PDA

View Full Version : What makes you happy

luvhoops34
05-21-2007, 12:05 AM
I'm happy when.......

These are in no particular order

My laptop works and I can get online.

It's basketball season and playoff time.

I'm driving my dually, shifting gears and jamming to the radio or a cd. Definitely not the same in a car.

Can you say ROAD TRIP! They are the ultimate fun. Back in the day, when I was skinny and not bad on the eyes, me and my g/f would ditch our husbands and go to Oklahoma City for the World Quarter Horse show. We loaded up all of our starched and pressed Rockies, several ice chests for beer and other necessities and headed up I-35 in my Cadillac. Every morning we would dude up, fix our hair and makeup and off we'd go to see and be seen. Way too much fun.

I'm riding one of my horses up in the Hill Country on some little ol' trail or in the creek.

I'm sitting under the big oak trees at the Rafter 7 Ranch with a big camp fire and a cold drink in my hand, listening to Montel Creek rushing by and watching the moon come up over the hills.

I'm working cattle with my leopard dogs in some god forsaken place in South Texas. Because the only time we got the call was when everyone else had failed. We had some of the most bad ass dogs in the country. Lots of good times.

I'm swimming in the blue hole on Montel creek. Jumping off the ledge into the deep, blue water. Nothing like it in the world.

I'm drinking a rum and coke with a squeeze of lime.

I'm with my daughter and grandbaby. Doesn't matter what we're doing.

I'm reading a good book. If I'm not online I'm usually reading.

luvhoops34
05-21-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm at my sisters watching her and my brother in law get stoned and them trying to convert me to their liberal way of thinking.

I'm sitting at the Dewees Store, drinking rum and coke of course. Visiting with all of my neighbors and catching up on all the local gossip.

I'm eating a taco and drinking ice tea at Circle G in Poth. Watching all the kids come in for lunch and figuring out who is who's younger brother, sister, or cousin.

My husband goes to bed and I can watch what I want to on TV.

Walking on the River Walk when all the xmas lights are up.

I can see a baby horse for the first time and be able to to get up to it and rub it all over and put my arms around it.

I can watch the NBA playoffs at my daughters house on her 62" tv that I didn't have to pay for.

my riding lawnmower starts with no problems.

I'm dancing to a polka or western swing at one of the great outdoor dance halls, like Criders or Floores. Back in the day we would go three or four times a week either to the Farmers Daughter, the Crystal Chandelier or the Bluebonnet Palace. I just aged the hell out of myself. Any of yall remember The Roundup at Skidmore?

I'm eating fried or boiled shrimp. mmm, mmmm, good!

When all of the blue bonnets are blooming.

I'm listening to my crazy g/f try to rationalize her irrational behavior.

Listening to my grandbaby laugh on my cell phone.

I'm playing yahoo pool with my bud. You know who you are.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-21-2007, 12:09 AM
Poetry, a nice tall glass of Scotch, and of course my friend Baxter.

DU_stud04
05-21-2007, 12:23 AM
friendly girls.
guitar
music
good food
girls that can cook
money
sports
being cool(temperature wise)

just a few things that make me happy

pirate4state
05-21-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Poetry, a nice tall glass of Scotch, and of course my friend Baxter. ROFL!

pirate4state
05-21-2007, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I'm listening to my crazy g/f try to rationalize her irrational behavior. hahaha - this makes you happy? ;) :D

I'll have to sleep on this question and get back to you later today

piratebg
05-21-2007, 01:58 AM
Spending time with my kids.

Actually being able to go watch a sporting event in person.

Honesty, even though it can hurt I'm happier when I know I'm not being lied to.

Tropical Punch Kool-Aid.

luvhoops34
05-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
hahaha - this makes you happy? ;) :D

I'll have to sleep on this question and get back to you later today

You would have to know my girl fren....

SWMustang
05-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Going back to Sweetwater for a reason other than a funeral. Sitting on my grandmother's back porch right around dusk and listening to the locusts chirp. No better feeling than that.