PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Gripe About the Rangers" Thread for 2007

Adidas410s
05-18-2007, 09:31 AM
In the essence of board control and the various threads that pop up throughout the week after our beloved Texas Rangers find new ways to lose baseball games...I think we should just keep 1 massive, season long rant and gripe thread going. That way all Rangers fans can share their frustrations throughout the season as well as reflect on previous praise and/or frustration. I'll start us off with this one...

Wait...I thought that (trading/releasing veterans and drafting/signing young pitching) was the plan a few years ago when we let go of Pudge, Rogers (1st time around), Palmeiro, etc. We then do a nice job drafting Danks, Volquez, and Diamond. Let's see where they are now:

Danks...2-4 4.10 ERA pitching for the WHITE SOX!!! :mad:
Volquez...1-10 9.20 ERA 26K's 27 BB's in 46 Innings over the past two seasons. Currently pitching for AA Frisco.
Diamond...sitting out 2007 after having Tommy John surgery

So...let's start over and try again... :(

eagles_victory
05-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Micheal Young not playing like a star player. Not only are his numbers vastly down as a whole. He is also just not hitting in the clutch. There have been several situations where he was at the plate at the end of the game and just didnt get the job done.

The 1-2 punch of Millwood and Padillia have been about as bad as they can be so far. Im not even sure of their stats but i know the win loss records arent good and the eras are around the 5ish area. Plus Millwood is already serving his second stint on the DL.

Looks like the Rangers are going to be sellers at the trade deadline im wondering who could be on the move. Kenny Lofton is proabably very likely to be traded imo

DU_stud04
05-18-2007, 10:49 AM
gargle gargle gargle......

BTEXDAD
05-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Silver boot series starts tonite against Stros.
Rangers and their fans consider this equivalent to World Series, so expect Rangers to be fired up and ready to play.
I've heard Rangers have a couple guys who can throw in the low nineties. :D

themsu97
05-18-2007, 11:00 AM
complain about Young all you want, but you could have either Everett, Ausmus or Ensberg... talk about pathetic excuses... the only thing that Ensberg leads the league in is called strike 3's with the bases loaded...

the Rangers just need to throw 3 pitchers who have never pitched against the 'Stros and they will sweep

eagles_victory
05-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
complain about Young all you want, but you could have either Everett, Ausmus or Ensberg... talk about pathetic excuses... the only thing that Ensberg leads the league in is called strike 3's with the bases loaded...

the Rangers just need to throw 3 pitchers who have never pitched against the 'Stros and they will sweep but the Astros still have Berkman and Lee as there main offensive weapons to make up for Everett Ausmus and Ensberg... Young is suppose to be the Rangers star and he isnt living up to this

Adidas410s
05-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Tex has had his usual slow start but is starting to turn it around and his average is now up to .301. Young is still batting a pathetic .228 with only 24 RBI's.

You know the Rangers are in poor shape when their MVP so far is arguably Sammy Sosa. He's 3rd in avg (.268), 2nd in HR's (9), and 1st in RBI's (30) and 4th in doubles (7). He's tied with Tex for K's (35). Sad indeed....

burnet44
05-18-2007, 11:43 AM
you guys care too much
look
its baseball
they are terrible
have been
and will not get better

again its baseball

who cares?

if you are gonna care about baseball
at least care about somebody decent

the only reason some of you care is that they happen to be in Texas

look its baseball
like soccer
like watching paint dry

Im done fire away

at least if you hollar at me
it will take your mind off the Strangers to the playoffs

Adidas410s
05-18-2007, 05:03 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65172

ttt for crzyjrn03

eagles_victory
05-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65172

ttt for crzyjrn03 tonight is the rangers fan world series bc lord knows we wont be seeing the postseason anytime soon.

Adidas410s
05-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Well...the Rangers have resorted to their old ways. If you can't beat 'em...hit more home runs than the other team! :P At least we have the early in-state bragging rights in the race for the Silver Boot

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c1/Silver_Boot.JPG/400px-Silver_Boot.JPG

On an even better note...Brandon McCarthy has had a pretty good May after a horrid April.

