PDA

View Full Version : ut players transferring...??

Funk-d-fied
05-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Offensive tackles Webb, Watts leaving Longhorns
Associated Press

Updated: May 23, 2007, 8:01 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
AUSTIN -- Two Texas freshmen offensive tackles, J'Marcus Webb and Roy Watts, are transferring, coach Mack Brown announced Wednesday.

Webb played in 12 games on the line and on special teams last season. Watts redshirted and did not play. In statements released by the team, both players said they wanted to find more playing time with another school.

"If I want to have an opportunity to play more my best chance is to transfer. Everyone has been very supportive at Texas and I'll always be pulling for them," Webb said.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

BTEXDAD
05-24-2007, 08:43 AM
UT may be supportive as Webb said, but I'd doubt Mack would let them just transfer to another big 12 (or other D-1) school without going thru process of sitting out and losing one yrs eligibility.
Something like TX STate, Sam Houston or other D-1AA are possibility if they want to play first yr.

injuredinmelee
05-24-2007, 09:05 AM
good frees up some scholarships.

JasperDog94
05-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
good frees up some scholarships. That's what I was thinking.;)

Phil C
05-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
good frees up some scholarships.

That happens when you have several good players. I am sure they dreamed of playing at UT and they gave it a shot. Now they can move on some place where they can get more playing time and I wish them the best in their future as long as it doesn't adversely affect UT. The one thing they will always know is that they gave it a try to play at UT.

This does free up scholarships and is one of the elements of attrition which includes not making grades, not liking college life, etc.

c-town_balla
05-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Webb was good.........I had heard we was really growing into his body

he was on the Super Team a few years back to so he had the ability

c-town_balla
05-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Just read that they are leaving due to academic problems

burnet44
05-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Texas College with Romance taylor?

Phil C
05-24-2007, 11:06 AM