PDA

View Full Version : Bellville baseball win?

Johnny Utah
05-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks.

Ranger Mom
05-21-2007, 10:04 AM
I think I read where Jasper won games 2 and 3.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong!!:p

Bearkat
05-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Bellville won game 1. Jasper won games 2 & 3, and advances. Jasper vs Lufkin Hudson.

XMan
05-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Jasper was able to make sure that Bellville's streak of not making it to the state tournament reached 14 seasons in a row. Maybe someday the Brahmas will get back there but its not looking good at this point.

Bull19
05-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Jasper was able to make sure that Bellville's streak of not making it to the state tournament reached 14 seasons in a row. Maybe someday the Brahmas will get back there but its not looking good at this point.

nice informative post......the way you make it sound is that going to the state tourny should be as easy as 1,2,3.

KL3
05-21-2007, 05:53 PM

What a pathetic, jealous loser.

Hupernikomen
05-21-2007, 07:08 PM

Not easy at all in Reg. III. Jasper has been trying themselves for several years to make it to the state tournament again. Not as easy task at all.

Reds fan
05-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by KL3
What a pathetic, jealous loser.

Yep, haven't seen much positive from xman at all....

KL3
05-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Reds fan, he's been like that on this board for a few years now. He's got something against Bellville for sure. Either he's from a surrounding town and obviously is jealous of the success Bellville has in every sport or he's from Bellville and the coaches never put him or his son in the game.

maestro
05-21-2007, 08:40 PM
the true measure of a team and coach should be :

where were we in january??

where are we in may?????

bellville's coaches and players can be proud of their efforts...

KL3
05-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Actually, as XMan has posted a few times before, he is from Bellville. It also looks like he's college aged or somewhere around there. I'm guessing he didn't see much of the playing field under Cerny or Chancellor and thats the root of his jealousy.

KL3
05-21-2007, 08:49 PM
I found this post by XMan very interesting from about a year ago. Could we have a clue who the XMan is???

Congrats to Mr. Luetge for helping the San Jac Gators get to juco world series. Hopefully the Gators can again make Texas proud. This is at least the 2nd time a former Brahma has gone to Grand Junction. There was a former Brahmas pitching for the Galveston team in 94 when they won it all. This is a fine example of what hard work and perserverance can do for you.

KL3
05-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Him knowing this little fact also is very interesting. I think this makes his age around 30-35.

Ben Broussard graduated from HJ in I think 95. He is currently the 1st baseman for the Cleveland Indians of major league baseball.

He also seems to know a lot about baseball and talks about Columbus quite often.

Reds fan
05-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Actually, as XMan has posted a few times before, he is from Bellville. It also looks like he's college aged or somewhere around there. I'm guessing he didn't see much of the playing field under Cerny or Chancellor and thats the root of his jealousy.

KL3, the way xman posts you have probably hit the nail on the head. I don't really care except that he takes a lot of the proud accomplishments that kids from Bellville have achieved and twists them into his vision of failure, perhaps his own. This is just sad.

Win or lose the athletes from Bellville pretty well represent their town and school with dignity and class.

zebrablue2
05-21-2007, 09:42 PM
I would guess ole X is in his mid 40's. son was a very good athlete
for Bellville, in all sports. Tell me, am I warm xman ?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by KL3
I found this post by XMan very interesting from about a year ago. Could we have a clue who the XMan is???

He said something about playing in Galveston? It might be Ex,s dad coached in Bellville.

zebrablue2
05-21-2007, 10:18 PM
one thing I can ask ole X is to try and keep it as positive as
possible. these are high scool athletes on this board, and praise
is what they need. cerny once again did a great job, district
co-champ, bye and one round won. took the next three games.
I would call that a very good year. with all the things going bad
in the world, you can try and be a LOT more positive.......

