PDA

View Full Version : Do Spurs Fans Deserve A Championship?

Emerson1
05-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Opener doesn't sell out, a first for playoff game at AT&T Center
Johnny Ludden
Express-News

When the Spurs knocked out the Suns to set up their meeting with the Jazz, more than a few people speculated the nation's viewing public wouldn't be too interested in watching the two small-market teams.

Apparently, San Antonio isn't all that interested, either.

For the first time in the five-year history of the AT&T Center, the Spurs didn't sell out a playoff game.

The Spurs listed their attendance as 18,300, about 500 short of the 18,797 capacity.

One section in the arena's southeast corner was nearly empty at tipoff and the top two rows in the north end zone also looked empty. They filled in somewhat by game's end, but not to capacity.

The Spurs were obviously expecting greater demand because they allowed fans to purchase a limit of four tickets per person for the series' first two games. They also made the advance purchase tickets available only via phone and online sales.

That is pretty pathetic, especially since there are tickets on stubhub for under $50 on the side.

Is the Riverwalk more of a tourist thing or something. I figured it was like the West End in Dallas, you can get there 3 hours before the game and go eat and watch all the stuff outside the arena.

Fal44
05-21-2007, 10:41 PM
18,300, is still alot of ppl, sure it didn't sell out but it is only game one.

burnet44
05-21-2007, 11:05 PM
look
they deserve what ever they get
they are still playing
like Utah, Detroit, and The cavs

what a stupid post

if you are still playing u desreve what ever you get

kinda like the Mavs Heat lakers ect

on vacation

thats what they deserve

what a nn post

I dont care if no one came
attendance dont win games
players do

ok next thing the Mavs deserve it cuz they sell out?

this is one of the dumbest post Ive seen
and Ive seen a lot
incluging mine

DDBooger
05-22-2007, 01:17 AM
got sent this in a email. biased but thought i'd share
http://www.broadbandnewsnet.com/newsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=3828&z=1

sahen
05-22-2007, 03:41 AM
maybe the real question should be "Does San Antonio Deserve the Spurs?"

piratebg
05-22-2007, 05:38 AM
This is one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. :dispntd:

Darren
05-22-2007, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
This is one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. :dispntd:

Agreed..

Maroon87
05-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Sour grapes.:rolleyes:

BTW the correct title would've been "Do Spurs fans deserve ANOTHER championship?":evilgrin:

burnet44
05-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Grammar Police

lol

I get arrested all the time lol

Phil C
05-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Man I didn't know that or I would sure have brought a few of those $50 tickets!

Adidas410s
05-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Man I didn't know that or I would sure have brought a few of those $50 tickets!

Phil...tickets are as low as $30 along the upper sidelines now and down to $24 to sit behind the baskets in the upper level.

http://www.stubhub.com/san-antonio-spurs-playoff-tickets/?event_id=382032

luvhoops34
05-22-2007, 09:35 AM
No need to get your panties in a wad, just consider the source of the original post....:D

Emerson1
05-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Spurs facing another non-sellout
Johnny Ludden
Express-News

If the Spurs are expecting a boost of energy from the crowd tonight, they might want to look elsewhere.

After failing to sell out Sunday's Western Conference finals opener — a playoff first in the AT&T Center's five-year history — the Spurs are in danger of having another less-than-capacity crowd tonight.

About 1,000 tickets, mostly upper-deck seats, remained for the game as of Monday night. In addition to purchasing tickets by phone (210) 225-8326 and online (spurs.com or ticketmaster.com), fans also will now be allowed to buy them at the AT&T Center box office beginning at 8 a.m.

Sunday's listed attendance of 18,300 was about 500 short of capacity. One team official likened Sunday's uninspiring atmosphere to that of a regular-season game.

"I guess they think we already won the championship," another team official said, shaking his head.

Some fans have complained about having to pay premium prices for upper-level seats that are too far from the court.

The crowd also has begun to serenade Tim Duncan with chants of "M-V-P!" whenever he steps to the foul line during the playoffs. That's led some Spurs to wonder if the gesture is doing more harm than good considering the shakiness of Duncan's free-throw shooting.

and I never said anything about the Spurs team not deserving a championship, they obviously do. I guess sahen worded it better though.

And I didn't just make this up, I copied and pasted from a guy on spurstalk with 25,000 post. There is 19 pages and counting of spurs fans just ripping on each other. So it's not just me

SA can probably say goodbye to getting an NFL team. The NFL will laugh at an owner who wants to bring a team who can't even sellout a WCF and complains about paying $50 for upper level seats

luvhoops34
05-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Spurs facing another non-sellout
Johnny Ludden
Express-News

If the Spurs are expecting a boost of energy from the crowd tonight, they might want to look elsewhere.

After failing to sell out Sunday's Western Conference finals opener — a playoff first in the AT&T Center's five-year history — the Spurs are in danger of having another less-than-capacity crowd tonight.

About 1,000 tickets, mostly upper-deck seats, remained for the game as of Monday night. In addition to purchasing tickets by phone (210) 225-8326 and online (spurs.com or ticketmaster.com), fans also will now be allowed to buy them at the AT&T Center box office beginning at 8 a.m.

Sunday's listed attendance of 18,300 was about 500 short of capacity. One team official likened Sunday's uninspiring atmosphere to that of a regular-season game.

"I guess they think we already won the championship," another team official said, shaking his head.

Some fans have complained about having to pay premium prices for upper-level seats that are too far from the court.

