PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs. Bellville Game 3

JasperDog94
05-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Jasper up 2-0 after 4 innings.

JasperDog94
05-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Jasper 3 outs away from this one. Still up 2-0 going to the bottom of the 6th.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-19-2007, 08:43 PM
how did Jasper do last year in baseball?

JasperDog94
05-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
how did Jasper do last year in baseball? I'm not real sure. I've slept since then...:doh:

setxsports
05-19-2007, 08:57 PM
3-0 Jasper in the 6th.

JasperDog94
05-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Going to the 7th, Jasper up 3-0.

JasperDog94
05-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Jasper wins game 3 by the score of 3-0.

Next up is Lufkin Hudson.

bevo
05-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Congratulations Dogs!!!

JasperDog94
05-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by bevo
Congratulations Dogs!!! Hey Bevo. Good to see you again.

sinton66
05-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Congrats Bulldogs.

Bull's-eye
05-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Congratulations to Jasper!

Ya'll got anymore room on that "band wagon"? Good luck in your quest for that state crown.

pirate4state
05-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Congrats 'dawgs!!! :thumbsup:

JasperDog94
05-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Congratulations to Jasper!

Ya'll got anymore room on that "band wagon"? Good luck in your quest for that state crown. lol. We're not turning any fans away, if that's what you're asking.:)

Bull's-eye
05-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Congratulations to Bellville for a great season! Those Brahmas did better than expected and also turned a few heads. The future is bright with that young pitching staff.

Bull's-eye
05-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
lol. We're not turning any fans away, if that's what you're asking.:)

With my team out of the playoffs, I need a team to follow.

j_dog
05-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Come on board! We are going to need all the help, and luck we can get from here on out. :)

j_dog
05-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Congrats to the Dogs on winning. And congrats to Bellville for making it to this level. :) :clap:

j_dog
05-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Strange how things worked out after all the talk about Bellville's two lefty pitchers and Jasper's pitchers. Thursday Jasper started and lost with who might be considered its number three starter. Then today started and pitched who might be considered the number four starter for seven innings in the "second" game, then in the third game pitched him for the three more innings allowed by the UIL rules. Ellis said he was ready to go 14 innings! :) Now they are calling him "Iron Man"! :) :clap:

I guess this just shows that Jasper has a bit of depth at pitching. :)

Astrosdawg07
05-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Strange how things worked out after all the talk about Bellville's two lefty pitchers and Jasper's pitchers. Thursday Jasper started and lost with who might be considered its number three starter. Then today started and pitched who might be considered the number four starter for seven innings in the "second" game, then in the third game pitched him for the three more innings allowed by the UIL rules. Ellis said he was ready to go 14 innings! :) Now they are calling him "Iron Man"! :) :clap:

I guess this just shows that Jasper has a bit of depth at pitching. :)

Ya but I don't think they have enought to get by a very tough Hudson team...

j_dog
05-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Ya but I don't think they have enought to get by a very tough Hudson team...
After watching Hudson burn the hide all the ball last night against Groesbeck, I agree. :( Jasper beat Hudson maybe 2-1 or so early in the season. I don't see that working this time around. Hudson's hitting is on fire right now. Their pitching may still be a weak spot though. Remember they beat Waco Robinson last week in the third game 29-19 in six innings! :eek:

Not only will Jasper's pitching have to be nearly perfect, their bats will have to be working also!

shankbear
05-19-2007, 11:31 PM
j_dog....good to see the Dawgs came back in the series for the win. BC did the same. BC had to use a pitcher from way down on the roster. No starts in district and he came out and worked 6 great innings. Cards get Carthage next. HOLY COW!!!!!!!

j_dog
05-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
j_dog....good to see the Dawgs came back in the series for the win. BC did the same. BC had to use a pitcher from way down on the roster. No starts in district and he came out and worked 6 great innings. Cards get Carthage next. HOLY COW!!!!!!!
Shank, you know what they say. Anything can happen in a one game playoff, and ALSO in a three game series! ;)

I feel better for BC against Carthage than I do for Jasper against Hudson. I saw Hudson last night, and they can smash the ball! :( If there were any easy teams left, they are gone now. It is going to be murder for all teams from here on out.

bevo
05-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Hey Bevo. Good to see you again.

Thanks JD94. Sorry that I didn't reply earlier. Had to run...am at work here in Alaska. Keeping up with the DOWNLOW is just about the only way that I can keep up with all of the scores throughout the season and playoffs...with all of the teams in all of the sports! No, I don't post much...but definately keep up on things from time to time. It's really a great board!

Hudson is always a tough bunch a guys year in and year out. They were when I played against them too. Hope the Dogs can go all the way...but it should be a good series.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Strange how things worked out after all the talk about Bellville's two lefty pitchers and Jasper's pitchers. Thursday Jasper started and lost with who might be considered its number three starter. Then today started and pitched who might be considered the number four starter

Bellvilles two are young 9th and 10th grade, they both did a great job for the Brahmas, and got some good 3rd round experience this year. If Jasper pitched their 3rd and 4th pitchers it looks like they have good depth at pitching. What happend to the 1st and 2nd pitcher?
Good luck the rest of they way!!!!!

j_dog
05-20-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellvilles two are young 9th and 10th grade, they both did a great job for the Brahmas, and got some good 3rd round experience this year. If Jasper pitched their 3rd and 4th pitchers it looks like they have good depth at pitching. What happend to the 1st and 2nd pitcher?
Good luck the rest of they way!!!!!
The number two finished the last four innings of game three, and closed out the final innings in game one. The number one had a stiff shoulder or something, but was available if needed. Fortunately, he was not needed to pitch and got some greatly needed pitching rest. He still played all three games at short. Hopefully he will be ready to go against Hudson. Jasper will need him for sure against those guys.

Bull19
05-20-2007, 12:30 PM
CONGRATS TO JASPER....

ALSO CONGRATS TO THE BELLVILLE TEAM ON A GOOD YEAR, HECK I DIDNT EVEN SEE THEM MAKING THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR.....JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW CERNY CAN TAKE VERY YOUNG AVERAGE TEAMS AND TAKE THEM TO THE PLAYOFFS.