PDA

View Full Version : I sure do miss.....

DUKE22
05-22-2007, 07:38 AM
the NBA during the 1980's. Has there been a better basketball decade for professional hoops. You had high scoring exciting games, superstars, and teams that stayed together. This 78-76 crap disgusts me. It was not like those guys did not defend back then either. Everyone could shoot though, now teams have a shooter, or maybe two. You leave anyone in Boston or Los Angeles line up open from the 80's and it was down. I would love to see some of these teams in this decade or the watered down 90's try to play in the 80's. It would be a joke, and it would not be close teams now would not do well. Oh well I will stop whining and try enjoy the Spurs and the Pistons battle once again to see if anyone can get 70.

Phil C
05-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Come on Duke! You need to appreciate outstanding defensive play! Go Spurs!

Snyder_TigerFan
05-22-2007, 09:47 AM
The late eighties, early nineties was indeed entertaining basketball. I remember jumping up and down watching this play. I was a Bird/Celtic fan. I hated the Pistons.

Bird Steal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL8FiecBp_g)

DUKE22
05-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Come on Duke! You need to appreciate outstanding defensive play! Go Spurs! I appreciate what the Spurs do, and I believe they are built for the playoffs in this era. The problem is these guys cannot shoot, as a team I mean. You dont think the Lakers and Celtics could play defense. Hell the Pistons of the late 80's were known for defense but they didnt score 75 points every night. Let these Spurs try to win in the 1980's, they might get one title. Never mind they wouldnt get one.

themsu97
05-22-2007, 02:06 PM
talking about boobies...