The crowd also has begun to serenade Tim Duncan with chants of "M-V-P!" whenever he steps to the foul line during the playoffs. That's led some Spurs to wonder if the gesture is doing more harm than good considering the shakiness of Duncan's free-throw shooting.

and I never said anything about the Spurs team not deserving a championship, they obviously do. I guess sahen worded it better though.

And I didn't just make this up, I copied and pasted from a guy on spurstalk with 25,000 post. There is 19 pages and counting of spurs fans just ripping on each other. So it's not just me

SA can probably say goodbye to getting an NFL team. The NFL will laugh at an owner who wants to bring a team who can't even sellout a WCF and complains about paying $50 for upper level seats

The more you post, the more you look like the sour grapes mavs fan that you are......:)

Maroon87
05-22-2007, 10:00 AM
I think the cost of gas could be an issue in this case. I know there are a good number of fans that drive into SA for games from around the region that probably are passing now with $3/gallon gas everywhere. I don't have any scientific data to back that up but it wouldn't surprise me.

luvhoops34
05-22-2007, 10:07 AM
If I'm a Spurs fan and I can watch the game in the comfort of my home or at a sports bar, where I can actually see and hear what's going on, that's where I'm gonna be. Not way the hell up in the nosebleed section of the AT&T Center.

Adidas410s
05-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
The more you post, the more you look like the sour grapes mavs fan that you are......:)
Let me know when the Spurs start beating the Mavs again, ok? :)

pirate4state
05-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Let me know when the Spurs start beating the Mavs again, ok? :) LMAO careful you are starting to sound like those West Texas fans that take comfort in past accomplishments.

OR

like Keith with his Silver Boot arguement http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif

Maroon87
05-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Let me know when the Spurs start beating the Mavs again, ok? :)

Well they'd probably beat them now but all the Mavs are on the golf course.:p So I guess we'll just have to wait until November.

Emerson1
05-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
If I'm a Spurs fan and I can watch the game in the comfort of my home or at a sports bar, where I can actually see and hear what's going on, that's where I'm gonna be. Not way the hell up in the nosebleed section of the AT&T Center.
Being there is a lot better then watching it on a little TV.
Contrary to beliefs, nosebleed seats are not that bad. You have probably never even been to a game though. If people can sit happily in the uppers at the AAC, it can't be that bad at AT&T, an arena designed for basketball. Maybe Cuban should buy the spurs so y'all won't have such a boring atmosphere.

Adidas410s
05-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LMAO careful you are starting to sound like those West Texas fans that take comfort in past accomplishments.

OR

like Keith with his Silver Boot arguement http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif

ehh....the Mavs beat them 3 out of 4 games this year too! :)

Snyder_TigerFan
05-22-2007, 10:32 AM
ehh....the Mavs beat them 3 out of 4 games this year too! :)

What'd that get them?;)

Maroon87
05-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Maybe Cuban should buy the spurs so y'all won't have such a boring atmosphere.

At least then he'd have some championship banners in the rafters.

Emerson1
05-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Mavs are on about the same track as the spurs. Took SA 30 years to finally win a championship. Dallas is in the David Robison phase, just needs 1 more player who can compliment dirk.

pirate4state
05-22-2007, 10:37 AM
LOL unbelievable - I'll just sit back and watch the dance now :D

Maroon87
05-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL unbelievable - I'll just sit back and watch the dance now :D

I'm sitting out the rest of this one. I'm waiting for "Cotton-Eyed Joe.":p

Emerson1
05-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
We are still on achy breacky heart and the electic slide

luvhoops34
05-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Being there is a lot better then watching it on a little TV.
Contrary to beliefs, nosebleed seats are not that bad. You have probably never even been to a game though. If people can sit happily in the uppers at the AAC, it can't be that bad at AT&T, an arena designed for basketball. Maybe Cuban should buy the spurs so y'all won't have such a boring atmosphere.

I have probably been to ten games at the Alamo Dome and five at the AT&T Center. The nosebleeds suck. I won't sit there. So if I don't have the $$$ to pay for good tickets, then I don't go. Oh, and it has nothing to do with the atmosphere, boring or otherwise. GO SPURS!!

GreenMachine
05-22-2007, 11:03 AM
I've had seats on the floor and in the nosebleed section. I don't care where I sit, you can't beat the atmosphere there! ;)

Old Tiger
05-22-2007, 11:04 AM
They have won them before so yes.

LH Panther Mom
05-22-2007, 11:10 AM
At least then he'd have some championship banners in the rafters.

http://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif http://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif You're on a roll today! :D

http://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/jerry.gif

Adidas410s
05-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I've had seats on the floor and in the nosebleed section. I don't care where I sit, you can't beat the atmosphere there! ;)
It's the same most places you go. I've sat right next to the players at Mavs games before but the 2 games that I remember the most are from last years playoffs.

Game 4 vs Spurs...Mavs win in OT.
Game 5 vs Phoenix...Dirk goes for 50

Some of my favorite seats were Section 310 Row C. I sat there for Game 1 vs Phoenix last year. It's dead center court and a handicap row so there are only 8 fold out chairs and you have plenty of room to stretch out with nobody behind you if you want to stand up. :thumbsup:

Maroon87
05-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
http://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif http://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/laughing1.gif You're on a roll today! :D

http://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/jerry.gif

What can I say? I'm a natural entertainer...:crazy1: ;)

At least that's the reason I've been given why everyone laughs at me.:nerd: