PDA

View Full Version : Why soccer is ...well "Happy"

burnet44
05-21-2007, 08:53 AM
http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/05/AndHesMarried%21.jpg

AC Milan's French midfielder Yoann Gourcuff (C DOWN) jubilates with captain defender Alessandro Costacurta after scoring a goal against Udinese, during their Italian serie A football match at Udine's Friuli stadium, 19 May 2007. AFP PHOTO/ANDREAS SOLAROSOLARO (Photo credit should read ANDREAS SOLARO/AFP/Getty Images)
Jubilating? Is that what the kids are calling it these days? Well, you just jubilate the hell out of that thing, Mr. Gourcuff

Adidas410s
05-21-2007, 08:57 AM
ehh...that one doesn't even look realistic ;)

District303aPastPlayer
05-21-2007, 08:59 AM
tomorrow is the EUFA League Championship with AC Milan going against Liverpool...

Adidas410s
05-21-2007, 09:08 AM
I thought that game was Wednesday. I better double check my DVR ;)

burnet44
05-21-2007, 11:34 AM
yeah me too lol

burnet44
05-21-2007, 11:41 AM
A Gruesome End To All That
David Hirshey writes regularly for Deadspin about soccer.

I suppose it could have been worse. The Special One's little rat-faced fugitive terrier might have turned up at Kinsale on Saturday morning and infected us all with rabies. Then again, would that have been any more painful than the poison dart Drogba fired into our aorta in extra time?

So here's the final, gruesome tally for silverware this season: ManU takes home the Premiership trophy; Chelsea wins the FA and Carling Cups; and Liverpool plays for the biggest prize (Champions League title) on Wednesday.

Arsenal? We get to sweep up whatever special treat Mourinho's dog has left for us on the steps of Emirates.

And it's all my fault. By calling for a fatwa on Mourinho's head last week and turning the FA Cup final into a Holy War between Pretty Good and Evil, I had obviously pissed off the Soccer Gods .So I got what I deserved -- an execrable game so devoid of any excitement for the first half that the Hague convened a tribunal to look into its various crimes against the sport. Then just when I least expected it, after 116 tense and exasperating minutes and an equivalent number of beers, Drogba struck as only he can, with his 33rd goal of the season. A couple of months ago, I wrote that I thought Drogba, not ol' Twinkletoes, deserved to be the EPL's player of the year for the simple reason that without him, Chelsea is Bolton. For all of Ronaldo's dazzling party tricks, United still have Rooney, Giggs and Scholes to deliver the payload. Who does Chelsea have? Shevchenko? Ballack? Hilario?

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/05/mourinhooooo.jpg