PDA

View Full Version : Last night Detroit 79 Cleveland 76 in NBA Eastern Conference Finals - Game 1!

Phil C
05-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Why no discussion on what looks like may be a great series. Both teams played good defense and it was basically anyone's game. Cleveland even had a shot at winning it in the last six seconds. This has the potential to be a great series. Why no discussion. It was a great exciting close game with great defensive play as mentioned by both teams.

Let's get with the discussion. This game was close all the way through and was exciting indeed.

Lebron had a chance to tie it up when he went to the basket but he threw it out to a teammate that had a wide open three point shot but missed it. I think Lebron made the right decision but it has caused interesting debate.

Detroit is up 1 - 0 but if all the games are like the one last night it may go to seven games. Excitement indeed.

Adidas410s
05-22-2007, 10:00 AM
at least it was a sold out game :)

Maroon87
05-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
at least it was a sold out game :)

Apparently that's all that matters these days.:rolleyes:

TheDOCTORdre
05-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Detroits fans are hardcore, they would show up to a game if the Palace was on fire...of course they prolly would have started the fire themselves

TheDOCTORdre
05-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Detroit held Lebron to a career playoff low of only 10 points

Phil C
05-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Detroit held Lebron to a career playoff low of only 10 points

That is amazing and what is more amazing is the Detroit only won by three points and came close to losing it in the last few seconds. Cleveland could have possible won but they missed too many free throws. This has the potential to be an exciting series.

Phil C
05-22-2007, 10:51 AM
COME ON EVERYONE!! LET'S GET WITH THE DISCUSSION!

:mad:

TheDOCTORdre
05-22-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
COME ON EVERYONE!! LET'S GET WITH THE DISCUSSION!

:mad:

I'm with ya Phil
Tayshaun Prince played excelent defense against james...if I am correct, James did not make it to the free throw line all night lsat night

BTEXDAD
05-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Detroits fans are hardcore, they would show up to a game if the Palace was on fire...of course they prolly would have started the fire themselves

Prolly true, but that made me laugh, doc. Good one.

Lebron had only 10 pts, but 10 rebounds and 9 assists. Close to a triple double which is the big stat now days.
As phil said, Lebron is getting criticized for not taking last shot himself, but he woud have had the triple double if his teammate had hit the EXTREMELY wide open three pointer.

DUKE22
05-22-2007, 10:55 AM
I think Detroit wins in six. I thought the game was competitive but it just aint exciting. Cleveland is going to have to shoot the ball better to have a chance. Oh yeah I thought Lebrons play was smart at the end. Go for the win on the road you cannot get a better shot.

TheDOCTORdre
05-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Prolly true, but that made me laugh, doc. Good one.

Lebron had only 10 pts, but 10 rebounds and 9 assists. Close to a triple double which is the big stat now days.
As phil said, Lebron is getting criticized for not taking last shot himself, but he woud have had the triple double if his teammate had hit the EXTREMELY wide open three pointer.

I dont fault Lebron for not taking the last shot, Marshall (Ibelieve thats who took the Cavs last shot) had hit 6 threes in game 6 of their seires versus the nets, so it was a pretty good idea to get the ball to him since he was open, the shot just didnt fall

DU_stud04
05-22-2007, 11:09 AM
dertoit was the only other team i didnt want the spurs to play, they're good. i still want to see this matchup in the finals, itll go to game 7 again.....hopefully my way again.

TheDOCTORdre
05-22-2007, 11:14 AM
it should be a great series if it does end up being detroit and SA playing in the finals. Of course I believe its a little payback time