He is 3-0 with a 2.31 ERA, 13 Ks, 11 BBs, and 2 HR's over his last 23.1 innings. Not amazing...but not too shabby...:clap: :clap: :clap:

mchavez
05-21-2007, 01:37 PM
The Rangers will get better when they get a new owner!!

crzyjournalist03
05-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
The Rangers will get better when they get a new owner!!

that's the same thing people say about the Cowboys, the Texans, the Raiders....sure owners can make some bad decisions, but players are in the majors for a reason. If players play, nobody talks about the owner.

crzyjournalist03
05-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Ramon Vazquez for AL MVP!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
05-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Ramon Vazquez for AL MVP!!!! hadnt watch a game in about a week and i was llike this is not the Rangers i saw last sunday. who are some of these guys, they look to bring some fire back into some of the old rangers.

crzyjournalist03
05-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
hadnt watch a game in about a week and i was llike this is not the Rangers i saw last sunday. who are some of these guys, they look to bring some fire back into some of the old rangers.

Vazquez is a 30 year old journeyman who was at Triple A...he got called up when Hairston went down. Travis Metcalf was called up to replace Blalock at third, but with Vazquez's success, it looks like he'll be starting for now, and Metcalf may be headed back down. Kevin Mahar was called up when Wilkerson went down. He's probably heading back down to Triple A today since Frank Catalanotto is being activated. Mahar started the year at AA Frisco, so he probably needs more seasoning. Victor Diaz was the best power hitting prospect in the minors, despite the fact that he's older than many prospects. He was called up when Cat got hurt, but he's earning his keep and may force the Rangers to consider sending Nelson Cruz down if Diaz continues to hit that way.

Hope that gives you all the info you wanted...if you want to know about pitchers, I can explain that situation too, but for now I'll spare you!

SintonFan_inAustin
05-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Vazquez is a 30 year old journeyman who was at Triple A...he got called up when Hairston went down. Travis Metcalf was called up to replace Blalock at third, but with Vazquez's success, it looks like he'll be starting for now, and Metcalf may be headed back down. Kevin Mahar was called up when Wilkerson went down. He's probably heading back down to Triple A today since Frank Catalanotto is being activated. Mahar started the year at AA Frisco, so he probably needs more seasoning. Victor Diaz was the best power hitting prospect in the minors, despite the fact that he's older than many prospects. He was called up when Cat got hurt, but he's earning his keep and may force the Rangers to consider sending Nelson Cruz down if Diaz continues to hit that way.

Hope that gives you all the info you wanted...if you want to know about pitchers, I can explain that situation too, but for now I'll spare you! tks Cat, Wilkerson and Cruz are hurting the offense, yes whats the update on pitching? Millwood and Padilla still in rotation?

crzyjournalist03
05-21-2007, 05:05 PM
tks Cat, Wilkerson and Cruz are hurting the offense, yes whats the update on pitching? Millwood and Padilla still in rotation?

Millwood is on the DL for the second time this year with a hammy injury. Mike Wood started a couple of games in his place, now John Koronka took a shot on Saturday, but he's already been sent down again. Right now, McCarthy has been the best pitcher on the team in May, having a 2.31 ERA in four starts. He's looked good after a rough opening month. Robinson Tejeda has been better than expected. Padilla pitches tonight, but he's 1-6 on the year. He's had some tough luck, but he's also had other starts where he simply implodes in one inning. The other man currently in the rotation is Kam Loe, but I'm beginning to think he's better suited for the bullpen. Speaking of the pen, Wes Littleton was recently called up from Oklahoma--I believe he is in Ron Mahay's spot right now as Mahay is on the DL. The back end of the bullpen has been lights out with Gagne, Otsuka, Benoit, and C.J. Wilson, but they haven't had enough leads to protect.

Adidas410s
05-22-2007, 08:30 AM
28 runs in 2 games??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Why are we wasting our run supply for June so fast??? :mad: :(

crzyjournalist03
05-22-2007, 12:12 PM
28 runs in 2 games??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Why are we wasting our run supply for June so fast??? :mad: :(

Because Johan Santana pitches tonight, so it probably all balances out.

