PDA

View Full Version : Utah's Deron Williams the next MJ!

Phil C
05-21-2007, 01:27 PM
He played fantastic against the Spurs Sunday especially the last 12 minutes. He scored 33 points total. If Utah turns him loose he is liable to score 70 points against the Spurs and that is dangerous indeed. He is the present day MJ. I hope SA can hold him off and score enough points to win Game 2 but he is tough. This game has me very worried indeed.

Johnny Utah
05-21-2007, 01:41 PM
He played at The Colony High School in Lewisville Texas then went on to star at University of Illinois. Very good player, but MJ??? Not that good. Was exciting to watch at the State tourney though.

GreenMachine
05-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Now that the Spurs have seen this, expect him to get a heavy dose of Bowen. Bowen will be prepared for him now. If that doesn't work, he could always kick him in the groin or ankle :rolleyes::eek: :D

burnet44
05-21-2007, 02:06 PM
he might be DW
but MJ?

no _________ way

Macarthur
05-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah, he's a nice player, but I would seriously tap on the brakes with the MJ talk.

crzyjournalist03
05-21-2007, 02:36 PM
I think he could possibly be as good as MJ, Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson all put together.

This year's Western Conference finals will be bigger than the World Cup, World Series, and World War II combined!

Phil C
05-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I think he could possibly be as good as MJ, Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson all put together.

This year's Western Conference finals will be bigger than the World Cup, World Series, and World War II combined!

I'm glad you left off the Tour de France! Whew!

STANG RED
05-21-2007, 03:13 PM
He's a great player, but at this point he might be good enough to carry MJ's jock strap at most. Lets at least see if he has the pills to shoot the 30 foot jumper at the buzzer with everything on the line. MJ lived for those moments!

burnet44
05-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Ask Sloan
he saw MJ beat the Jazz

maestro
05-21-2007, 04:04 PM
set the beer can down and step away from the bar bub....

:)

let's see him win a conference , league championship and then become a model of consistency first..

the colony was dominated by bracey wright in the state tourney that year...

kepdawg
05-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
He played at The Colony High School in Lewisville Texas then went on to star at University of Illinois. Very good player, but MJ??? Not that good. Was exciting to watch at the State tourney though.

:foul:

Deron played at The Colony High School in The Colony, Texas!

The Colony High School is in the Lewisville ISD along with LHS, Flower Mound Marcus HS, Flower Mound HS, and Hebron HS.

kepdawg
05-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
He played fantastic against the Spurs Sunday especially the last 12 minutes. He scored 33 points total. If Utah turns him loose he is liable to score 70 points against the Spurs and that is dangerous indeed. He is the present day MJ. I hope SA can hold him off and score enough points to win Game 2 but he is tough. This game has me very worried indeed.

Deron is doing great for being a second year player. I am happy Coach Sloan has grown comfortable with the ball in Deron's hand. At this time I don't think Deron would mind being compared to the likes of Mark Jackson. After all, MJ is second all time in career assists. Deron is certainly about team first and Deron second. If his team is successful, he is successful. He will be a great NBA PG for years to come!

maestro
05-21-2007, 06:39 PM
the utah jazz front office should get major points for the make up of their team.

the more that i watch them.....they're put together much better than previously thought...especially the rockets series...

williams = stockton

boozer= malone...

and the foreigner can shoot like horns did...

JR2004
05-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Deron is doing great for being a second year player. I am happy Coach Sloan has grown comfortable with the ball in Deron's hand. At this time I don't think Deron would mind being compared to the likes of Mark Jackson. After all, MJ is second all time in career assists. Deron is certainly about team first and Deron second. If his team is successful, he is successful. He will be a great NBA PG for years to come!

Just needs Jackson's post-up game. I believe the guys on the TNT studio show said Magic saw him at a party during All-Star weekend. He walked all the way across the room to talk to Deron and told he has an old school game and that he is very impressed with how he plays.

It'd be nice to see more of him this season, but oh well. Next year should be a great year for both Deron and Carlos.