PDA

View Full Version : got my new golf clubs today...

jason
05-21-2007, 05:28 PM
...definitely going to be a learning curve.....but i think im up for the challenge...

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/3720/ti695mbpu3.jpg

Cameron Crazy
05-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Titileist makes good irons, but you should have gone with the Mizuno MP's.

BILLYFRED0000
05-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Titileist makes good irons, but you should have gone with the Mizuno MP's.

I still like my x-14's.... I can't seem to replace my Nike 460 ignite
yet either.

jason
05-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Titileist makes good irons, but you should have gone with the Mizuno MP's. is there any logic behind that statement? or are you just a fan of mizuno?

i hit probably a dozen clubs, narrowed it down to a few, and then chose these...hopefully they work out for me...

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-21-2007, 06:55 PM
I have some Forged Titleist 804 OS that I love. You made an excellent choice with those.

http://www.tgw.com/images/products/clubs/mensirons/titleist/4798/image.jpg

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-21-2007, 06:58 PM
This is my new driver, lemme tell you, it may be the sweetest club I've ever owned.
http://www.tgw.com/images/products/clubs/menswoods/taylormade/5011/image.jpg

bobcat1
05-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by jason
is there any logic behind that statement? or are you just a fan of mizuno?

i hit probably a dozen clubs, narrowed it down to a few, and then chose these...hopefully they work out for me...
Excellent. I always want blades but never go ahead and do it. I don't know why. I grew up hitting Tileist blades before there was a cavity back. Those muscle backs are a great choice for you Jason with what I have seen of your scoring on here. Good luck!

jason
05-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
This is my new driver, lemme tell you, it may be the sweetest club I've ever owned.
http://www.tgw.com/images/products/clubs/menswoods/taylormade/5011/image.jpg with the screws and those new drivers being so big, thats just TOO much technology for me....

Emerson1
05-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Excellent. I always want blades but never go ahead and do it. I don't know why. I grew up hitting Tileist blades before there was a cavity back. Those muscle backs are a great choice for you Jason with what I have seen of your scoring on here. Good luck!
You have seen 1 good stretch.

shankbear
05-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Love those new blades. I was using Callaway X-Tours until the back/disk problems. Work those sticks.

bobcat1
05-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You have seen 1 good stretch. :confused: :thinking: What in the blue hell are you talking about??????

BILLYFRED0000
05-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
:confused: :thinking: What in the blue hell are you talking about??????

Why do you ask two dogs?

I have been waiting for a shot at that one.......:D
I used to hit blades. But I really like the x-14 with the uniflex shaft. I wll stick to that. My last set of good blades was the Maxfli Revolution forged with the S300 shafts.

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-21-2007, 09:48 PM
with the screws and those new drivers being so big, thats just TOO much technology for me....

It's pretty cool. Comes with a wheel you can turn to see where the weights are and how it changes the ball flight. I have it set up on a high fade and it's been great.

jason
05-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
It's pretty cool. Comes with a wheel you can turn to see where the weights are and how it changes the ball flight. I have it set up on a high fade and it's been great. my natural ball flight is high with about a 5-9 yard fade...the new clubs have s300 shafts with a high kick point to help reduce how high i hit the ball, im gonna have to fix the fade part myself i guess...ive learned to live with it....

my driver is a plain-jane ping g2 with 8.5* of loft...i hit it plenty long and plenty straight, if it turns at all, its right to left, but thats rare....

bobcat1
05-22-2007, 05:42 AM
I play a fade as well. If my driver moves at all it is a high fade. I hit my driver really well. It is an old Taylormade 580XD. I hit it about 300 and have found no reason to change. I hit Ping I3 (not plus) irons and love them. I have a Titleist Scotty Cameron Laguna and hit TM V Steel fairway woods. I hit Precept U-Tri Tour balls. They are really close to the Pro V1 and are tougher and less expensive if you can find them on EBay.

Adidas410s
05-22-2007, 07:08 AM
I love the U-Tri Tour balls. The "U-Tri" part always makes me feel better when I hit bad shots haha.

