PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 70 Cameron 7

marlin fan
11-08-2003, 12:23 AM
GOOD JOB DAWGS... GO DAWGS BEAT LAVEGA

Bandera YaYa
11-08-2003, 12:25 AM
Did the Marlins really run the score up to 70??? eek!

marlin fan
11-08-2003, 12:29 AM
Bandera YaYa:
Did the Marlins really run the score up to 70??? eek! yep

eaglefan
11-08-2003, 12:31 AM
Congrats Marlin, you guys definitely deserve the district championship. Good luck in your first round matchup.....if things go well then it could be a very interesting matchup in the second round with the possibility of Fairfield/Marlin.....but first thing is first.

Pedestrian
11-08-2003, 12:31 AM
man that is alot of points.

Bandera YaYa
11-08-2003, 12:33 AM
marlin fan:

Bandera YaYa:
Did the Marlins really run the score up to 70??? eek! yep...uh, that's not something I'd be proud of....shame on your coaches for allowing that! :o
What the heck were they thinking???? :confused:
Congrats on your win, but that's just tacky!

bbfan
11-08-2003, 12:34 AM
I agree Ya Ya - some teams just have no class.

fhseagle
11-08-2003, 12:37 AM
i will officially start it. if they happen to play fairfield in the 2nd round of the playoffs, the can be damn well sure that they wont be scoring 70 pts. that was uncalled for and just tacky on the coach's part. i agree that he should be ashamed at himself. what was the score at halftime?

CHS_Drummer04
11-08-2003, 12:38 AM
Way to go Marlin. I knew ya'll would win, but dang! Good luck in playoffs!

3afan2K3
11-08-2003, 12:40 AM
bbfan:
I agree Ya Ya - some teams just have no class.How do you know the 2nd and 3rd string didnt score???? What is the coach supposed to do punt the ball on 1st down???

eaglefan
11-08-2003, 12:41 AM
I wouldn't be so quick to jump all over Marlin for the score. It was 42-0 at halftime, but what do you want them to do? Stop playing totally? Take a knee everytime? I would love to know when the second stringers went in and how much they scored. Bottom line, congrats to the Marlin Bulldogs for a convincing win.

bbfan
11-08-2003, 12:44 AM
Good point 3afan2k3 didn't think about it like that. Besides it is the last game before the playoffs start and I suppose you wouldn't want to sit your starters down in the 1st quarter either. Its one those situations where you are darned if you do and darned if you don't.

Bongo
11-08-2003, 12:45 AM
Ouch! Ya Ya said it right...just tacky. Did you guys also bring back "the dance" for this one?

Bandera YaYa
11-08-2003, 12:47 AM
...they should have put in their water boys, then!! :D But seriously, I think something could have been done.......so, does anyone know when the 1st string was taken out?...I mean why risk injury to your starters, when the game was SO over?

<small>[ November 07, 2003, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

JasperDog94
11-08-2003, 12:49 AM
Bandera YaYa:
...they should have put in their water boys!! :D Yeah, but Bobby would've really killed them!
:D :D :D

fhseagle
11-08-2003, 12:50 AM
you would think that since it was the last game of the season, then the 1st string would have been sitting down at about 35-0. you dont want to get anyone injured.

Bandera YaYa
11-08-2003, 12:51 AM
JasperDog94:

Bandera YaYa:
...they should have put in their water boys!! :D Yeah, but Bobby would've really killed them!
:D :D :D ..hahahahaha...Good one!! :D

marlin fan
11-08-2003, 01:01 AM
Bongo:
Ouch! Ya Ya said it right...just tacky. Did you guys also bring back "the dance" for this one?Nope

Bandera YaYa
11-08-2003, 01:05 AM
What's the dance??

