PDA

View Full Version : Can you say Western Conference Finals????

luvhoops34
05-18-2007, 11:26 PM
How bout them Spurs!:D

kepdawg
05-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Go Jazz!

KTA
05-18-2007, 11:36 PM
After this last series I think im not going to cheer for the spurs anymore (Texas team or not). I agree with Kep..go Jazz.

Rabbit'93
05-18-2007, 11:37 PM
go jazz

Maroon87
05-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Spurs, baby!!:clap:

Snyder_TigerFan
05-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by KTA
After this last series I think im not going to cheer for the spurs anymore (Texas team or not). I agree with Kep..go Jazz.

Don't like tough-hardnosed defense huh?

Go Spurs!

DU_stud04
05-18-2007, 11:40 PM
lets go spurs!!! :)

DDBooger
05-18-2007, 11:40 PM
go spurs:clap:

kepdawg
05-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Boo Spurs!

Go Jazz!

Snyder_TigerFan
05-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Go http://boards.brownpride.com/images/bpsmilies/nba/spurs.gif Go!

Gobbler Fan
05-18-2007, 11:46 PM
Go SPURS Go :cool:

sinton66
05-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Go Spurs

Fal44
05-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Jazz baby! but the spurs will win :(...

kaorder1999
05-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Western Conference Finals....yeah...i can say it

SintonFan
05-19-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by KTA
Root for who you want to. Seems like whoever yall root for lose.:inlove: :D :p

KTA
05-19-2007, 01:45 AM
Don't like tough-hardnosed defense huh?

I just dont like the extra treatment they received

JR2004
05-19-2007, 01:51 AM
Time to root for the far, far lesser of two evils and cheer for Detroit now that Phoenix is done. Utah should beat them up fairly well before they get to Detroit.

GreenMachine
05-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Glad to be done with those "cry baby" Suns and coach. Now if we could just do something with these "cry baby" posters. "I'm not going to root for these mean Spurs. They are so dirty and unfair" :rolleyes:

KTA
05-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Bowen is dirty, sure he plays great D but some of the other things he does are dirty. Believe it or not the Suns would of won that series if those one sided suspensions wouldnt of happend. Duncan left the bench during an altercation and nothing happend to him, and what about the knee to Nashs growing area? And Bowen kicking at his foot early in the series just happend to be a "freak occurence"...yeah right. The money in Vegas was on the Spurs and thats who the league made sure won...leagues not rigged? What happend in the Finals last year?

bandera7
05-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Im just going to say it now...you are dumb. What happened last year is the Mavs choked, plain and simple. Nothing to do with the heat cheating, the Mavs didnt finish.

As for this year...man if the Suns were so good with Amare they would have beaten us last night. The point is the Suns had their chances and they didnt execute that is all there is to it. Stop being a baby, just because your team sucks.

DDBooger
05-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by KTA
Bowen is dirty, sure he plays great D but some of the other things he does are dirty. Believe it or not the Suns would of won that series if those one sided suspensions wouldnt of happend. Duncan left the bench during an altercation and nothing happend to him, and what about the knee to Nashs growing area? And Bowen kicking at his foot early in the series just happend to be a "freak occurence"...yeah right. The money in Vegas was on the Spurs and thats who the league made sure won...leagues not rigged? What happend in the Finals last year? well geez if the league was rigged how come the mavs were ousted so early:confused: let me guess, a new deal where the nba wants underdogs with lil fanbase and chance to win it all to continue? or could it be that they just lost? i dunno? i :thinking: lol

District303aPastPlayer
05-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
Im just going to say it now...you are dumb. What happened last year is the Mavs choked, plain and simple. Nothing to do with the heat cheating, the Mavs didnt finish.

As for this year...man if the Suns were so good with Amare they would have beaten us last night. The point is the Suns had their chances and they didnt execute that is all there is to it. Stop being a baby, just because your team sucks.

why i hate spurs fans

KTA
05-19-2007, 10:58 AM
and only IDIOTS resort to name calling when trying to make a rebuttle. Im not calling you names, im just stating the obvious. Did I ever say the heat cheated? Please quote me in saying that! But if you watched the series last year no way in h-e-double hockey stick was the officiating in Miami fair. There were fouls called with nobody even being touched on numerous occasions.

man if the Suns were so good with Amare they would have beaten us last night.

One this shows your a biased HOMER..."US" so how many points did you score in last nights game?` Its called home court advantage, the Spurs won one THEIR home court...period. The Suns got home court taken away when Mr Stern suspended those two players...and they still almost won that game.

ALSO Stoudemire scored 38 points, and 12 rebounds in game 6, you dont think that would of been a big difference in game 5?