It sounds like we all have a similar ball flight...other than the part where I'm a lefty so my fade is right to left instead. I can hit a draw up to my 7 iron but other than that it's a high fade or a lower straight ball.

I have some weird love affair with the Precept Laddie. Even when I try to get away with it...I always seem to go back to it and play better with it. However, I've been playing the Srixon AD-333 but my one gripe about the ball is that the cover is too soft so it scuffs easily.

bobcat1
05-22-2007, 08:07 PM
That Bridgestone B330S is a dang good ball too if you can afford it. I found one and played about a round and half with it before it was too scuffed up.

BILLYFRED0000
05-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I love the U-Tri Tour balls. The "U-Tri" part always makes me feel better when I hit bad shots haha.

It sounds like we all have a similar ball flight...other than the part where I'm a lefty so my fade is right to left instead. I can hit a draw up to my 7 iron but other than that it's a high fade or a lower straight ball.

I have some weird love affair with the Precept Laddie. Even when I try to get away with it...I always seem to go back to it and play better with it. However, I've been playing the Srixon AD-333 but my one gripe about the ball is that the cover is too soft so it scuffs easily.

Well I guess I can screw up the fade group. I hit a medium high
draw as my natural shot or very nearly straight. My driver is the same playing a sstraight ball or right to left. I do not hit the ball as far as I used to but can still reach 300 on occasion with my driver. I like to putt.

CenTexSports
05-22-2007, 10:25 PM
I went to the golf corse this afternoon and three young guys were about to tee off and asked if I wanted to join them. I got my cart but forgot that my clubs were at the house. I played with my son's clubs: one of the original Callaway knockoffs that I got in 1993 with graphite shafts (they were called Mercury something). I shot 2 over and hit the irons about 1 1/2 clubs longer than the Callaways I am playing now.

jason
05-23-2007, 02:26 PM
played my first round with the new clubs today...played at keeton park, a dallas public course, its pretty nice...

par is 72

5 5 6 4 5 4 3 6 3 41 3 3 3 4 3 4 4 5 5 34 = 75

had a rough start, then on the back my only bogey was on #17...

Adidas410s
05-23-2007, 02:27 PM
played my first round with the new clubs today...played at keeton park, a dallas public course, its pretty nice...

par is 72

5 5 6 4 5 4 3 6 3 41 3 3 3 4 3 4 4 5 5 34 = 75

had a rough start, then on the back my only bogey was on #17...

geez...do you do ANYTHING at all anymore???:thinking:

My new clubs were just delivered to my apt complex. I'm gonna try and head home early so I can get to the range and try them out tonight. I'll probably still have to have them lengthened...but I want to hit them first! :)

jason
05-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
geez...do you do ANYTHING at all anymore???:thinking:

My new clubs were just delivered to my apt complex. I'm gonna try and head home early so I can get to the range and try them out tonight. I'll probably still have to have them lengthened...but I want to hit them first! :) lol not really...i have 10 days to decide if i want to keep these or not to get 100% of my money back, i dont think i want to keep them, its not that they're not great clubs, i think its a mental factor with hitting blades vs cavity backs....i think ill go with the titleist 695cb instead...

i like the idea of the dl golf tournament, me and you should play some time, im around dfw all the time...

Adidas410s
05-23-2007, 02:43 PM
lol not really...i have 10 days to decide if i want to keep these or not to get 100% of my money back, i dont think i want to keep them, its not that they're not great clubs, i think its a mental factor with hitting blades vs cavity backs....i think ill go with the titleist 695cb instead...

i like the idea of the dl golf tournament, me and you should play some time, im around dfw all the time...

I'm always looking for somebody to play with too. I saw a thing on ebay where you could buy a weekday or weekend twi round out at Mesquite Muni...it sold for $3. I forgot about it until it was over though. I don't think I can play this weekend but next w/e looks available as of now.

jason
05-23-2007, 02:55 PM
ive got some passes to play for just a cart fee at white stone in benbrook, its a pretty nice course, i think its $15