PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Region 4

Matthew328
06-03-2002, 02:04 PM
In Division 1 I think the class of the region will be Burnet and Sinton..those 2 seem to have the most returning talent and Sinton has the experience...BUT I gotta give a slight nod to Burnet...I dunno why just a hunch....keep an eye on Wharton in D1...they are ultra-talented but discipline has been an issue..if they can straighten that out the move to Region 4 could be a blessing...in D2 Bandera could benefit big time from Burnet moving into their district...also watch out for Sweeny and Edna both in 28-3A...Sweeny lost a lot but they always have the speed and talent and they move in from one of the toughest districts in the state...Edna returns the house and I hear they have a stud move in from Bay City....they could be a team to watch

SintonFan_inAustin
06-03-2002, 02:55 PM
How does Cuero look for this up coming season. They're usually in the playoffs and a contender for region title. I agree burnet and sinton are the early favorites. Bandera could go D2. is that assuming burnet beats bandera and they go as big school?

Scout24
06-03-2002, 03:46 PM
No as long as Burnet makes the playoffs Bandera goes D2, that's how big/small school works.

Jacket2000
06-03-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328:
In Division 1 I think the class of the region will be Burnet and Sinton..those 2 seem to have the most returning talent and Sinton has the experience...BUT I gotta give a slight nod to Burnet...I dunno why just a hunch....keep an eye on Wharton in D1...they are ultra-talented but discipline has been an issue..if they can straighten that out the move to Region 4 could be a blessing...in D2 Bandera could benefit big time from Burnet moving into their district...also watch out for Sweeny and Edna both in 28-3A...Sweeny lost a lot but they always have the speed and talent and they move in from one of the toughest districts in the state...Edna returns the house and I hear they have a stud move in from Bay City....they could be a team to watch

I gotta agree with Matt. Davis left Sinton for a reason, and I dont think it was for a pay raise. Also, Im goin' with Sweeny in D2.
J2K

sinton66
06-03-2002, 04:55 PM
J2K. Davis left because he got exactly what he was looking for, a dream of a 5A HC/AD position AND a heck of a raise. The rest of the coaches he brought to Sinton chose to stay put. Sinton will have to rebuild some of the line, but usually doesn't have much problem doing that. If anything, backfield will be a little faster than last season. Losing Davis will sting a little, but the coaches I've talked to down there say Mitchell will do a fine job. They kept the same OC,DC, and all coaching positions. I think Sinton will be just fine next season.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited June 03, 2002).]

toby070
06-03-2002, 05:48 PM
Matthew, I didn't see Sinton play, and I may be letting that bias come into play, but I'm with you, Burnet will have an incredible year this year. Their offense should be extremely effective, and they won't be one-dimensional offensively, something a lot of 3A schools can't say. Miller, their HB, had some minor injuries last year, and his health will be a key, because he is a stud. Burnet doesn't have as much recent tradition as Sinton, but they have made some pretty deep runs in the playoffs in the past, so a pretty strong tradition is there.

I will try my damndest not to be there when they play Wimberley...lots of pent-up frustration will be dished I'm afraid.

sinfan75
06-03-2002, 09:38 PM
I'll agree that Burnet should be ranked higher than Sinton.But I look at things this way.Until proven otherwise,Everman is the best in division 1 3A.And until proven otherwise,Sinton is no.2!

SintonFan
06-04-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Jacket2000:
I gotta agree with Matt. Davis left Sinton for a reason, and I dont think it was for a pay raise. Also, Im goin' with Sweeny in D2.
J2K

Do you think Davis left because some of the kids that were disciplined could effect next seasons team and reserves? If not, what's your take? Also, does anyone know how many starters Burnet returns?

Jacket2000
06-04-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan:
Do you think Davis left because some of the kids that were disciplined could effect next seasons team and reserves? If not, what's your take? Also, does anyone know how many starters Burnet returns?

I have no idea why he left, I just have a feeling it had to do with more than money. wouldnt think that a coach would leave a situation like that, unless there was something that the general public doesnt know about. Of course, I could be way off. Just my guess.
J2K

sinfan75
06-04-2002, 04:51 AM
You're way off Jacket.Davis asked a few of his assts.to go with him and they all stayed.Now I've talked to a man that was good friends with Davis,and he said he left strictly because it was a 5A school(something he's always wanted).It had nothing to do with the kids,the school or anything else.Several people in Sinton thought that but it it's been layed to rest.Besides if Sinton was a sinking ship why would all the coaches except for the basketball coach elect to stay in Sinton? I think ya'll are gonna be shocked at how good Sinton will be next year.

toby070
06-04-2002, 07:48 AM
SintonFan, I'm not exactly sure, but I think Burnet loses only four starters from last year.

bc 76
06-04-2002, 02:03 PM
Matthew you are right about wharton.Some of the players to watch for are dt kellen heard 6-6 340 4.9,qb matt mcintyre 6-2 195 4.6,rb ray hudson 5-10 170 4.3,j.wasington 5-8 170 4.4,ot d.edwards 6-3 245 4.7.Wharton in the last few years has just beaten themselves lack of discipline.If they can over come this then region 4 may be a blessing.

SintonFan
06-04-2002, 04:46 PM
Thanks toby070, if Burnet returns most of their team, then they deserve consideration for sure.

sinton66
06-07-2002, 07:39 AM
I heard a rumor yesterday reportedly from district rival Taft AD in 30-3A that Davis will take three coaches from Sinton when their contracts expire on July 31. I can't see how he would get info the rest of us wouldn't, so I'm hoping it is just a bad rumor, but you never know. If it DOES happen, although I think Sinton could make the regional finals on talent alone, they would face a major challenge to return to the top rounds.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited June 07, 2002).]

sinfan75
06-08-2002, 07:39 AM
The only coach that is leavin the basketball coach.He's taking a job in Wills Point.THAT'S from the best source-THE HEAD COACH!Now things do change and if some more decide to leave no big deal.The main core of the staff is stayin.That includes offensive and defensive coordinators.So like I said no big deal.

sinton66
06-08-2002, 10:06 AM
Didn't really see how Tafts AD would be privy to info us diehards weren't, but that came from a source very close to me, so I aired it out. Besides that, one Sinton coach told me everybody else was staying. Taft dude may have been repeating old gossip.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited June 08, 2002).]