05-22-2007, 11:51 PM
and Granbury SQT Preview (Free) along with free Midlothian Spring Game Report

http://www.texasprepinsider.com

Old Tiger
05-23-2007, 02:36 AM
He was a great coach:rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-23-2007, 01:41 PM
3-7 with all of the talent in the world. I can see how people are drawn to him, he is a very personable and charismatic individual when you meet him, but when it comes down to it, I can't say that I will ever shake off that 3-7 for the rest of my life.

Johnny Utah
05-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Just a question, but was it all coaching? Not bashing anyone, just curious.

Old Tiger
05-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Just a question, but was it all coaching? Not bashing anyone, just curious. Look how many players we had on the all district team. A defensive MVP. It it pretty hard to win a game when their play calling goes to crap. Have a super game plan set up but when it comes game time it seemed like they went brain dead and just kept running the same plays. I remember one game we ran the same play 5 times in a row.

Johnny Utah
05-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Nice.

keep_it_real
06-11-2007, 12:03 PM
with all the talent you talk about your players should be able to execute the plays. I went to Bellville. They were not powerful enough to beat Rockdale .....or shouldn'tve been even if the play calling was "questionable." As far as questionable playcalling, there were also questionable turnovers I think we forgot to mention. Coach Clark also took that team to the playoffs his first year..... This isn't going to turn ugly I probably won't post again, I never do. But it's funny when players use the "amount of talent we had" phrase. I think the problem can lie somewhere in the middle more towards the players, Clark was proven back in Burnet.

keep_it_real
06-11-2007, 12:05 PM
and this comes from a guy who went 3-7 under Creghan after he lost with "as much talent as we had." Some days your chicken salad, and some chicken sh#t....

BILLYFRED0000
06-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Coach calls the plays. But he does not execute. If the guy wins one place and loses another the difference is usually either the talent or the heart but both lie with the players.

smustangs
06-11-2007, 12:09 PM
this should get interesting

Phantom Stang
06-11-2007, 12:24 PM
I won't comment on this without doing some research. So, what's this coach's name?

Phantom Stang
06-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
and Granbury SQT Preview (Free) along with free Midlothian Spring Game Report

http://www.texasprepinsider.com
I followed that link, and didn't see anything about Midlothian, or an interview with a coach.:confused:

Milk That Cow
06-11-2007, 05:55 PM
How would you rank these coaches?

Creaghan
Miller
Clark

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Coach calls the plays. But he does not execute. If the guy wins one place and loses another the difference is usually either the talent or the heart but both lie with the players. There are a lot of intangibles that go into the game, and in large part those play the biggest role, but in my opinion and my experience, teamwork plays the biggest of it all. By that I mean combining both talent and heart together and doing it as a group of one instead of a group of individuals. It was no question that we were a talented team, with several players receiving All-District and All-Region honors, along with two players receiving All-State honors, but we couldn't bring it all together do to the separatist coach we had. It's amazing what a group of people can do together if no one cares who receives the credit, but that just wasn't the case in Rockdale, Texas under the Clark era, and I blame one man for that, and regardless of whether or not any of you can accept it, my feelings remain the same because I was there, I saw, and I experienced it for two years, and it is something that I will never forgive or forget.