View Full Version : Rice Consolidated-Cuero Preview

Matthew328
09-03-2003, 09:36 AM
Rice Consolidated (1-0) vs Cuero (0-0)
7:30 Friday, Cuero
Last Year: RC 28 Cuero 6; RC 28 Cuero 13

Key Players: Rice Cons. RB Michael Spears, RB Charles Huffman
Cuero RB Justin Robinson, DE Dakota Williams

About Rice Cons.: The Raiders rolled over an overmatched East Bernard squad last week, Spears and Co. in the backfield combined for 392 yards rushing...

About Cuero: the Gobblers lost twice last year to RC and they'll be looking to start off on a good note..Cuero is young however and they may be a year away...

Overall: RC is experience and fast....Cuero is young but talented..I think RC takes em this week but keep an eye on Cuero later in the year..RC by 14

Gobbla2001
09-03-2003, 09:41 AM
Pretty accurate preview, Matt...

The Squad RC has this year played together last year... I think we've gotten better since last year, accually, but now Rice is VERY comfortable with themselves and they mean business...

I hope we can pull out a W, and I believe we can, but we'll just have to see Friday...

The cool thing is, we're only starting four seniors, so I was REALLY impressed with our younger guys in our three scrimmages...

If not this year, next year for sure...

Gobbla2001
09-03-2003, 09:48 AM
Oh, and a little PS.

I'd expect Justin Robinson to be doing his damage at MLB and not as much as an RB (though he'll prolly touch the ball a few times)...

The only thing I don't know about us right now is which QB is starting, both have great arms and good mobility... I don't believe there will be a contro. or anything starting up, but they're both pretty dern good..

Dang, I'm excited about Friday...

Pudlugger
09-03-2003, 11:10 AM
Good luck to the Gobblers Friday night, I think they might surprise some people this year. :)

Old Green
09-03-2003, 01:01 PM
Gobbla is right look for Robinson 6'1" 210 to do most of his damage from the linebacker position.The defensive ends Dakota williams6'5" 240 and Matt Rauch6'1 215 have the height and speed to contain the outside.Linebacker Brady Urbanovsky6'2" 215 is also one to watch.
Defensive line will mostly likely be Aaron Seanz 6' 240 extremely fast who missed all of last season due to a knee injury,Tim Basquez, Josh Gujardo,Art Hunter,a adn bEn Mejia.

Safties Will be Schumacher andBrandon Hilbrich Hilbrich.
Strong Safty: Larvell Roy and Casey Harryman
Weak Safty:Zach Gomez
Left Cornerback: Nick Taylor
Right Cornerback: Jeremy Ross, Dewone Williams, and Martell Williams all doing some time in these positions.

Offensive line will be big, strong with some great mobility this year averageing about 6'2" and 241 pounds on the line.Lineman to watch are Ross Nigh 6'5" 255, Ben Mejia 6' 235, Art Hunter 6'2" 240 guard, Bryan Weaver 6'2" 240 Guard,Roy Sierra 6'2' 260 and Center J.T. Rudd 6' 210.

QBs Russ Goebel Sr. and Matt Schumacher Jr. both have good arms,size,speed and the mobility to run if need be.

They have 6 speedy Recievers to go to in passing situations Nick Taylor, Brandon Hilbrich, Martell Williams,Jeremy Ross, Ben Ahrens, Courtney Williams all have made great catches in scrimmages and have the speed to out run most secondarys.Brandon Hilbrich is perhaps the fastest man on the team at 6'4" and 180 pounds.

At Tight end They have Dakota Williams, Brady Urbanovsky, and Aaron Seans. All can catch and run with the ball.

At running back their is quite a stable of running backs . all of them are quick and fast. They are Zach Gomez 5'8' 160 SR.,Dewone Williams5'7"150 soph.,Latreal Cooper6'180 soph.,Josh Guajardo, 6'215 sr. Fullback, and Larvell Roy5'11" 175 JR.

The Gobblers are a year away from title contention . But who knows it could be a very good year this year and the next four years.

whtfbplaya
09-03-2003, 01:13 PM
rice by 20

Old Green
09-03-2003, 01:39 PM
whtfbplaya. Gobblers are not 2A East Bernard. The Gobblers this year are atheletic, talented, and have the desire to win. They are not use to losing.

A break here our there is going to be the diference Friday night.

But because of experience of the Rice returning starters I am going to give them nod.

Rice by 7

whtfbplaya
09-16-2003, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Old Green:
[QB]whtfbplaya. Gobblers are not 2A East Bernard. The Gobblers this year are atheletic, talented, and have the desire to win. They are not use to losing. [QUOTE]

46-22=24 points

24-20(prediction)=4 points

Sorry, Old Green I usually try not to error by more than 3.

<small>[ September 16, 2003, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: whtfbplaya ]</small>

the tigers are back
09-16-2003, 04:30 PM
Well i don't think Cuero will even come close in this one at all,but i will say that on any given day you can be beat.I will go with Rice 38 to 14. eek!

the tigers are back
09-16-2003, 04:35 PM
Ooooooooops... that we had a rematch, but i was close huh. :) :) :) :) :)

Gobbla2001
09-16-2003, 04:35 PM
I'll let you in on a little secret, the tigers are back...

Rice already beat Cuero 46-22 week 1...

We have you guys this week...

whtfbplaya
09-17-2003, 02:56 PM
the tigers are back:
Ooooooooops... that we had a rematch, but i was close huh. :) :) :) :) :) Sorry guys I did not mean to confuse anyone I was just looking at old post and wanted to show old Green I knew what I was talking about.