Bull19
05-22-2007, 01:31 AM
kl3 you might have to correct me on this but i wanna say since like 89 bellville has only missed the playoffs once in baseball and that was in 97.......although they didnt go to the state tourny excpet twice since 89, that still aint too bad.

themsu97
05-22-2007, 08:15 AM
some people cannot help but live in the past... it is sad... I see it alot... I have a few friends who are exactly like the character described in Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days"...
and then they try to live the rest out through their own kids... fortunately for me I see this on an every day basis and it allows me to not do that through my own... sure i want them to succeed and be the best, but I only ask that they give their best, failure is always going to happen at some point...
the sad thing is that we forget that there is a team on the other side that has worked just as hard and are just as hungry... no flukes ever make the playoffs and every team deserves the respect of thier opponent... sometimes the other team just plays better

KL3
05-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
kl3 you might have to correct me on this but i wanna say since like 89 bellville has only missed the playoffs once in baseball and that was in 97.......although they didnt go to the state tourny excpet twice since 89, that still aint too bad.

Ya, your right. They've made the playoffs 19 of the past 20 seasons. My sophomore year was the last time we missed the playoffs. We got 3rd and missed them by 1 game. We lost a big group of seniors the year before and we weren't expected to do too much that year. There was 1 good Sr. in Zboril, who signed with Baylor, a couple good jrs., and we had 6 sophomores. We won district the next 2 years though.

In 1996, district rivals Bellville and Halletsville split time being ranked #1. Each won on their home field and swapped the #1 and #2 rankings each time. Bellville entered the playoffs ranked #1 but got upset in the 3rd or 4th round.

KL3
05-22-2007, 05:26 PM
By the way, I'm pretty sure I know who XMan is.

XMan
05-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Since yall werent born yet, ill fill ya in. In '79 Bellville won district and beat Huffman in Bi-district, lost to eventual state runner-up East Chambers. Game was played at Stratford High, close game but Bellville fell. For the record, this was the first year for the there to be a small school baseball state champion. In '85 Bellville was runner-up to Sealy. Made it to the regional finals and lost 4-1 to eventual state champion Sweeny at Frankie field in FBISD. Tommy Kestler hit a home run in the top of the 6th to put Bellville up 1-0 but Sweeny stormed back. '86 co dist champs lost in Bi-district to Cameron at Olsen field 7-3. '87, Tri distric champs, won the playoff, lost in bi-district to Darrell Finch and the Stafford Spartans 3-2 at Katy Taylor. '88 District champs, won Region 3 for the 1st time in school history. Lost to Arthur Rhodes and the Waco LaVega Pirates 5-4 at Nelson Field on a walk off single. '89 placed 3rd behind Navasota and Sealy, no playoffs. Anything else ya like to know, just ask.

BTEXDAD
05-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by KL3
By the way, I'm pretty sure I know who XMan is.

I got it figured out. XMan is that guy on espn. You know "stump the schwab." He's the schwab!!!!

Ranger Mom
05-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Anything else ya like to know, just ask.

I think they pretty much just wanted to know who you are!!!:eek: :D

pirate4state
05-24-2007, 01:13 PM
'88 District champs, won Region 3 for the 1st time in school history. Lost to Arthur Rhodes and the Waco LaVega Pirates 5-4 at Nelson Field on a walk off single. and Sinton beat LaVega in the finals. just thought i'd throw that out there :D

XMan
05-24-2007, 02:12 PM
The younger Sepeda threw a really good game in the final and Willie Medlock caught a good game behind the plate. Sinton won 8-0 if memory serves me right. LaVega was kind of a one man team but man could Arthur bring it. Up to 96 on some guns. And no, you dont know who I am.

pirate4state
05-24-2007, 02:26 PM
The younger Sepeda threw a really good game in the final and Willie Medlock caught a good game behind the plate. Sinton won 8-0 if memory serves me right. LaVega was kind of a one man team but man could Arthur bring it. Up to 96 on some guns. And no, you dont know who I am. I don't remember, but 8-0 sounds like to many runs. :thinking: I'm pretty sure it was like 2-1 or 1-0 - I don't remember and I was in the dugout!! :eek: :eek: HAHAHAHA :(

baseball21
05-24-2007, 06:38 PM
And no, you dont know who I am.

i know who you are and i am pretty sure you live in Brenham

KL3
05-24-2007, 06:42 PM
And no, you dont know who I am.

