PDA

View Full Version : 3ADownlow Golf Outing...POST YOUR INFORMATION HERE!!!

Adidas410s
05-24-2007, 12:28 PM
This is a new thread. Please read the updated info below and supply your information accordingly.

Please post your screen name, handicap, which format you would prefer, and region (DFW, Houston, WTX, South Texas (aka Region 4), or CenTex (Waco, Austin, Hill Country, etc). Also tell us which dates you can play (June 23, July 14, July 21, and/or July 28) or just write ALL DATES if you don't have any scheduling conflicts.

**note** If you're in East Texas (region 2 not Houston area) then we can put you in either the DFW or CenTex groups...depending how many people we have in each region. If we have enough East Texas players...you can even have your own group! ;)

FORMAT - We will decide on either a stroke play, team event (ala UIL format...5 people, take 4 best scores) or we can do team scrambles (4 person). We will then try to give a prize to the 1st place team (gross score) as well as the top 2 or 3 teams (net score) depending on how much money we have.

LOCATION - A course somewhere in the Waco, Austin, or San Antonio area. We'll try to find a good course that is affordable for all so that we can have enough money for prizes for the winners. If anybody has any suggestions or connections where we might be able to hold the tournament...feel free to speak up! Oh...and connections to get us on at Dallas National, Whispering Pines, Colonial, Spanish Oaks, Briggs Ranch, Royal Oaks (Houston), etc will result in me paying your entry fee into the tournament! :D:D:D

ENTRY FEE - Will be your green fee + $20 for prizes (est...may change). If the course will allow, we can set up a long drive and closest to the pin contests where you pay $5 extra to enter each contest. Sorry...no $1 million prize for a hole-in-one.

WHO CAN PLAY:Any known registered member of the downlow as of May 31, 2007. Sorry...no going out and getting your buddy with a +2 handicap to join the site so he can be on your team...unless he's in the DFW area! (j/k of course). Special exceptions can be made for immediate family members that are known about on the board. (i.e. 44INAROW's son that we hear about on a regular basis as a member of the Cuero golf team).

Other misc info - Once we determine a date and location, I will see if I can find a "host hotel" in that city that might be able to give us a discounted rate for those who want to drive in the night before. We could also go out to eat dinner somewhere on that Friday night if possible. Sorry G2...you'll have a 10:30PM curfew though! :(

***Make sure to check this thread periodically as I will add additional info as we get closer to the event. Please feel free to post or PM me with any questions you might have.***

SintonFan
05-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Is there gonna be a best ball option? I can't drive to save my life but I can putt among the best.:cool:

Adidas410s
05-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Is there gonna be a best ball option? I can't drive to save my life but I can putt among the best.:cool:

yes...that would be the 4 man scramble option. :)

Adidas410s
05-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Oh...here's my info...

Adidas410s
Handicap - 13 (index of 9.3...yes the system is just that weird)
Scramble format preferred
Team DFW :D:D:D
ALL DATES AVAILABLE

DaHop72
05-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Oh...here's my info...

Team DFW :D:D:D
ALL DATES AVAILABLE That's only where you reside, you are really West Texas. That's okay traitor, injured and I will carry on without you.:D :D :D

jason
05-24-2007, 04:46 PM
8 hdcp
stroke play
dfw
any time, just need notice

Adidas410s
05-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
That's only where you reside, you are really West Texas. That's okay traitor, injured and I will carry on without you.:D :D :D

Hey...if the WTX team needs me I can always step in to play. Are you gonna sign up???

DaHop72
05-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Hey...if the WTX team needs me I can always step in to play. Are you gonna sign up??? Depending on the date, I'm there.

jason
05-24-2007, 06:04 PM
the only way this is going to work is pick a date, and pick a golf course, and say 'this is where and when we are going' and if people come, they come, and if not, then they dont...people on here ALWAYS say they are going to come to something and then never show....

AggiesAreWe
05-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Like I said in the other thread, I am already committed to play in tournaments on the dates in July but can play June 23rd. The Austin area would be fine.

Handicap 6.2 index Silsbee Country Club
Any format is fine but rather it be individual stroke play.
Southeast Texas area.

