PDA

View Full Version : The Lottery

eagles_victory
05-22-2007, 09:32 PM
how did Portland get the number 1 pick and Seattle number 2 that is pretty screwy for Memphis and Boston

SintonFan_inAustin
05-22-2007, 09:40 PM
:doh: thought it was the real lottery :doh:

football4life
05-22-2007, 11:47 PM
NBA draft order selection is a joke, i admit it makes it more interesting, but its ridiculous for the two worst teams to end up 4 and 5

District303aPastPlayer
05-23-2007, 08:45 AM
i thought the fix was on to get the "Next Bill Russell" to boston...

Adidas410s
05-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

exactly...I was wondering how high up the Knicks were going to go also before realizing that Chicago owned their pick haha. I can't wait to read Bill Simmons column about Boston getting screwed. Did anybody see the Boston fan they showed that had tears in his eyes?

Phil C
05-23-2007, 09:03 AM
NBA sure has a strange unfair draft.

crzyjournalist03
05-23-2007, 10:47 AM
I like it...it gives teams no incentive to lose...if you're bad, you might as well keep playing hard because you're not guaranteed of anything...otherwise teams could tank once they were down and purposely lose games to ensure a better draft pick.

TMer25
05-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

I figured that was going to happen the year the Celtics had the worst record yet the Spurs won the lottery and got Duncan

injuredinmelee
05-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

how is it unfair? It is actually slanted to favor the worst teams without encouraging teams to completely tank at the end of the season.

Adidas410s
05-23-2007, 10:54 AM
One thing I don't like about this lotto system is that, in hindsight, it's going to further keep the Western Conference strong and the Eastern Conference a joke.

Portland will now have a young nucleus of:
Brandon Roy
LaMarcus Aldridge
Greg Oden

Seattle will have Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis (maybe), and now Kevin Durant. Having 3 guys that can take it to the rim as well as shoot from 25 feet now makes them a very scary team as well.

The East??? Yeah they'll still have a lot of crappy teams picking up some good pieces...but not a major difference maker. The two East teams that have a chance to do really well at the top of this draft are Atlanta (#3 and #11) and Chicago (#9) who is already a top 3 team in the Eastern Conference. Heck Detroit has two picks at 15 and 27...not like they need it all that bad either.

Emerson1
05-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
You should love it Phil, if it was like the NFL then the Spurs would still mediocre since Boston would have gotten Tim Duncan

crzyjournalist03
05-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
One thing I don't like about this lotto system is that, in hindsight, it's going to further keep the Western Conference strong and the Eastern Conference a joke.

Portland will now have a young nucleus of:
Brandon Roy
LaMarcus Aldridge
Greg Oden

Seattle will have Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis (maybe), and now Kevin Durant. Having 3 guys that can take it to the rim as well as shoot from 25 feet now makes them a very scary team as well.

The East??? Yeah they'll still have a lot of crappy teams picking up some good pieces...but not a major difference maker. The two East teams that have a chance to do really well at the top of this draft are Atlanta (#3 and #11) and Chicago (#9) who is already a top 3 team in the Eastern Conference. Heck Detroit has two picks at 15 and 27...not like they need it all that bad either.

that's almost exactly what I said in that thread last night about the lottery...You'd think superstar free agents would want to start heading East soon so they can improve teams dramatically and have a better shot at reaching the finals.