Wall, Texas this evening to watch my pregnant cousin walk the stage in all her glory.

you sound thrilled about it

SintonFan
05-24-2007, 11:29 PM
you sound thrilled about it
He should. He's the daddy.;)
J/K ASU!!!:D :D :D

DDBooger
05-24-2007, 11:29 PM
I got the pleasure of going to the HUGE town of Wall, Texas this evening to watch my pregnant cousin walk the stage in all her glory. lmao:D

smustangs
05-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

well now poor kid haha

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-24-2007, 11:31 PM

haha

Well I love her and she's family but she hasn't taken the classiest path in life and no I didn't really want to go but Wall is right outside of San Angelo and my parents didn't know how to get out there.

SintonFan
05-24-2007, 11:37 PM
haha

Well I love her and she's family but she hasn't taken the classiest path in life and no I didn't really want to go but Wall is right outside of San Angelo and my parents didn't know how to get out there.
That's cool and I'm glad she finished her High School education. Sometimes adult kids need to be reminded that if they do the dirty deed at such an early age then they truly choose a "dirt road" in life. It sucks sometimes and I hope she does what's best for the child. *Meaning she keeps it term and makes a good decision for her and the baby* :)

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-24-2007, 11:51 PM
That's cool and I'm glad she finished her High School education. Sometimes adult kids need to be reminded that if they do the dirty deed at such an early age then they truly choose a "dirt road" in life. It sucks sometimes and I hope she does what's best for the child. *Meaning she keeps it term and makes a good decision for her and the baby* :)

Yeah that's basically what my parents have been saying. I've offered to let her move into my "office" in my apartment and let her pay a pretty nominal amount of rent. We'll see what happens.
She's due in August so I guess it will be good experience for me, if me and the future Mrs ever decide to have any. She works in a daycare for special needs children so I figure she'll know whats going on anyways.

SintonFan
05-24-2007, 11:56 PM
I know this is tough to ask but I'm gonna ask it anyway....
has anyone in your family asked her about the option to put the baby up for adoption if she can't afford to raise the child herself?

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-25-2007, 12:07 AM
I know this is tough to ask but I'm gonna ask it anyway....
has anyone in your family asked her about the option to put the baby up for adoption if she can't afford to raise the child herself?

Yeah they've talked about it. My sister said she would adopt it but that's rough being in the family and stuff. She wants to keep it and make whatever sacrifices she has to. She's been pretty mature about it. She has a pretty good support system around her.

3afan
05-25-2007, 06:38 AM
North Garland ...

Phantom Stang
05-25-2007, 10:12 AM
I had a mouth full of coffee when I read that!!:mad:

Phantom Stang
05-25-2007, 10:14 AM
She's been pretty mature about it. She has a pretty good support system around her.
Those are the key ingredients!!:clap: :clap:

44INAROW
05-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Looks like I'll be attending the Cuero graduation in the GYM - it's raining cats and dogs right now - probably just as well that it started raining now instead of at 5:00pm, so plans can be put into motion while the kids are "practicing" etc.

Emerson1
05-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
North Garland ...
HAHA!

Phantom Stang
05-25-2007, 10:31 AM
I won't be attending any!!

for the first time in several years I'm presently between graduations.;)

pirate4state
05-25-2007, 10:33 AM
None today! YAY!

Sinton has graduation next Friday and I guess I'll have to be there. *sigh*

carter08
05-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Columbia
unless it rains

luvhoops34
05-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Columbia
unless it rains

You're kidding, right??? It always rains in Dub C. At least it sure did while I was living there......:eek:

carter08
05-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
You're kidding, right??? It always rains in Dub C. At least it sure did while I was living there......:eek:

Every so often we have long droughts. But the rest of the time, yea, its raining

SWMustang
05-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Yeah that's basically what my parents have been saying. I've offered to let her move into my "office" in my apartment and let her pay a pretty nominal amount of rent. We'll see what happens.
She's due in August so I guess it will be good experience for me, if me and the future Mrs ever decide to have any. She works in a daycare for special needs children so I figure she'll know whats going on anyways.

Step by Step pre school in Tomball. My daughter was valedictorian. They didn't officially name a valedictorian but if they did, I know she would have won it.

Speaking of pregnant teens, I found out from my wife last night that my 16 year old niece is pregnant and hasn't told her parents yet. That's supposed to happen Sunday. It better or I'll go tell my brother in law myself on Monday. My BIL is a big hunter so he has plenty of guns around and he already HATES this young man. I'm going to have to hang around the house Sunday and wait for the call that my BIL is flipping out.

MHSvarsity2007
05-25-2007, 01:02 PM
mine is tonight :) and then sterling city's graduation tomorrow

pirate4state
05-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
mine is tonight :) and then sterling city's graduation tomorrow Congrats AMY!! :)

AP Panther Fan
05-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang Step by Step pre school in Tomball. My daughter was valedictorian. They didn't officially name a valedictorian but if they did, I know she would have won it.