SintonFan
05-24-2007, 11:14 PM
I won't vote but can be sure I have a chance to be where you folks wanna play as long if it's close to Central Texas. I'll just keep my "Father's day wild card" if this is a given. It also gives me a reason to hit the local links and ranges if this is gonna happen.:clap: :cool:

Ranger Mom
05-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by jason
the only way this is going to work is pick a date, and pick a golf course, and say 'this is where and when we are going' and if people come, they come, and if not, then they dont...people on here ALWAYS say they are going to come to something and then never show....

We learned that the hard way, huh???:p

jason
05-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We learned that the hard way, huh???:p ya...anybody who is more than probably 2 hours away from wherever we decide wont come, regardless of what they say now...

GOFOR2
05-25-2007, 11:00 AM
GOFOR2
8 handicap
no preference on format
Team South Texas
All dates available (currently)

bobcat1
05-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Bobcat1
25 handicap
D player. Grip and rip. Putt okay
4 man scramble with a Calcutta, 1 mulligan a side per man.
DFW

chaingang
05-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Chaingang

13 HC

Scrable or best ball ( i think it would be more fun)

DFW

All dates OK

pooch
05-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Pooch
18 handicap
scramble
DFW
July 14, July 21, and/or July 28

not here that much to post, but on here to read...

please dont' trick this thing up with mulligans and stuff like that...

I like the long drive and closest to the pin....

Emerson1
05-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Emerson1
Very high
Scramble
DFW
Whenever jason can since he will be my ride

BILLYFRED0000
05-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Bobcat1
25 handicap
D player. Grip and rip. Putt okay
4 man scramble with a Calcutta, 1 mulligan a side per man.
DFW

Now Bobcat you would not be sand baggin would you?

8 handicap
B player who used to be an a player. don't play much anymore.
I like stroke play to handicap 5 man teams best 4 scores. Good short game keeps my handicap down. Need to upgrade my clubs and practice.

Adidas410s
05-29-2007, 11:12 PM
hmm...with the heavy amount of DFW players...maybe we should just organize a stroke play event...or even a DFW golf outing or two this summer.

chaingang
05-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Well, my team is in SETX so I could go eaither way. I havent converted just yet.:D

44INAROW
05-30-2007, 10:31 AM
I can't play golf worth a flip - but I could send lil44 in my place...

Lil44 -
*I don't know how to do handicap but his average is a 78 or 79 on a Par 72 course
4 man scramble with a Calcutta would be fun (or best ball)
he's young, he can travel but central Texas or south Texas would be the best :D
date is the problem - he's in florida until Late July

buff4ever
05-31-2007, 01:11 PM
centex team
scramble
I can guarantee at least one other from gtown.
my handi 14 his 6
july is better.

bobcat1
06-01-2007, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Now Bobcat you would not be sand baggin would you?

8 handicap
B player who used to be an a player. don't play much anymore.
I like stroke play to handicap 5 man teams best 4 scores. Good short game keeps my handicap down. Need to upgrade my clubs and practice.
Who me? ;) I haven't played in forever. It won't quit raining when I'm off. I hit a ball the other day and it went okay though. Where, I have no clue.:p

Highschoolfan78
06-01-2007, 02:20 PM
I'd like to play

Handicap: slight limp

I'm down for a nice scrambled game... In all honesty i do not know my handicap these days. I'll be resourceful in a scramble. I can drive far and luck is usually on my side. The problem is driving is for show and putting is for the dough and I've never made much money. But this sounds like a fun time. I'd prefer sometime in July, due to summer school sessions right now.

GreenGobbla
06-04-2007, 03:35 PM
greengobbla

handicap: used to be like 3 or 4, but prolly like a 7 or 8 now....

scramble sounds fun

austin area if possible....

any day in july will be fine...

Adidas410s
06-05-2007, 09:05 AM
We're gathering information right now on a location in Georgetown. Currently, we have 12 people that are interested so we will probably do a 2-man scramble so as to increase the # of teams playing. It will be on a Saturday morning in July. Once we have a location set and check what dates they can let us play...then we'll vote on which Saturday is best and then set a final date. More information to follow...

DaHop72
06-13-2007, 03:00 PM
scramble
West Texas

Where's injured????