MARLINFAN
11-08-2003, 03:22 AM
our second string rb scored, qb .third string qb. all in the 4th otr. coach malone had called off the dogs early in the third. when cameron scored on a lucky play where the marlin defender sliped on a wet field and the cameron reciver scored it made the players mad and they not the coaches ran up the score. you just cant help if 3rd and second string is doing it. may i ad tank smith on the first poseesion had 4 carries 88 yaards and a td. i think he finshed the night with like 20 carries and 200 yards 4 td i believe

lepfan
11-08-2003, 03:46 AM
Bandera YaYa:

marlin fan:

Bandera YaYa:
Did the Marlins really run the score up to 70??? eek! yep...uh, that's not something I'd be proud of....shame on your coaches for allowing that! :o
Congrats on your win, but that's just tacky!and we expected anything else???

cant stop me
11-08-2003, 06:28 PM
haterz.. what do u want them to do???

3afan2K3
11-08-2003, 06:31 PM
Bandera YaYa:

marlin fan:

Bandera YaYa:
Congrats on your win, but that's just tacky!also, its the week before play-offs get your starters some more playing time especially if they had been coming out early against bad teams

Pudlugger
11-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Look, anybody that knows this team can not be surprised by this score. They tried to score a field goal in the La Grange game with 4 seconds left in the game leading 34-6. With Marlin its all about elevating themselves by humiliating the other team. It is this lack of discipline that was their downfall in 2000 against La Grange and again last year against Bellville. To beat Marlin you must stay close and wait for them to lose their concentration. Then they make mistakes and get beaten. Not an easy task as they are so talented but if a team can stay close they can be beaten. If you let them get up early on you they just get better and its all over.

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Cameronbystander
11-08-2003, 07:16 PM
The game was terrible in several respects. First, and being an ex-official this is hard for me to say, the officiating was terrible. Not so much bad calls as a crew that did not have a clue how to run a game. There were several long, 5 minutes or more, breaks while the officials huddled. The back judge was absolutely the worst. The game wasn't over until 10:50.

Second, three kids were ejected and there were a number of unsportsman like penalties. Marlin defensive backs kept coming to the Cameron sideline to taunt the Yeomen.

Third,Cameron could not tackle their mother. If Marlin had wanted to pile it on, Tank could have had 500 yards. He had 150+ in the first quarter.

Lastly, the one touchdown that Cameron scored was not on a defensive slip. The defensive back and receiver were side by side and the Yoe receiver outjumped the defense and caught the ball. He ran it in from the 40 for a 68 yard touchdown.

I personally hope Marlin gets blasted in the playoffs.

GoForIt
11-09-2003, 09:00 AM
A Cameron person who also is or was an official? Surely you jest! So how does it feel to be on the receiving end of a whoopin' for a change? It sure never slowed down the Yoemen or their coach some years ago when they beat Caldwell, 69-0, and went for two Hail-Mary touchdown passes with less than two minutes left. What goes around....

Bongo
11-09-2003, 11:12 AM
Ya Ya, the dance was something they did before the game to pump themselves up, but it also was somewhat of a taunt to the other team, like from Remember the Titans.

Pudlugger
11-09-2003, 11:19 AM
Bongo:
Ya Ya, the dance was something they did before the game to pump themselves up, but it also was somewhat of a taunt to the other team, like from Remember the Titans.If the officials had a hair on their A#$es they would have thrown a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct in the La Grange game. They came all the way over near the Lep hash mark to do it before the game. The refs just stood there. It was a tribute to the discipline of the Leps that there wasn't a fight. Some teams (like Daingerfield maybe?) would have cleared their benches. There is a reason this stuff isn't allowed. The Ref's blew it that night big time. :mad:

MARLINFAN
11-09-2003, 07:41 PM
well pud you know what saturday were going out to the 50 and dance right on the wisd . if u live past sealy which i hope u dont and you bet the 2nd round team will do our part and make sure were there to stop at the 50 and dance on yall again this year. okay tell me this why is it oay for teams like ennis ,gilmer,gainesville or really anybody to blow out a team but when marlin does it where at fault. we get responses like you have bad coaches, unsportsman like players, the community is bad and all of this . why is it . is it the remarks about marlin being a low life slum town as someone on this board said . is that what gives u the right to put down a team just because we scored 70 points on ateam. if a team lets someone put 70 points on them they suck. yea i said it they suck and marlin let ennis put 61 on them so if you want to say we suck then we do. but put your team aganist then and lets just see how good you do. yea marlin hasn"t won a state title but guess what atleast we can say we have did some memorable stuff in our years trying

espn1
11-09-2003, 08:00 PM
GOOD JOB MARLIN!