LOL...funniest thing I have read today!:D

Congratulations (unofficially) to your daughter!

AP Panther Fan
05-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Congrats AMY!! :)

ditto....toss that cap high! :)

MHSvarsity2007
05-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Congrats AMY!! :)

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
ditto....toss that cap high! :)

thanks so much!!! :D

mav83
05-25-2007, 03:23 PM
My son Graduates from Whitehouse High School next Sat June 2nd at 10:00 AM ??!!!!!

Isn't that an odd time for a High School Graduation? Then their party starts at 9 PM. Good thing they don't have much time in between to get into any trouble :rolleyes:

smustangs
05-25-2007, 05:02 PM
mine is tonight :) and then sterling city's graduation tomorrow

their actually going to give you a diploma wow whats this world coming to

mustang59
05-25-2007, 05:10 PM
McKinney High's graduation is tonight but I'll be helping get things ready for their Project Graduation party which I'll work all night. I helped with graduation practice this morning and they were surprisingly quiet. I don't know if they're tired or what. It's raining here so I hope they all stay safe. We have 477 kids getting their diplomas.

MHSvarsity2007
05-25-2007, 05:10 PM
their actually going to give you a diploma wow whats this world coming to

hah i know right. it's a crazy world, eh? :rolleyes: :D

smustangs
05-25-2007, 05:34 PM
hah i know right. it's a crazy world, eh? :rolleyes: :D

haha they gave me one too a couple years ago so ya its pretty wild haha

MHSvarsity2007
05-25-2007, 05:45 PM
haha they gave me one too a couple years ago so ya its pretty wild haha

when are you graduating from tarleton?

smustangs
05-25-2007, 05:46 PM
when are you graduating from tarleton?

umm i have about a year and half left on my bs then 2 years for my masters so about 3 or 4 years left rnt you coming up here for some reason i thought that

MHSvarsity2007
05-25-2007, 06:16 PM
umm i have about a year and half left on my bs then 2 years for my masters so about 3 or 4 years left rnt you coming up here for some reason i thought that

yep...indeed i am!

smustangs
05-25-2007, 06:26 PM
yep...indeed i am!

what are you majoring in?

MHSvarsity2007
05-25-2007, 06:30 PM
what are you majoring in?

english/language arts and minoring in journalism

arent you going to be a coach??

smustangs
05-25-2007, 06:41 PM
english/language arts and minoring in journalism

arent you going to be a coach??

ya im majoring in exercise and sports studies and minoring in history

DU_stud04
05-25-2007, 06:51 PM
haha they gave me one too a couple years ago so ya its pretty wild haha what was even worse is when they gave me one....they must have all been :smoker:

i think they did it just to get rid of me :evil:

smustangs
05-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
what was even worth is when they gave me one....they must have all been :smoker:

ya and a lot of the other guys that graduated with you haha

BuffyMars
05-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Yeah they've talked about it. My sister said she would adopt it but that's rough being in the family and stuff. She wants to keep it and make whatever sacrifices she has to. She's been pretty mature about it. She has a pretty good support system around her.

Interesting.

My mom's step-sister got pregnant her senior year with me, and my mother (the woman who raised me) could not have kids, so she told her step-sister that she would love to adopt me.

And alas, she agreed. At times it is strange, especially at family reunions since we are the spitting image of one another. But it never bothered me one bit. In fact, I call my biological mother Aunt Donna because that is what she is.

It was a blessing in every way shape and form.

My Aunt Donna (bio mom & me):

http://a14.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/21/l_7f42efb7eb5d26c397fe8b665d0eb66d.jpg

Me:

http://a946.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01004/54/93/1004133945_l.jpg

smustangs
05-25-2007, 09:34 PM
[B]Interesting.

My mom's step-sister got pregnant her senior year with me, and my mother (the woman who raised me) could not have kids, so she told her step-sister that she would love to adopt me.

And alas, she agreed. At times it is strange, especially at family reunions since we are the spitting image of one another. But it never bothered me one bit. In fact, I call my biological mother Aunt Donna because that is what she is.

wow yall do exactly alike. thats a great story

LH Panther Mom
05-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
what was even worse is when they gave me one....they must have all been :smoker:

Oh, after some of the "stories", I'm not surprised. :D

SintonFan
05-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Interesting.

My Aunt Donna (bio mom & me):

http://a14.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/21/l_7f42efb7eb5d26c397fe8b665d0eb66d.jpg

Me:

http://a946.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01004/54/93/1004133945_l.jpg
Thanks for sharing. That's a cool story.:clap:
Thanks go out to ASUFrisbeeStud for putting up with some tough questions from me and never blinking.:)

kepdawg
05-26-2007, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I'll be heading south tomorrow for my cousin's graduation from Anderson-Shiro.

I got in about 2am. It was an interesting graduation. I'll try to remember to write about it when I wake up later!

3afan
05-26-2007, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
North Garland ...

none