PDA

View Full Version : Where does your school hold graduation?

kepdawg
05-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Jasper holds graduation at the Lions Club Rodeo Arena in town.

smustangs
05-22-2007, 07:01 PM
sweetwater graduates in the football stadium

bhtrainer
05-22-2007, 07:02 PM
football stadium

wildstangs
05-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
sweetwater graduates in the football stadium

We got hosed my senior year...freaking Nolan County Coliseum.

smustangs
05-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs

we nearly graduated in the auditorium cuz of rain but we got to graudate int he bowl it sprinkled a lil bit but it was all good we through a fit when they wanted us to graduate in the auditorium too. they were goin to limit tickets then let everyone else watch in the cafeteria

EagleFan1997
05-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Canyon hold it in the West Texas A&M United Bank Center
& Canyon Randall has it at Amarillo Civc Center

luvhoops34
05-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Poth HS

@ the football stadium with all the parents sitting in the stands facing the West and the setting sun.:(

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-22-2007, 08:05 PM

Haha I remember that, walking out on the dirt floor. We were the first class to graduate in the bowl in 02 since I think 96 when my sister graduated. They had a tornado sighting outside of town and a storm blew through and they basically threw out the diplomas.

Fal44
05-22-2007, 08:19 PM
football stadium...

Snydertigersrul
05-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Snyder has graduation in Scurry County Coliseum

piratebg
05-22-2007, 08:38 PM
The stadium.

tigerpride_08
05-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by bhtrainer
football stadium

same...

burnet44
05-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Ferrell Center
Baylor

Burnet in the auditorium
maybe the football field now

Hupernikomen
05-22-2007, 08:47 PM

Must have rained in 89 when I graduate then because we had it in the gym :(

kepdawg
05-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Must have rained in 89 when I graduate then because we had it in the gym :(

No, you're just old! I'm pretty sure they didn't use the rodeo arena until it got the covered area.

GetRDoneStangs
05-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Looking at the forecast......it is about 50/50...it may be in The Bowl..or it MAY be in the Nolan County Coliseum....:( :( :( ..
It is a great place for stock shows and rodeos...I just pray we have SUN shining on Friday!!!

It is still Big Enough for each Grad to get around 9 tickets, if it is moved ....I wish for an OUTDOOR GRADUATION !!!!!

wildstangs
05-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Looking at the forecast......it is about 50/50...it may be in The Bowl..or it MAY be in the Nolan County Coliseum....:( :( :( ..
It is a great place for stock shows and rodeos...I just pray we have SUN shining on Friday!!!

It is still Big Enough for each Grad to get around 9 tickets, if it is moved ....I wish for an OUTDOOR GRADUATION !!!!!

Grads get a limited number of tickets if its in the Coliseum? We didnt have an allotment when I graduated.

44INAROW
05-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Graduation ceremonies have been in Gobbler Stadium for years - 1 think 1 time it rained enough to move it to the gym and each graduate could ask 3 folks - it was HOT. HUMID and lots of pi$$Ed off family members - - sure hope we have good weather this year...... :p

GetRDoneStangs
05-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Grads get a limited number of tickets if its in the Coliseum? We didnt have an allotment when I graduated.

Not sure??? I will check with Meg..she said something about 9 tickets???....That could be me.. going Back to '81 at Calhoun High!!!!

crzyjournalist03
05-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Forney moved graduation this year to an event center in Garland....it was ridiculous...$5 parking, even for graduates!!! Also, we had the place rented until 8, and the graduation ended atabout 7:10, and the event staff forced everybody to leave the building immediately!

When I graduated, it was at a church in Rockwall, but apparently the school is too big for that church now. Luckily, now that my littlest sister is done, I won't have to attend another one at that place that it was at Sunday!

crzyjournalist03
05-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Also, I forgot to mention that at the entrance they were checking everybody's bags, not allowing food or drink into the building--they were selling $3.00 bottles of water and $2.00 snickers bars (not king size), and wouldn't let you bring in a camera if it had video capability, and they sent one of the girls in front of me in the line back to her car because they said she couldn't bring in a gift bag for her friend who was graduating.

Hupernikomen
05-22-2007, 09:31 PM
No, you're just old! I'm pretty sure they didn't use the rodeo arena until it got the covered area.

It was covered when I was there too...just not by a roof :D

wildstangs
05-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Not sure??? I will check with Meg..she said something about 9 tickets???....That could be me.. going Back to '81 at Calhoun High!!!!

Usually they get about 9 tickets if its in the Auditorium. That used to be the backup to Mustang Bowl. When we had it in the auditorium we didnt have any tickets.

gobbler grad
05-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Graduation ceremonies have been in Gobbler Stadium for years - 1 think 1 time it rained enough to move it to the gym and each graduate could ask 3 folks - it was HOT. HUMID and lots of pi$$Ed off family members - - sure hope we have good weather this year...... :p

yep, who would we pick...so many would be left out...pray for good weather...:)

Ray_BearKat
05-22-2007, 10:54 PM
we have ours at the stadium unless it rains, then we move it to the auditorium...

GetRDoneStangs
05-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Usually they get about 9 tickets if its in the Auditorium. That used to be the backup to Mustang Bowl. When we had it in the auditorium we didnt have any tickets.

I talked to the high school a while ago and the backup plan is the Nolan County Coliseum.....which is probly better than the auditorium as for as seating capacity.