Adidas410s
05-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Because Johan Santana pitches tonight, so it probably all balances out.

ehh...I'll take the Rangers for 3 or 4 runs on 7 hits tonight. Mike Young will go 1 for 4 with a double, RBI, and a walk.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-22-2007, 01:49 PM
14 Runs 16 Hits 5 HRS :) tonight for the Rangers against the Twins. Thanks to Astros for waking up the Rangers:D

Old Tiger
05-22-2007, 01:58 PM
What can be said that hasn't already been said about the stRangers

SintonFan_inAustin
05-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
What can be said that hasn't already been said about the stRangers They better than the LAstros :)

Old Tiger
05-22-2007, 02:08 PM
They better than the LAstros :) lol...I don't watch baseball anyway. Basketball, football, curling, and softball. :D

D_bird
05-22-2007, 04:12 PM
14 Runs 16 Hits 5 HRS :) tonight for the Rangers against the Twins. Thanks to Astros for waking up the Rangers:D

I was there, the Rangers only hit 3 HRS. It was still a pretty awesome game to go to though. Laird hit a grand slam, Catalanotto and Cruz also hit solo home runs.

crzyjournalist03
05-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by D_bird
I was there, the Rangers only hit 3 HRS. It was still a pretty awesome game to go to though. Laird hit a grand slam, Catalanotto and Cruz also hit solo home runs.

I think he was predicting tonight's outcome.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-22-2007, 05:03 PM
I think he was predicting tonight's outcome. yes a bold prediction but 14 runs seems like a magic number for them the past two days.

D_bird
05-23-2007, 02:07 AM
yes a bold prediction but 14 runs seems like a magic number for them the past two days.

oh thats cool, i didnt read everything like i normally do...

it wouldve been awesome if your prediction wouldve came true.

but back to mondays game, we had fun sat thru a 30 minute rain delay, but we had fun with it. goin to hooters after the game helped also...

Adidas410s
05-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Looks like they turned back to their normal team last night. :(

I wonder if Mike Young will be above .260 by the All-Star break? I wonder if he'll be able to have his 5th straight season batting above .300?

Adidas410s
05-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Who could the Rangers trade Teixeria for??? They need to move him this year while they can. If they let him become a FA...Scott Boras will have him in NY or Boston (Yankees and Sox could both use him at 1B) singing a $25+ million/yr deal and the Rangers will get nothing.

I say we trade him to the Padres for Adrian Gonzales and Chris Young :D:D:D

SintonFan_inAustin
05-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Rumors are the Yankees are the favorites to get him next year but i think trade him now and let that team worry how they keep him from going to the yankees

Adidas410s
05-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Rumors are the Yankees are the favorites to get him next year but i think trade him now and let that team worry how they keep him from going to the yankees

I think our only chance to keep him would've been to give him a minimum 5 years, 100 million contract...but more like 6 years, 125-140 million.

burnet44
05-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Texas 18-29-.383 %

on pace for

62-100

38%

last 10

3-7

on pace to be eliminated
game 106
and dropping fast

59 more games to go

SintonFan_inAustin
05-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
Texas 18-29-.383 %

on pace for

62-100

38%

last 10

3-7

on pace to be eliminated
game 106
and dropping fast

59 more games to go ouch!!!! didnt want to see this after two months of baseball. But 2 games to 1 over the astros where one win could bring the BOOT back to Arlington. Something to look forward to in June.:)

Adidas410s
05-25-2007, 01:34 PM
With no direction, Rangers hit new low
By RANDY GALLOWAY
Star-Telegram Staff Writer
Apologies to the Boston Red Sox, coming into Arlington for a weekend series with the best record in baseball. Excuse our mess of a team, but also let it serve as a warning.

When incompetence collides with stupidity, this could happen to any club, including you.

