PDA

View Full Version : The Crazy NBA

BullFrog Dad
05-24-2007, 11:31 AM
The Mavs have one of the best regular seasons in history with 67 wins and are favored to win the NBA crown. They get knocked out easily in the first round by Golden St. Now everybody thinks that GS is a team to watch only to go down to Utah with barely a wimper. Now the Jazz are putting up no resistance to the Spurs who(This is one of the few things that the 3ADL members agree on.)would have been squashed by the Mavs if they would have met in conference finals. Crazy Stuff!

SintonFan
05-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
The Mavs have one of the best regular seasons in history with 67 wins and are favored to win the NBA crown. They get knocked out easily in the first round by Golden St. Now everybody thinks that GS is a team to watch only to go down to Utah with barely a wimper. Now the Jazz are putting up no resistance to the Spurs who(This is one of the few things that the 3ADL members agree on.)would have been squashed by the Mavs if they would have met in conference finals. Crazy Stuff!
Surely you jest. The Mavs squash the Spurs? They would have been favored but
only one team right now is playing at a Championship level. That my friend is the Spurs.:cool:

Phil C
05-24-2007, 11:55 AM
The Jazz are going to be playing their best game in Game 3 against the Spurs. Remember during the regular season that the Spurs lost both of the road games they played against the Jazz. And with the home court edge the Jazz are going to be dangerous. I am hoping the Spurs can at least win one of the next two games on the home court of the Jazz. Scary times indeed.

Phil C
05-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Also I was shocked that Detroit just barely beat Cleveland in Game 1 on their home court. In fact in the last few seconds Cleveland had a shot at winning it.

Darren
05-24-2007, 12:15 PM
The spurs would have beaten the Mavs had they played so I will have to disagree with your whole statement.

Spurs are the best team in the NBA I would also say the most consistent team in the last 10 years.

Mavs fans need to learn to admit when they are beaten.

big daddy russ
05-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
...Now the Jazz are putting up no resistance to the Spurs who(This is one of the few things that the 3ADL members agree on.)would have been squashed by the Mavs if they would have met in conference finals. Crazy Stuff!
Look, I'm not saying that Dallas would lose to or beat the Spurs, I'm just saying that that I doubt everyone on the 3ADL would agree with that. The Mavs went 3-1 against the Spurs this season, but the only Spurs win was back when they were playing their worst ball of the season.

I said before the series that (as a Spurs fan) the only two teams that matched up with us well were the Mavs and Pistons. Now the Suns surprised the hell out of me and made it a series, but I never really doubted we'd lose that series.

The Mavs, on the other hand, are a different story. It took you guys seven games and an OT to beat us last year. That was the first time the Mavs had ever happened in the playoffs. I'd like to see if they could do it again or if we'd come out on top.

This is one of those series that I wanted to happen. No excuses this time. If you guys beat us this year, then you could finally say that you owned us. If not, the questions would probably be redirected towards you guys.

There was no question that these were the top two teams in the NBA at the end of the season, with Phoenix playing a notch below Dallas and SA, so it would've been a hell of a series.

But I guess we can't get everything we ask for. Oh well. I'll take another NBA title, I just wish it would've gone through Dallas.