PDA

View Full Version : Spaniard I need your help

CentralTxFan
10-19-2002, 10:53 PM
Spaniard...I need to ask you a question...Do you by any chance know, and I know this isn't football, how Burnet did at the regional band contest today? Thank you in advance if you know...and you are a sweetheart!

lildawg08
10-19-2002, 11:17 PM
i know that i am not Spaniard but i am pretty sure they got 3rd...i am from Burnet...but i am not in the band and neither are onlyof my friends so dont get mad if i am wrong but i think thats right

spaniard
10-19-2002, 11:46 PM
centex, the competition was moved to tuesday, same time i believe. giddings reported almost an inch and a half of rain. so it was moved to tuesday like in 1998 when the severe weather tore up central texas. so i hopefully will be able to get off work for that. lildawg, im sure that they will do better than 3rd when they go, the only competition they have in our region is giddings in band. but there will be no places awarded until area and that is when it really matters bc you have to make the top 3 to advance to state from area. hopefully the esprit de corps members will pull it together like i know they can. and hopefully they will do better than we did my senior year and get higher than 12th at state, and better than in 98 and get better than 9th. good luck any of you involved in this on this site.

CentralTxFan
10-20-2002, 12:05 AM
Thanks Spaniard. Moved to Tuesday huh? Wow..I remember your senior year...the rain was so bad for most of the bands who marched before Burnet that you couldn't see them on the field. Are the times the same Tuesday, do you know? If the Esprit de Corps performs as well Tuesday as they did Friday then they will most definitely see Area. Good luck to them and all the bands in Region 18. Area this year should be very interesting as well. We gained at least one new region and lost another. We will see a few different schools than your senior year. Some different competition for Burnet this go 'round.

spaniard
10-20-2002, 12:08 AM
CentralTxFan:
Thanks Spaniard. Moved to Tuesday huh? Wow..I remember your senior year...the rain was so bad for most of the bands who marched before Burnet that you couldn't see them on the field. Are the times the same Tuesday, do you know? If the Esprit de Corps performs as well Tuesday as they did Friday then they will most definitely see Area. Good luck to them and all the bands in Region 18. Area this year should be very interesting as well. We gained at least one new region and lost another. We will see a few different schools than your senior year. Some different competition for Burnet this go 'round.i tihnk the times are the same, pretty sure, my bro said that he will only miss athletics on tuesday. so i pretty sure its gonna be the same times. who all did we get in our region and who all did we lose this year? i just dont know if theyre gonna do better than my group when i graduated wink

29x281
10-20-2002, 08:41 AM
Oh, come on!

..."The only competition is Giddings"...

When is the Liberty Hill band going to get some respect?

Ozzy
10-20-2002, 09:21 AM
29 x 281-

you, i, and everyone else knows that LH has only marched against creampuffs. we'll see who wins the battle of the bands on Tuesday. I can't wait!

Pandora
10-20-2002, 10:10 AM
29x281:
Oh, come on!

..."The only competition is Giddings"...

When is the Liberty Hill band going to get some respect?Maybe they will get their respect if they beat the band from Bandera.

BIG19
10-21-2002, 12:48 PM
Just got word from BISD, they will be performing at 5:45 on Tuesday 22 Oct. They are good and are getting better. Lildawg08 was thinking about thier finish at BOA (Bands Of America) where they took 3rd of 3 3A bands. They had their eyes opened a bit and have really learned from the experience. Best of luck to them and continued success!!

CentralTxFan
10-21-2002, 02:16 PM
Thank you for the information. I know they are going to advance to area. The show has much improved over the past couple of weeks. They will not have any trouble. I hope the weather is good for them when they march tomorrow. Good luck Esprit de Corps! On to area then we will talk after that!!!!

spaniard
10-21-2002, 05:42 PM
and as for you smart alecs out there who are still going on about the respect issue, burnets band is gonna kill all the others this year, we have marched against a tough schedule of marching bands this year. wink hehe, yall behave now :D

CentralTxFan
10-21-2002, 06:29 PM
Spaniard...in our area we gained Region 7. That is the region that has Llano and a host of other talented schools. I saw some of our competition. Area is gonna be tough this year. I am trying to remember who we lost but maybe we just gained. Bellville is also in our area. I can't remember if this is new or not. Saturday should be fun either way.