PDA

View Full Version : Help Me PLEASE (HAVE HARD CHOICE)

EagleFan1997
05-24-2007, 11:10 AM
I need your help. I will be going to Arlington during my Vacation in June to see the Rangers play the Brewers. Then I will also make a small trip to Waco to go through the Texas Sports Hall of Fame & see my Great Uncle Harold "Chesty" Walker. But that is not my problem. My problem is during my vacation I will need to make another trip down to Arlington to talk to a possible employer. I don't want to leave Canyon because I have lived here all my life but I also need to leave due to the reason of $$$$$. So if you were me what would do? Stay in Canyon & Struggle to make it or Leave & go to Arlington only if I get the job down there. I mean I want to try another location but I also grew up here & love it.

pirate4state
05-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Do whatever makes you happy. :thumbsup: Sometimes it is nice to try something new (move to Arlington) who knows you may love it just as much as living/working in Canyon or you could hate it, but you'll always have the option to move back home. You may not have this opportunity to try something new again. Just my 2 cents.

AND ....

if it were ME - I'd move in a heartbeat!! :)

KngKongInDTrunk
05-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Arlington is a different world. I lived their for 6 months while playing ball at UTA. I am sure the atmosphere is going to be a lot different than canyon. Is $ the only reason?

EagleFan1997
05-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by KngKongInDTrunk
Arlington is a different world. I lived their for 6 months while playing ball at UTA. I am sure the atmosphere is going to be a lot different than canyon. Is $ the only reason?

I might have me a better paying job in Arlington. Here in Amarillo & Canyon there is NOTHING. Yes $ is one main reason. But I am paying $5.50 for rent for a One Bedroom so it could'nt get worst.

pirate4state
05-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by EagleFan1997
I might have me a better paying job in Arlington. Here in Amarillo & Canyon there is NOTHING. Yes $ is one main reason. But I am paying $5.50 for rent for a One Bedroom so it could'nt get worst. :eek: :eek: five dollars and 50 cents? that's a bargain ;)

The extra money you earn in Arlington will probably be spent on a $700 a month 1 bedroom apartment.

DU_stud04
05-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek: five dollars and 50 cents? that's a bargain ;)

The extra money you earn in Arlington will probably be spent on a $700 a month 1 bedroom apartment. you can get alot cheaper than that....maybe 700 a month if you live off of green oaks.....but ive found some good places for about 500+ electric. that reminds me, ive gotta go up there in a month or so and sign a lease somewhere..... or the juggernaut is homeless

KngKongInDTrunk
05-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by EagleFan1997
I might have me a better paying job in Arlington. Here in Amarillo & Canyon there is NOTHING. Yes $ is one main reason. But I am paying $5.50 for rent for a One Bedroom so it could'nt get worst.

Yeah it sounds like you have your mind already made up. I do miss all the fun I had sometimes. Enjoy the rangers and soon to be Arlington Cowboys, and the 2011 Superbowl !

AP Panther Fan
05-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
AND ....

if it were ME - I'd move in a heartbeat!! :)

Stop it!:p

EagleFan, I would be tempted to stay put and just look for a better paying job if you aren't looking to leave the area...if that is a possibility.

The unknown isn't a bad thing, but if you are truly happy in Canyon, maybe there are some things that you could do to make your circumstances better?

Snyder_TigerFan
05-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Stop it!:p

EagleFan, I would be tempted to stay put and just look for a better paying job if you aren't looking to leave the area...if that is a possibility.

The unknown isn't a bad thing, but if you are truly happy in Canyon, maybe there are some things that you could do to make your circumstances better?

I agree with that. If it's money that is motivating the move, be patient and keep looking. If you want something new, go for it, you could always move back, although moving can be expensive.

BuffyMars
05-24-2007, 09:33 PM
See, I am different. I lived in Marshall for 20 years, and jumped on the 1st chance to move out of there.

I prefer to not see the same old faces I have looked at for that long.

The ONLY thing that pulls me back to that town is family.

Having said that, I would take the chance to move to Arlington. And if it doesn't work out for you there, then you can always go back.

Good luck in your decision making.