X, I'm not 100% sure, but I've got a pretty good idea. I'll find out soon enough.

zebrablue2
05-24-2007, 07:52 PM
X does not live in Brenham. He is from Bellville, and does many
good things for the town. I do not know why he post's things
the way he does? He may just like to stir the pot. Only he knows
for sure...

SintonFan
05-24-2007, 07:59 PM
The younger Sepeda threw a really good game in the final and Willie Medlock caught a good game behind the plate. Sinton won 8-0 if memory serves me right. LaVega was kind of a one man team but man could Arthur bring it. Up to 96 on some guns. And no, you dont know who I am.
Good memory and close.:clap:
I thought you were from WOS?:confused:
From the UIL website:
Conference 3A 1987

District Representatives: 1. Brownfield / Denver City: 2. Fabens / Alpine; 3. Abilene: Wylie / Clyde; 4. Iowa Park / Bridgeport; 5. Fort Worth: Diamond Hill-Jarvis / Southlake: Carroll; 6. Hillsboro / Aledo; 7. Waco: La Vega / Robinson 8. Burnet / Llano; 9. Bye; 10. Bye; 11. Coppell / Wylie; 12. Mabank / Wills Point; 13. Clarksville / Prairiland; 14. Van / Lindale; 15. Linden: Linden-Kildare / Hooks; 16. Gilmer / Jefferson; 17. Mexia / Crockett; 18. San Augustine / Diboll; 19. Kirbyville / Woodville; 20. Orangefield / Winnie: East Chambers; 21. Rockdale / Navasota; 22. Splendora / Shepherd; 23. Bellville / Sealy: 24. Sweeny / Hitchcock: 25. Elgin / Austin: Lake Travis; 26. Cuero / Yoakum; 27. Hondo / Somerset; 28.Devine / Crystal City; 29. Sinton / Goliad; 30. Ingleside / Odem; 31. Falfurrias / Freer; 32. Port Isabel / Mission: Sharyland

State Semifinal: Sinton 7, Wylie 2; Waco: La Vega 5, Bellville 4

State Final: Sinton 4, Waco: La Vega 0

Members of the Conference 3A state champion Sinton baseball team are Paul Stewart, Homer Sepeda, Steve Sepeda, Anthony Tijerina, Robert Vasquez, Joe Henry Doria, Andy Villasana, Michael Maya, Davey Conn, Mall Navarro, Coach Paul Ynostrosa, Coach David Hastings, Willie Medlock, Richard Salinas, Graig Hesseltine, Jamie Sepeda, Tony Martino, Steve Gomez, Juan Buendia, Ray Landin, Coach Gene Kasprzyk.
Conference 3A 1988

District Representatives: 1. Dalhart / Perryton; 2. Canyon / Muleshoe; 3. Brownfield / Seminole; 4. Alpine / Fabens; 5. Graham / Bowie; 6. Clyde / Abilene: Wylie; 7. Bye 8. Marble Falls / Llano; 9. Coppell / Southlake: Carroll; 10. Frisco / Wylie; 11. Aledo / Fort Worth: Diamond Hill-Jarvis; 12. Mabank / Canton; 13. Pattonville: Prairiland / Mount Vernon; 14. Texarkana: Pleaseant Grove / DeKalb; 15. Linden: Linden-Kildare / Jefferson; 16. White Oak / Van; 17. Waco: La Vega / Waco: Connally; 18. Mexia / Palestine: Westwood; 19. Cameron: Yoe / Elgin; 20. Navasota / Sealy; 21. San Augustine / Diboll; 22. Orangefield / Port Arthur: Austin; 23. Cleveland: Tarkington / Shepherd; 24. Hamshire: Hamshire-Fannett / Huffman: Hargrave; 25. Bye; 26. Floresville / Bandera; 27. Gonzales / Goliad; 28. Sweeny / Palacios; 29. Carrizo Springs / Crystal City; 30. Sinton / Ingleside; 31. Bishop / Freer; 32. Mission: Sharyland / Port Isabel

