PDA

View Full Version : Huntington vs Splendora Softball

Reds fan
05-19-2007, 03:09 PM
UIL website has posted Huntington 1 Splendora 0.

If this is correct then the road to State from Reg III does not go through Splendora after all.

Any updates on Giddings-Robinson today?

Bull19
05-19-2007, 04:08 PM
:clap: :clap:

pirate4state
05-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan

If this is correct then the road to State from Reg III does not go through Splendora after all.

I posted the game article on the softball thread that is stickied.

Congrats to Huntington!! :clap:

mistanice
05-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Way to go Huntington making 20-3a proud!

Reds fan
05-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I posted the game article on the softball thread that is stickied.

Congrats to Huntington!! :clap:

Sorry about missing that post P4s!

3afan
05-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Huntington SheDevils ???

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
Huntington SheDevils ???
I like that better. :D Devilettes is what their jerseys say.

pirate4state
05-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Sorry about missing that post P4s! no problem...i only posted it at 1 in the morning :crazy1: :crazy1:

buff4life
05-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Giddings won in two...2-1 and 4-3...

3aSoftball4Mom
05-20-2007, 12:15 PM

Your right Red. Looks like a lot of pre-season and post season predictions were incorrect. One just never knows, what's going to happen. I'm sure Splendora is in shock. Not a good feeling for those girls.:(

Good luck to Giddings on the next round!:clap: :clap:

Reds fan
05-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Not much info was ever out there about Huntington. I wonder who won the toss for a one game series or if both agreed on that?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-20-2007, 07:22 PM

If this is correct then the road to State from Reg III does not go through Splendora

290 through Giddings District 23aaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTEXDAD
05-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom
I'm sure Splendora is in shock. Not a good feeling for those girls.:(

Good luck to Giddings on the next round!:clap: :clap:

Not sure what happened.
similar to last year when Barbers Hill knocked spendora out in regional finals.
Spendora had beaten BH twice in district and was one of the favorites along with Columbia to win it all at that point of season.

3aSoftball4Mom
05-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Not much info was ever out there about Huntington. I wonder who won the toss for a one game series or if both agreed on that?

What I heard was that Huntington won the toss and wanted only one game.

Here are two posts from another board (unknown source) that explained the game.

Great game. Ends 1-0 in Huntingtons favor on a really close call at the plate. From my vantage point it appeared that the Splendora catcher applied the tag before the girl got her hand in. Splendora only got 2 hits on the night and both were from the same girl. Tough to win when you don't get hits.

and

This was a great playoff game. Both teams had to overcome some poor situations and for the most part did. In the top of the 5th Huntington hit the best shot they had all night to right, read well and put in glove, but was not brought down for the out. She later scored on a long sac fly to center.

In the bottom of the 6th with 2, 3, and 4 coming up to the plate Splendora had their chance when Weldon reached on a dropped pop up by the Huntington 3rd baseman. She stole 2nd and reached thrid when the throw went into the ourfield. The next two hitters just did not get it done.

Reds fan
05-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Proof positive that you never know what will happen this far into the playoffs, especially in a one game situation.

3aSoftball4Mom
05-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Proof positive that you never know what will happen this far into the playoffs, especially in a one game situation.

So true!!!

when we played them in the first game of our series, they had several errors in their infield, which from what we heard of this "power house team", never happens much.
We were up 2-0 until the 6th and 7th when they tied up the game.
Then in the bottom of the 10th, almost three hours later, an error in the IF and an error in the OF resulted in our loss. We left more than several runners on bases during the game.
That was a huge let down to the girls and I don't think they recovered from it when the next game started. They had developed a no quit attitude during the year and had several 7th inning come backs, but I don't think all of the girls came back from this one.
If we had won that first game, who knows what would have happened in the second game, but we didn't and the rest is history.

You don't ever know what those 14-18 year old are thinking or feeling. Just think about how they are at home!!! lol yikers!!!!!

They can be great one minute then watch out the next!
:D :D

BTEXDAD
05-22-2007, 09:02 AM
We were up 2-0 until the 6th and 7th when they tied up the game.
Then in the bottom of the 10th, almost three hours later, an error in the IF and an error in the OF resulted in our loss. We left more than several runners on bases during the game.
That was a huge let down to the girls and I don't think they recovered from it when the next game started. They had developed a no quit attitude during the year and had several 7th inning come backs, but I don't think all of the girls came back from this one.
If we had won that first game, who knows what would have happened in the second game, but we didn't and the rest is history.

You don't ever know what those 14-18 year old are thinking or feeling. Just think about how they are at home!!! lol yikers!!!!!

They can be great one minute then watch out the next!
:D :D

Don't think i've posted this b4, but comment i heard from a football ref was that coaching high school sports is most challenging job in the world. Your whole career depends on how teenagers perform on the field/court/track.
Then, the coach gets blamed if kids aren't focused because they're simply in a bad mood, or thinking about girlfriend, boyfriend or parties, instead of the game/match/meet.

Good luck to giddings softball against Huntington. From the few games I saw Lady Buffs play, they seem to really WANT to win. It's hard to keep kids focused with school winding down, but hopefully Giddings can keep their intensity up for another couple weeks.

3aSoftball4Mom
05-22-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Don't think i've posted this b4, but comment i heard from a football ref was that coaching high school sports is most challenging job in the world. Your whole career depends on how teenagers perform on the field/court/track.
Then, the coach gets blamed if kids aren't focused because they're simply in a bad mood, or thinking about girlfriend, boyfriend or parties, instead of the game/match/meet.

Good luck to giddings softball against Huntington. From the few games I saw Lady Buffs play, they seem to really WANT to win. It's hard to keep kids focused with school winding down, but hopefully Giddings can keep their intensity up for another couple weeks.

Def. agree with that! my ***SIL is a HS FB coach. OC for two years now and is still very young. At La Marque last fall got blamed by a parent for QB getting arrested at 2:30 am!!!! Coaches weren't holding the reins tight enough on the boy!

Good luck Giddings Lady Buffs and Stay focused!!

***SIL--son-in-law (for Rita) :D :D

pirate4state
05-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Def. agree with that! my SIL is a HS FB coach. OC for two years now and is still very young. At La Marque last fall and got blamed by a parent for QB getting arrested at 2:30 am!!!! Coaches weren't holding the reins tight enough on the boy!

Good luck Giddings Lady Buffs and Stay focused!!

hahahaha I immediately assumed SIL stood for sister-in-law, but now that I think about it it is probably son-in-law! :doh: :doh:

I am totally still asleep!!!

LH Panther Mom
05-22-2007, 09:57 AM
At La Marque last fall got blamed by a parent for QB getting arrested at 2:30 am!!!! Coaches weren't holding the reins tight enough on the boy!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Yeah, let's blame the coaches for parents not doing their jobs. :doh: :dispntd: