PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day

BuffyMars
05-18-2007, 01:48 PM
A look into a normal day with my family:

Terry, my step-daughter and me went to visit my paternal grandmother for Mother's day. We bought her a pretty flower pot with some cool flowers.

We arrived before my dad got there, and we walk in and one of my uncles is sitting in my granddad's old spot (they could pass as twins), and my cousin is sitting on the couch and my aunt is on the chaise.

When we walk into the living room we say our hellos, and my aunt says, "Well, you may as well say goodbye to Chris (my cousin) because he's going to jail tomorrow for 5 years."

Ummmm....:doh: :eek: :doh: :o

Its a long story, but it boils down to a high speed chase, ramming a squad car, jumping out and running and being a fugitive for 2 days.

As it turns out, he got off pretty easy. On mother's day (of all days) he accepted a plea bargain of 5 years with the possibility of parole in 2 1/2 years. I forgot to mention he was facing 99 years.

He did the crime, and I believe he should pay for what he did, but the boy has a history of mental illness, and my wish is that they finally get a good psychiatric evaluation and diagnose him with something other than just ADD.

He is only 25 years old, and has never even been able to live on his own. He is extremely smart, but he was one of those kids that still played with GI Joes well into high school. He hasn't had a ton of friends in his life.

When he was younger, he woke his parents up in the middle of the night with a knife to their throats. And of course doctors diagnosed him as ADD, much as they do everything nowadays.

His mom was a bonafide hippie (lived in a commune and everything) and his dad has shown signs of anti-social personality traits. Which IMO so has my cousin.

Anyhow, I thought I would share with you the uncomfortable Mother's Day moment I got to share with my husband and my step-daugter. :thumbsup: What a great day!!!

mustang59
05-18-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm really sorry your family is going through this and, like you, I hope your cousin gets the help he needs.

Txbroadcaster
05-18-2007, 01:53 PM
as tragic as it is..just kind of surreal seeing this conversation take place and how nonchalant it was

BuffyMars
05-18-2007, 01:54 PM
There was literally moments of silence where even my aunt was saying, "Somebody say something."

Im serious, it was horrendous.

And my poor grandmother. She is honestly the sweetest woman to grace this earth.

mustang59
05-18-2007, 02:01 PM
It's probably hard for anyone to know WHAT to say in a case like this. Your poor grandmother! Actually, my family has been there, done that.

BuffyMars
05-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by mustang59
It's probably hard for anyone to know WHAT to say in a case like this. Your poor grandmother! Actually, my family has been there, done that.

I know, sadly, on my mother's side, its just about an everyday occasion.

I honestly don't have much to do with any of my family except my husbands family and my mom and dad.

My dad's family has never been close, and mother's day was the 1st time i have seen my grandmother in over a year. As sweet as she is we just aren't close.

Oddly enough I was closer to the crazy side until I found out just how neurotic they were. I talk to people outside my immediate family MAYBE once a year if not less.

Txbroadcaster
05-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
I know, sadly, on my mother's side, its just about an everyday occasion.

I honestly don't have much to do with any of my family except my husbands family and my mom and dad.

My dad's family has never been close, and mother's day was the 1st time i have seen my grandmother in over a year. As sweet as she is we just aren't close.

Oddly enough I was closer to the crazy side until I found out just how neurotic they were. I talk to people outside my immediate family MAYBE once a year if not less.

And u dont even like my family

BuffyMars
05-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
And u dont even like my family

LOL! Yes, I like everyone except for your mom.

mustang59
05-18-2007, 02:23 PM
We haven't lived it the same town as our families in 25 years and, believe me, there has certainly been an advantage to that. Sometimes you need to put a little space between you. Literally AND emotionally. You know that "need to know basis" thing?

BuffyMars
05-18-2007, 02:25 PM
We haven't lived it the same town as our families in 25 years and, believe me, there has certainly been an advantage to that. Sometimes you need to put a little space between you. Literally AND emotionally. You know that "need to know basis" thing?

Can you please explain that to his mother? ;)

Buccaneer
05-18-2007, 02:26 PM
You can be sure he is going to get great help in prison!

BuffyMars
05-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
You can be sure he is going to get great help in prison!

Thats what I am afraid of. I think he belongs in an insane asylum, or a halfway house or something where he can get the help he really needs.

I am hoping he stays at county for as long as possible. And we aren't even close, but something about all of this makes me feel a tad bit bad for him. Don't ask me why.

mustang59
05-18-2007, 02:29 PM
LOL!! Are you kidding? I couldn't even get my own mother-in-law to undertand it. Like I said, deal with them on a need to know basis. I figure most of the time they don't need to know.

BuffyMars
05-18-2007, 02:31 PM
LOL!! Are you kidding? I couldn't even get my own mother-in-law to undertand it. Like I said, deal with them on a need to know basis. I figure most of the time they don't need to know.

This lady checks our bank account (or used to) and ask what we went to walmart for! :eek: :confused: :mad:

mustang59
05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Mine came to visit one weekend and my husband mentioned we were looking at new furniture. She looked around the room and then told ME we didn't need to replace the furniture. I told her we weren't asking her to pay for it so she didn't need to worry about it. End of that conversation.

BuffyMars
05-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Mine came to visit one weekend and my husband mentioned we were looking at new furniture. She looked around the room and then told ME we didn't need to replace the furniture. I told her we weren't asking her to pay for it so she didn't need to worry about it. End of that conversation.

Lord knows I would love to tell her off.

But her relationship is already weird enough with my husband that I don't want to add any stress.

And the saddest part of it all is that he is her only child and she treats him like dirt. :foul:

mustang59
05-18-2007, 02:47 PM
I could adopt him if that would help. Of course, I'll except really nice Mother's Day gifts every year and the first granddaughter will have to be named after me. Other than that I'm pretty easy to get along with. LOL

BuffyMars
05-18-2007, 02:52 PM
I could adopt him if that would help. Of course, I'll except really nice Mother's Day gifts every year and the first granddaughter will have to be named after me. Other than that I'm pretty easy to get along with. LOL

Hahaha!!! That is all we want is peace. Which is a word she doesn't understand.

Terry always warned me before we got married, and I thought he was just stretching the truth a bit, but now I realize he wasn't even close to the truth!

Gsquared
05-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Im still lookin for a home, you could adopt me, im quite, I dont eat much and I take up very little space, plus im already potty trained. Please please please :(

mustang59
05-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Send me a resume and you'll be given careful consideration. After all, if Angelina and Mondonna can go to 3rd world countries to adopt I can go to the downlow.