PDA

View Full Version : It is official

GreenMonster
05-18-2007, 03:02 PM
I am going to be drinking the blue kool-aid for a while. I signed my contract to teach history and coach at WF City View HS. It's a 2A school on the northwest edge of Wichita Falls. I will coach the O-Line, Frosh Hoops, and be the Head Baseball coach. I'm pretty fired up.

LH Panther Mom
05-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Congrats! :clap:

Hey, wait a minute!!! Did you say "HOOPS"? :eek: :eek: ;)

GreenMonster
05-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Congrats! :clap:

Hey, wait a minute!!! Did you say "HOOPS"? :eek: :eek: ;)

Yeah, I have to coach "thump thump" oh well, it could be worse. At least the team I will be inheriting is undefeated in both 7th and 8th grades so far.

Adidas410s
05-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Congrats GM. What district does that put you in? Olney, Seymour, etc?

GreenMonster
05-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Congrats GM. What district does that put you in? Olney, Seymour, etc? Seymour dropped to class A but it's Holliday, Olney, Henrietta, Nocona, Alvord, Chico, Jacksboro, and City View I believe. 8 team district.

44INAROW
05-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Congrats GM - :)

pirate4state
05-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Yeah, I have to coach "thump thump" oh well, it could be worse. At least the team I will be inheriting is undefeated in both 7th and 8th grades so far. Well don't screw it up! :p

Good Luck & Congrats!! :)

Old Tiger
05-18-2007, 03:13 PM
congrats

sww-bull52
05-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Congrats GM. You gonna change your name to "Blue Monster"?

GreenMonster
05-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
Congrats GM. You gonna change your name to "Blue Monster"?

Can I???? What about the Blue Blazer? Any thoughts?

Adidas410s
05-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Can I???? What about the Blue Blazer? Any thoughts?

only if you'll wear a blue blazer while coaching the thump thump team

Adidas410s
05-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Seymour dropped to class A but it's Holliday, Olney, Henrietta, Nocona, Alvord, Chico, Jacksboro, and City View I believe. 8 team district.

Gotcha. I didn't know if Holliday, Olney, etc were in the same district with Alvord, Chico, and Jack. Best of luck to ya! :thumbsup:

Phantom Stang
05-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Congratulations!!
I had no idea you're a coach!!

VWG
05-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Good luck. Turn that baseball program around, it needs help!!

GreenMonster
05-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Good luck. Turn that baseball program around, it needs help!! That's no lie. They were 2 -11 this past year if you count the forfeit. The one and only game that they did actually win was a district game which was the school's first district win in the 6 years it has been open. One of my good friends was the coach last year and he had them on the right track. He's moving over to be Head Hoops so it opened a hole for me to slide into. I think we will be OK. I should at least have a little bit more pitching than what he had coming into this past season. I wish he would stay on as the Assistant because we've coached together before on the diamond and we are a perfect match together. He's strong where I'm weak and vice versa. Together I'd say play-off birth in year 2, without him I think we go in 3 years.

Snyder_TigerFan
05-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Congrats and Good Luck!

smustangs
05-18-2007, 10:45 PM
congrats hope it all works member me in a few years haha

sinton66
05-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Congrats GM, and best of luck! Pumkinball too, eh? ;)

injuredinmelee
05-19-2007, 09:24 AM
I am going to be drinking the blue kool-aid for a while. I signed my contract to teach history and coach at WF City View HS. It's a 2A school on the northwest edge of Wichita Falls. I will coach the O-Line, Frosh Hoops, and be the Head Baseball coach. I'm pretty fired up.

congrats man! Wasnt easy to sit on that informtion i bet. Wasnt easy for me... Will be part of a pretty good district. I will have to add the Mustangs to my list of teams to follow each friday night. Did City View build a new campus when they opened a high schol. Where are the boundary lines? Are they still the same as the 80's-90's/ I know some of the kids had a choice between IP or Hirschi back in the day but I would assume that there is no longer a choice.

GreenMonster
05-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
congrats man! Wasnt easy to sit on that informtion i bet. Wasnt easy for me... Will be part of a pretty good district. I will have to add the Mustangs to my list of teams to follow each friday night. Did City View build a new campus when they opened a high schol. Where are the boundary lines? Are they still the same as the 80's-90's/ I know some of the kids had a choice between IP or Hirschi back in the day but I would assume that there is no longer a choice.

No longer a choice. New HS and Jr Hi (combined under 1 roof) that is located on City View Drive like the old school just on the other side of the street and on down closer to the main highway. It is just 7 years old and this will be their 6th varsity season. You can see the new school from 287 as you cross City View Drive just on the IP side of the old LaVista Country Club. Their boundary lines did not change. North of 287 they go all the way to Bacon Switch and east as far as I-44 and west as far as the eastern side of Wellington Rd. South of 287 I believe the district runs from Loop 11 (rd in front of LaVista CC) to the eastern side of Wellington as far south as the northern side of FM 367. What's crazy about this is 2 kids that live directly across the street from each other on Wellington Rd will go to 2 different districts. West side of the rd addresses go to IP, east side of the rd addresses go to WF City View.

hawkfan
05-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I have to coach "thump thump" oh well, it could be worse. At least the team I will be inheriting is undefeated in both 7th and 8th grades so far.

Congrats on the job. I know CV is in good hands. Just if your Basketball teams win everything in sight don't think you know everything. I work with a coach who took his hoops team to the regional tourn. his first year and he said to himself "This coaching stuff is pretty easy". His real education began the next year when all those guys graduated. Are yall coming to Coaching school in Fort Worth?. If so I'll see you there.

GreenMonster
05-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by hawkfan
Are yall coming to Coaching school in Fort Worth?.

No, not coming. We're going to Ruidoso, NM for 3 or 4 days instead. New AD and a mostly new staff so he wants to use that time to build comraderie amongst the staff while having meetings in the morning to be productive. Should be fun and I hope to learn quite a bit in the process. We are going to report to "work" on the 3rd of August to get everything ready to go for practice to start the 6th. I do plan on trying to make some of the Oil Bowl Clinic in WF though. Are you coming in for any of that this year?

hawkfan
05-19-2007, 12:45 PM
No, not coming. We're going to Ruidoso, NM for 3 or 4 days instead. New AD and a mostly new staff so he wants to use that time to build comraderie amongst the staff while having meetings in the morning to be productive. Should be fun and I hope to learn quite a bit in the process. We are going to report to "work" on the 3rd of August to get everything ready to go for practice to start the 6th. I do plan on trying to make some of the Oil Bowl Clinic in WF though. Are you coming in for any of that this year?

No, not this year. We are going to the big one and I am getting pretty excited to watch Coach Nelms coach one of the all-star teams. Whose y'alls new coach?

JR2004
05-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Unless there's a new administration there, I have no respect whatsoever for the folks who run things at City View. They ran an old coach of mine off not too long ago for a completely ridiculous reason. At least he didn't have to move too far to get a good job after the stupid fiasco he went through with some of those folks.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Congrats Clint, make FANTOM proud.