Bi-District: Dalhart 8, Muleshoe 0; Brownfield 12, Fabens 2; Graham 11, Abilene: Wylie 3; Canyon 9, Perryton 4; Alpine 11, Seminole 2; Clyde 6, Bowie 3; Coppell 7, Wiley 6; Aledo 7, Canton 1; Pattonville: Prairiland 4, DeKalb 3; Linden: Linden-Kildare 3, Van 1; Frisco 3, Southlake: Carroll 2; Fort Worth: Diamond Hill-Jarvis 6, Mabank 2; Texarkana: Pleasant Grove 3, Mount Vernon 2; Jefferson - White Oak, 2-1, 9-3; Palestine: Westwood 11, Waco: La Vega 10; Cameron: Yoe 17, Sealy 0; San Augustine 11, Port Arthur: Austin 2; Cleveland: Tarkington 4, Huffman: Hargrave 3; Waco: Connally 6, Mexia 3; Navasota 2, Elgin 1; Orangefield 6, Diboll 1; Hamshire: Hamshire-Fannett 6, Shepherd 2; Gonzales 12, Palacios 1; Carrizo Springs 7, Ingleside 3; Bishop 6, Port Isabel 0; Goliad 2, Sweeny 1; Sinton 12, Crystal City 2; Freer 8, Mission: Sharyland 7.

Area: Dalhart - Brownfield, forfeit; Llano 15, Graham 1; Alpine 6, Canyon 1; Marble Falls 17, Clyde 7; Coppell 5, Aledo 2; Linden: Linden-Kildare 8, Pattonville: Prairiland 0; Fort Worth: Diamond Hill 19, Frisco 12; Texarkana: Pleasant Grove 9, Jefferson 3; Cameron: Yoe 7, Palestine : Westwood 1; San Augustine 4, Cleveland: Tarkington 2; Waco: Connally 5, Navasota 2; Orangefldd 3, Hamshire: Hamshire-Fannett 0; Gonzales 3, Bandera 2; Bishop 11, Carrizo Springs 8; Goliad 8, Floresville 0; Sinton 3, Freer 0.

Regional: Llano 11, Dalhart 1; Marble Falls 5, Alpine 2; Linden: Linden-Kildare 16; Coppell 10; Texarkana 8, Fort Worth: Diamond Hill-Jarvis 2; San Augustine 8, Cameron: Yoe 6; Waco Connally 7, Orangefield 4; Gonzales 5, Bishop 4; Sinton 10, Goliad 4.

State Quarterfinal: Llano 2, Marble Falls 1; Texarkana: Pleasant Grove 3, Linden: Linden-Kildare 2; San Augustine 10, Waco: Connally 7; Sinton 5, Gonzales 3.

State Semifinal: Sinton 7, Texarkana: Pleasant Grove 5; San Augustine 9, Llano 6.

State Final: Sinton 2, San Augustine 1.

Members of the Conference 3A state champion Slnton baseball team are Michael Moya, Homer Sepeda, Steve Sepeda, Rita Alaniz, Terri Gomez, Andy Villasana, Joe Henry Doria, Juan Buendia, Brlan Briscoe, Albert Rivas, Tim Villasana, David Marler, Davey Conn, Anthony Tijerina, Matthew Navarro, Cy Sullivan, Coach Paul Ynostrosa, Coach Gene Kasprzyk, Keith Trujillo, Michael Whitehead, Darrel Hesseltine, Jamie Speda, Greg Hesseltine, Willie Medock, Richie Salinas, Ray Landin, and Coach David Hastings.

Great teams there.:cool:

baseball21
05-25-2007, 12:29 PM
he is not from bellville his dad coached at bellville but he lives in brenham