PDA

View Full Version : does anyone smoke premium cigars?

pirate44
05-18-2007, 04:03 PM
favorite brands, sizes, etc.? I'm really diggin Cigar Afficianado. i might get a subscription. :thinking:

big daddy russ
05-18-2007, 05:28 PM
My favorite brands that you can buy here in America are Avos and Davidoffs. I have a humidor stocked with Avo No. 2's in my apartment right now.

The best, though, is getting a Cuban. I'm not as big on the Dominican Cohibas, but a Cuban Cohiba is the best cigar I've ever tried. Actually just got into Cubans... just had my first one ever about three or four years ago... but have since smoked Cohibas, Hoyo De Monterreys, Romeo y Julietas, and Montecristos from Cuba.

When I went to Mexico, I never bothered buying Cubans because I didn't think the cigar would warrant the higher price.

As far as specific cigars, it depends on my mood. My favorite all-around, everyday cigars are no. 2's, but I also like Maduros and Churchills quite a bit and will get one or the other from time to time. Like I said, tons of differences in those cigars, but it's kind of the same as sometimes being in the mood for an amber beer (Shiner Bock), sometimes going with a light beer or lager (Budweiser), and sometimes going with a pale ale (Sierra Nevada). I still enjoy drinking them all, I just prefer the amber on a day-to-day basis.

It's good to find another cigar smoker on the DL.