Chance of rain from tonight untill Monday...We better not wish off the rain, we know this "run" we have been on will not last all summer!

Emerson1
05-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Also, I forgot to mention that at the entrance they were checking everybody's bags, not allowing food or drink into the building--they were selling $3.00 bottles of water and $2.00 snickers bars (not king size), and wouldn't let you bring in a camera if it had video capability, and they sent one of the girls in front of me in the line back to her car because they said she couldn't bring in a gift bag for her friend who was graduating.

And they were gonna charge them $1500 to come and hold practice

Maroon87
05-23-2007, 11:45 AM
American Bank Center.

AP Panther Fan
05-23-2007, 01:09 PM
American Bank Center

Last year when my son graduated we had rain up until graduation day and the football field was too wet to set up, so they were going to limit us to 3 guests and do it in the gym. I raised so much hell (calling every school board member) that we got it changed to the American Bank Center. I then lobbied to have them schedule it for the graduation this year as well.

No rain, no wind, no mosquitos, no sweating, no relatives with hurt feelings

AND

everyone's invitations were printed correctly.

There is enough stress during this time without all of the above....PLUS...the American Bank Center has beautiful views facing the bay...a setting that every graduate deserves after 12 years of hard work.

crzyjournalist03
05-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
And they were gonna charge them $1500 to come and hold practice

that's crazy! have you heard where it will be for you next year?

Maroon87
05-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
American Bank Center

Last year when my son graduated we had rain up until graduation day and the football field was too wet to set up, so they were going to limit us to 3 guests and do it in the gym. I raised so much hell (calling every school board member) that we got it changed to the American Bank Center. I then lobbied to have them schedule it for the graduation this year as well.

No rain, no wind, no mosquitos, no sweating, no relatives with hurt feelings

AND

everyone's invitations were printed correctly.

There is enough stress during this time without all of the above....PLUS...the American Bank Center has beautiful views facing the bay...a setting that every graduate deserves after 12 years of hard work.

My graduation was there when it was just the plain old Bayfront Plaza Convention Center.;)

Old Tiger
05-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Football field if weather permits
and if not
KC Hall

AP Panther Fan
05-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
My graduation was there when it was just the plain old Bayfront Plaza Convention Center.;)

lol...I hear ya, Bayfront Plaza worked for me! Do they still call a portion of it the Selena Auditorium? I kind of got lost with all of the name changes and improvements.:nerd:

Maroon87
05-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
lol...I hear ya, Bayfront Plaza worked for me! Do they still call a portion of it the Selena Auditorium? I kind of got lost with all of the name changes and improvements.:nerd:

Yeah...my graduation was in the auditorium, before it was "Selena."

pirate4state
05-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Poth HS

@ the football stadium with all the parents sitting in the stands facing the West and the setting sun.:(

LOL. Sinton changed formats a few years ago (don't even ask) they still have it at the football field. All the kids sit facing EAST so, they are just looking at the teachers/administrators and none of the parents, friends, community can get a decent look at them. STUPID! I also think one year (they might still do this) they split the parents up had half sit on the visitor side & the other half on the home side. I also think one year they wanted to put the parents on the field with the students. :confused:

When I graduated we faced the home side of the field (North) and everyone was able to see the students. I have NO IDEA why they changed it, but I think it is ridiculous!

This is why I avoid graduation if at all possible. :D

marlin fan
05-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL. Sinton changed formats a few years ago (don't even ask) they still have it at the football field. So, they are just looking at the teachers/administrators and none of the parents, friends, community can get a decent look at them. STUPID! I also think one year (they might still do this) they split the parents up had half sit on the visitor side & the other half on the home side. I also think one year they wanted to put the parents on the field with the students. :confused:

When I graduated we faced the home side of the field (North) and everyone was able to see the students. I have NO IDEA why they changed it, but I think it is ridiculous!

This is why I avoid graduation if at all possible. :D is the Stadium that small or is it prossibly someone u graduated from Marlin High that made the change?!?!?

pirate4state
05-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
is the Stadium that small or is it prossibly someone u graduated from Marlin High that made the change?!?!? I don't think our stadium is so small that they would have to make that change, but who knows? I just don't go anymore. Problem solved for me!

marlin fan
05-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't think our stadium is so small that they would have to make that change, but who knows? I just don't go anymore. Problem solved for me! lol u loser!!!! But yeah lol i dont go either less Family is graduating!!! sooo that meams ill be going to graduations for the next 3-4 years lol

pirate4state
05-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
lol u loser!!!! But yeah lol i dont go either less Family is graduating!!! sooo that meams ill be going to graduations for the next 3-4 years lol :tongue: :tongue: Heck, I have family graduating every year it seems and I still don't go! :D I will probably go this year though *sigh*

3aSoftball4Mom
05-23-2007, 06:04 PM
In the
hot, humid, Football stadium unless it rains, then the gym.

carter08
05-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Griggs Field

unless it rains

then First Assembly of God in Brazoria

Angeleyes
05-23-2007, 06:53 PM
We had ours at SMU stadium...1,297 graduating Seniors....that was in 1995 though:D

MHSvarsity2007
05-23-2007, 09:56 PM
this year was the first time in like 12 years it was going to be at the stadium but they changed it back to the gym because it's supposed to rain on friday. they initially changed to the field because the gym is packed during graduation and people are like standing and stuff and complaining about it.