Stop being a baby, just because your team sucks

stop being a one sided homer whos eyes are closed to the obvious. I was pulling for the Spurs when this series started (them being the last Texas team), but after seeing what happend I cant pull for a team who won like that...know your facts instead of assuming you know everything about somebody before you start letting your mouth run off!

sinton66
05-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Does anyone remember Charles Barkley elbowing an opponent in an Olympic game a few years ago? Occasional dirty shots are apparently a part of the game. I didn't approve then or now, but, that's the way it goes.

Fact is, Suns had both of their players back last night while Horry was still suspended. They didn't take advantage of it. In all sports, it's the final score that gets recorded.

If you choose to no longer support the Spurs, that's your right, but don't expect other Spurs fans to apologize for following them, ain't gonna happen.

We don't need to resort to name calling, do we?

KTA
05-19-2007, 11:49 AM
True, but horry is no Stoudemire or for that matter Diaw. Missing those two in one game hurt them alot more then the Spurs not having horry. Duncan stepped off the bench during one altercation and nothing happend to him....if your going to enforce the rules do it everytime, it would of only been fair.

If you choose to no longer support the Spurs, that's your right, but don't expect other Spurs fans to apologize for following them, ain't gonna happen.

I was just voicing MY opinion, I could care less if they are spurs fans or NY Yankee fans. When did I ever ask for an apology? Luvhoops is one of my close friends, and shes a Spurs fan we can argue all day (havent yet about this series) but she wouldnt result in name calling. I was just explaining why I could not pull for them anymore in MY opinion.

Oh yeah Booger they just lost...period no excuses

On a side note I was worried about Dallas having to play the Suns if they advanced because the Suns at full strength were the best team in the entire league....period

sinton66
05-19-2007, 12:06 PM
I totally understand what you're saying, and the name calling thing was aimed at the other poster, not you.

because the Suns at full strength were the best team in the entire league....period

This is at best an arguable point. They were at full strength in this last game, were they not? I'm just saying Spurs fans are not going to agree with you on any of your points and you shouldn't expect them to.

DDBooger
05-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by KTA
True, but horry is no Stoudemire or for that matter Diaw. Missing those two in one game hurt them alot more then the Spurs not having horry. Duncan stepped off the bench during one altercation and nothing happend to him....if your going to enforce the rules do it everytime, it would of only been fair.

I was just voicing MY opinion, I could care less if they are spurs fans or NY Yankee fans. When did I ever ask for an apology? Luvhoops is one of my close friends, and shes a Spurs fan we can argue all day (havent yet about this series) but she wouldnt result in name calling. I was just explaining why I could not pull for them anymore in MY opinion.

On a side note I was worried about Dallas having to play the Suns if they advanced because the Suns at full strength were the best team in the entire league....period should the pistons play the spurs for the championship it could get rowdy! i don't think utah takes 2 games, but as golden state proved, it's possible.

luvhoops34
05-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by KTA

Oh yea, dipstick? :D :D :D :D :D ;)

Gobbler Fan
05-19-2007, 02:27 PM
:bigcry: :evillol: I'm taking my ball and going home the big bad Spur's are playing defense when everyone else in the NBA lets the Suns score 110-120 points a game . :p Get over it ....Go Spurs Go !

KTA
05-19-2007, 02:49 PM
some of yall fail to remember I was at one time pulling for the spurs. Im not upset at what the spurs did, im upset at what the league failed to do. If the league is going to let a team get away with these things I can not pull for them.

They were at full strength in this last game, were they not?

Yes, but they were also the road team. SA was supposed to win that game, and they did.

nice lil article from espn http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2875736

sinton66
05-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Yes, but they were also the road team. SA was supposed to win that game, and they did.

So, does this not mean that the Spurs were in fact the better team? Everybody knows SA is a tough team to beat at home. Phoenix knew they HAD to win that one or they were eliminated. I can't see any better motivating factor than that. I'm not asking you to support the Spurs, I have no dog in the fight, I really don't care for pumkinball and usually will only watch the finals if there is a Texas team there. All I'm saying is if Phoenix really was that good, they would have found a way to stay in it. That's just basic sports (all kinds) isn't it?

KTA
05-19-2007, 03:49 PM
no, home teams are supposed to win on there home court...period Thats why the teams with the better records get rewarded with home court advantage...which david stern took away

GreenMachine
05-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Man, some of ya'll are so ignorant. The suspensions did nothing to this series. If Amare is that good how come they still lost 3 of the 4 games he played. The Spurs are just flat out better!!! Check the Suns and Spurs head up record over the past 3 seasons. The Suns coach said they would win because they were more talented. Ha Ha Ha. I am not saying the Suns are not talented, but the Spurs are more talented right now. I would take Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker over ANY three of the Suns. Yes, even Nash.

