PDA

View Full Version : How much do you think distance factors in?

AggieJohn
01-31-2004, 02:25 AM
Like i Realize their is a certian amount that it factors in, but do you think they try to be most economical...or try to get the best matchups...?

Bandera YaYa
01-31-2004, 10:45 PM
Uh, ...they think???? :D

3afan2K3
01-31-2004, 11:47 PM
They probably consider the distance inbetween towns and the enrollement. There probably won't be a district wiht all 6 teams have 800+ students and Forney won't be in the same district as Midland Greenwood

AggieJohn
02-01-2004, 02:29 AM
like for instance in liberty's case, the most economical would be this:
Liberty
Hardin
Barber's Hill
Hardin Jefferson
Cleveland
Anahuac

But we've had hour and more drives like coldspring and other long drives like shepard
the past two year and if Tx Preps Xtra is right we have at least an hour to drive to any of our teams in district...guess that's what you can expect, a poor job on the UIL's part

Ray_BearKat
02-01-2004, 02:35 AM
All becuase of the 2.1 to 1 ratio they are trying to achieve.

AggieJohn
02-02-2004, 12:31 AM
Ray_BearKat:
All becuase of the 2.1 to 1 ratio they are trying to achieve.what's that mean?

Matthew328
02-02-2004, 08:30 AM
2 to 1 ratio means that the largest school in a class is no more than twice as large as the smallest school..so for example if the cap on Class 3A is 900 then they'd like to get the bottom of 3A around 450...as for the realigning..the UIL has to look at the BIG picture here...they have to do what is best for all the schools and not just a certian school...so a particular school may have to travel some...ie Liberty if it makes for better districts in other areas...I can remember when I was a freshman and Soph in high school...and Waco University being in 10-4A with Everman, Waxahachie, Cedar Hill, Midlothian, and Red Oak..while Waco Midway less than 5 miles away was in 26-4A with other Cen-Tex schools...sometimes things work out that way..if the UIL gives you a raw deal..the only thing you can do is suck it up and play