cunbed10
11-10-2003, 08:48 AM
fhseagle:
i will officially start it. if they happen to play fairfield in the 2nd round of the playoffs, the can be damn well sure that they wont be scoring 70 pts. that was uncalled for and just tacky on the coach's part. i agree that he should be ashamed at himself. what was the score at halftime?Yon won't beat Newton so shut up and let the Big Dogs run, Newton will be the real Eagles, and if by some strange reason you are not playing basketball next week Marlin will try and score 90 on your sorry @*& team You don't want to see us now Fairfield Has no chance against Newton and I hope you put this up for motivation we have one goal, and Fairfield isn't one of them so good luck in Hoops I hear you won't be much in basketball niether. c ya and wouldn't want to b ya!

cunbed10
11-10-2003, 09:03 AM
It's Playoff time and teams are worried about Marlin, funny when Ennis whipped us you heard all kinds of sh@& now ain't that the pot calling the kettle black, any way the play-off are hear my nephew is home so I could ask for anything better, but I am surprised at some of these posts, just remember this Marlin is My town and if you don't like us then leave us the hell alone, we are not playing to make friends, as a matter of fact we are trying to do the same thing s that teams will try and do to us, so don't hate, Congratulate Everyone is a judge of Character, but we are dealing with a sport that requires alot of emotions, doesn't matter how you get pumped up, dam it this is football not a polite class

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
11-10-2003, 10:13 AM
70-7, WOW,
THAT'S A BIG, MARGIN OF VICTORY.
But c'mon I'm sure something could have been done, or maybe not because I didn't see the game and I don't have no info/stats on the game. But anyways it goes down as a win for ya Marlin and a loss to Cameron.
BTW what's Marlin record now?
And who do ya play on Friday?
Well good luck to Marlin.
And for the Giddings Buffaloes good luck against Bellville.
GO BUFFS GO.

fmsc64
11-10-2003, 03:06 PM
MARLIN - 70 :p / CAMERON - 7 :confused:

"Sugar and Cream What's Wrong With This Team?
Nothing at All, They Just Can't Play Football!!"
:D

Bandera YaYa
11-10-2003, 04:04 PM
fmsc64:
MARLIN - 70 :p / CAMERON - 7 :confused:

"Sugar and Cream What's Wrong With This Team?
Nothing at All, They Just Can't Play Football!!"
:D ....real cute. :rolleyes:

FranksBullDog
11-10-2003, 08:56 PM
TO PUDLUGGER IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL YOU KNOW THE GAME IS ABOUT EMOTIONS AND YES INTIMIDATION CAN ALSO BE FOUND ANY FRI-SAT- OR SUN. ON ANY FIELD AND IT MUST HAVE WORKED BECAUSE YOUR TEAM GOT AN OLD FASHION BUTT KICKING AND IT SOUNDS LIKE YOURE STILL INTIMIDATED A YEAR LATER.BUT THERE WAS SOME PAYBACK FOR 2000 BUT IT WAS NOT THE TEAMS FAULT THEY LOST THAT GAME BUT VERY POOR PLAY CALLING ON FOURTH DOWNS BY THE COACH.WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT A GAME THAT YOU OBVIOUSLY DID NOTSEE IT SHOWS YOU HAVE AN AXE TO GRIND WITH MARLIN FOR BEATING YOUR TEAM BAD LAST YEAR.GET OVER IT LIKE MARLIN MUST GET OVER THE OT LOSS TO BELLVILLE LAST YEAR.