KTA
05-19-2007, 04:10 PM
they also won 2 with him (almost won one without him) which would of resulted in a game 7. If the Spurs would of won that game 7 I would of admited they were better, BUT David Stern took any chance of that happening out of the equation. If somebody said "hey ill give you the suns in a 3 game series (5, 6, and possibly 7), but you gotta play one without Stoudemire" I'd say they were crazy. Some of yall say he "aint that good" but yall fail ro realize he was their LEADING SCORER. Thats like saying the Bulls would of beat the Jazz in game 6 without Jordan, or the Lakers would of won without Kobe...Sure Shaq was there, but they didnt win with just Shaq alone.

GreenMachine
05-19-2007, 04:16 PM
But Stern took that away :bigcry: If Amare had been in game 5 that would have just meant that Marion would have been absent, like he was in game 6.

KTA
05-19-2007, 04:28 PM
this will be my final post on this thread because all you spurs fans will argue you are the best until your red in the face, and im tired of arguing with yall....you guys "win" your the greatest:rolleyes:

GreenMachine
05-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by KTA
this will be my final post on this thread because all you spurs fans will argue you are the best until your red in the face, and im tired of arguing with yall....you guys "win" your the greatest:rolleyes: :clap: :p :clap: :p

JR2004
05-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by KTA
this will be my final post on this thread because all you spurs fans will argue you are the best until your red in the face, and im tired of arguing with yall....you guys "win" your the greatest:rolleyes:

You're arguing with the 2nd most ignorant fan base in the WWE, although they're really giving Celtics fans a run for their money for the top spot. You won't get anywhere with 99 percent of them because they see what their team does as good, clean basketball. The majority of impartial fans who have no rooting interest one way or the other see otherwise, but getting that through to them here, or anywhere else for that matter, is a futile effort.

kaorder1999
05-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Spurs Fans = Gracious Losers and HORRIBLE winners

but hey...in their defense...they do win

GreenMachine
05-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Most impartial sportscasters have said that the Spurs are a better team, not dirty, and play GREAT defense. They have also said that this whole "dirty" thing has been blown out of proportion. The media just want their "darling" Suns in the NBA finals, because of their up-tempo style. Well, the Spurs showed them something about up-tempo basketball.

JR2004
05-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Most impartial sportscasters have said that the Spurs are a better team, not dirty, and play GREAT defense. They have also said that this whole "dirty" thing has been blown out of proportion. The media just want their "darling" Suns in the NBA finals, because of their up-tempo style. Well, the Spurs showed them something about up-tempo basketball.

Case in point...

SintonFan
05-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by KTA

On a side note I was worried about Dallas having to play the Suns if they advanced because the Suns at full strength were the best team in the entire league....period
Why do you keep saying Duncan came off the bench during an altercation? THERE WAS NO ALTERCATION. Elson fell hard when a Sun's player was under him. What game did you watch?:confused: :p

SintonFan
05-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
You're arguing with the 2nd most ignorant fan base in the WWE, although they're really giving Celtics fans a run for their money for the top spot. You won't get anywhere with 99 percent of them because they see what their team does as good, clean basketball. The majority of impartial fans who have no rooting interest one way or the other see otherwise, but getting that through to them here, or anywhere else for that matter, is a futile effort.
Some Mavs fans= unwarranted arrogance.:p
JR2004=phallic envy:D :p

DDBooger
05-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
JR2004=phallic envy:D :p i thought he was unbiased:confused:

sinton66
05-19-2007, 06:27 PM
I don't think there is such a thing.;)

DDBooger
05-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I don't think there is such a thing.;) :clap:

JR2004
05-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
JR2004=phallic envy:D :p

Case in point #2.

SintonFan
05-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Case in point #2.
I just thought I'd help.:D

Emerson1
05-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Amare didn't even stay after the game to shake hands, went right to the locker room.

Emerson1
05-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Did anyone see the 'Miked Up' segment last night with Mike Dan'Toni?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcRnjfUt_Gw

Phil C
05-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Go Spurs!

JasperDog94
05-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Man, some of ya'll are so ignorant.....If Amare is that good how come they still lost 3 of the 4 games he played. lol, he played in 5 games, not 4.:doh: :doh: :doh: You might want to get your facts straight before you call someone ignorant.

JasperDog94
05-19-2007, 10:06 PM
I understand where each side is coming from. Bowen's defense is great if you're a Spurs fan and dirty if you're not.

That said I will be rooting for the Spurs, because no self respecting Rocket's fan would be caught dead rooting for the Jazz.:)

pirate4state
05-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Go Spurs Go??? :D

SintonFan
05-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Did anyone see the 'Miked Up' segment last night with Mike Dan'Toni?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcRnjfUt_Gw
roflmao!!!
Wait! I gotta wipe a tear outta my eye.:clap: :clap: :cheerl: