PDA

View Full Version : Commerce vs La Grange

eye of the tiger
12-22-2001, 01:59 AM
I dont know how to describe how good it feels. The win wasnt pretty, but it was a win and it feels great. La Grange,except for a couple of plays, shut down the Tigers. Ryan Coffey 26 yd run set up by a fumble recovery and Tommy Wright a 67 yd touchdown run. Offensively the rest of the game was all La Grange. La Grange controled the clock and moved the ball well. We never stopped them outside. The Tiger defense made a few key plays when needed. Hats off to the Leopards, the best disciplined team I have ever seen. And major kudos to the La Grange fans. Many stayed and applauded at the trophy presentation. Hold your heads high, you are champions too in my book. And to the Tigers. Thanks guys. It is grand altogether.

bohemian
12-22-2001, 11:15 AM
Thank you eye of the tiger. Commerce made the plays that they had to make. And that's what makes a champion. It was a great game!

Rabbit93
12-22-2001, 01:35 PM
EYE congrats to your school and town on the win. You've been nothing but class on this board. you're to be commended as well. see ya next year.
TIGERS NEVER QUIT!!!!
GO RABBITS

zztop
12-24-2001, 08:45 AM
Commerce made so many key plays in the game that prevented LG to get first downs. 4th down conversions really hurt - but it is a reflection of how good the tiger's defense is.
congratulations Commerce on a state championship. you guys played your hearts out.
and to LG...what a an exciting ride you guys gave us this year. it was almost more than we could stand, but wouldnt trade any of it. good luck to you, especially to the seniors, as you leave the friendly confines of LG in the near future. dont ever forget just how lucky you were to have been a Leopard!!!
zz