PDA

View Full Version : Way to pick em Jerry

burnet44
05-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Quincy Carter Struggling With His af2 Responsibilities

Because being employed by the Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings wasn't enough to hammer convince Quincy Carter that he needs to pull it together, the Battle Wings have suspended him two games for missing team meetings.

Myself, I'm a little surprised that af2 teams even have team meetings. Are they like support group meetings? Is everyone sitting around discussing how they couldn't cut it in NFL Europa, the Canadian league, and the big leagues of Arena Football? I'm just curious.

Quincy Carter, if you don't recall his brief but glorious tenure as a Dallas Cowboy, threw 32 career TDs against 32 career INTs before running into all sorts of drug problems. He had ranked an impressive 4th in af2 in passing efficiency, with a 117.9 rating, trailing J.J. Raterink, Ryan Vena, and former Rutgers superstar Ryan Hart. The Battle Wings, much to their credit, won without Carter last night, beating the Manchester Wolves 62-52.

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/05/carterhuddle.jpg

crzyjournalist03
05-21-2007, 02:41 PM
The poor guy...he might be the greatest waste of potential this side of Tony Mandrich.

I'm not saying he was a stud; but considering how little he seemed to care, he performed at an average clip in the NFL. Had he put forth effort and dedicated himself to the NFL, he might very well still be starting somewhere.

Emerson1
05-21-2007, 03:44 PM
There was an article in the DMN about him. Talked about how he was scared of any competition, anytime the cowboys brought someone in he assumed they would just beat him out for the job.

injuredinmelee
05-21-2007, 04:42 PM
why is that I think of the Will Farrel character in Blades of Glory when he is performing in the childrens ice show when i read this story?