As Thursday dawned, the Rangers had finally reached their deserved place in the major league pecking order. The worst record in baseball was ours. (OK, technically tied with two National League teams for that dishonor, but the truth shall not be ignored. We are the real No. 30. We earned it. It's ours. Thir-tee, Thir-tee, Thir-tee.)

In the local blame game, you can pick a name, any name, on who should be fired immediately, or traded immediately. Owner Tom Hicks tops the he's-gotta-go list, a nose ahead of general manager Jon Daniels, with new manager Ron Washington getting the free ride until October.

Meanwhile, the last guy fired around here, meaning Buck Showalter, must be laughing his butt off, or so I figured. Speaking of butts, Buck's has definitely been removed from the hook, and also gone is that popular theory of fire Buck and immediately win a World Series.

What happened in New York and Arizona, it ended here in Loserville.

Since Showalter was not exactly in agreement with his dismissal last October, I figured he would have a choice word or two about the current disaster.

But given the opportunity this week, his immediate answer was: "I'm not watching the Rangers. I'm locked into doing what I'm doing."

Buck, Buck. C'mon, man. It's me. Don't try to BS a Hall of Fame BSer.

Showalter's next answer was this:

"I took the high road when I was fired and kept my mouth shut. That was the best way to handle it then, and that's the way I'm going to handle it now.

"There are people there that I like, personally. When bad things are happening to friends, you don't take any joy in that. I hope things can turn around and work out well for them."

Don't bet on it, Buck, but meanwhile...

The gleeful Buck Backlash after his firing spread throughout the clubhouse, through many segments of the media, and seemingly involved most of the diminishing Rangers fan base. It lasted over the winter and was certainly prevalent in spring training.

But now they all know: Be careful what you wish for.

Personally, I never thought I could forgive Showalter for that back-stabbing power play on Grady Fuson when Buck teamed with then pitching coach Orel Hershiser to save the GM job of the Empty Golf Shirt (aka John Hart).

But as a wise old baseball guy advised me, my targets shouldn't be Showalter and Orel for having a little power at the time, and using it. Instead, blame Hicks for caving in to their threats of quitting if Fuson was promoted to GM.

A valid point was not ignored.

And the one redeeming quality for Showalter, who now has the title of senior adviser to the general manager in Cleveland, is he's a good baseball man.

Not many, if any, in the game will dispute that. Other warts are often mentioned, some of them valid, but the man knows the baseball business, particularly if you use a filter. And a filter is needed for all of us.

Showalter spent four seasons here as manager. He had one winning season, and although it was an 89-win good one, that's not enough. Buck also caused unrest in the clubhouse, and while listening to player gripes is normally a mistake, there was enough overall negative evidence to fire him.

Daniels did, but I didn't think there was any reason for celebration, and those who disagreed with me are now strangely quiet.

Buck, however, left one positive legacy here, one we should all remember, even if it's not original.

Doug Melvin, in his local GM days, also preached it repeatedly (don't get me started again on the Hicks stupidity of firing Melvin), but he could make no impact on the owner.

At least 100 times, I heard Buck say, "Who are we?"

In other words, the Rangers, as an organization, needed to get a plan and stick with the plan.

After winning three division titles in four years, the team bottomed out in 2000. Melvin advised Hicks to blow it up, unload high-salaried veterans and begin the rebuilding process.

Tom's answer was to sign A-Rod to still the largest contract in history.

Fast-forward to Buck, and what he was saying, via "who are we?" Showalter wanted the Rangers to either get in or get out. Jack the payroll to the 100 mil mark again, or take it to the bottom in rebuilding.

Instead, it's a team always caught in the middle, plugging here and there with a high-dollar free agent signee. Being in the middle is the Minnesota, Oakland, now Cleveland, plan. It's a good one, but only if the farm system is strong, constantly bringing in young talent, while the GM also makes savvy trades.

The Rangers have not only flunked both farm system and free agency, Daniels has been fleeced on almost every deal.

Which brings us to the current answer to Buck's "who are we?" question.

Number Thir-tee, bay-bee. The worst in all of ball.

Be proud.

Randy Galloway's Galloway & Co. can be heard weekdays 3-6 p.m. on ESPN/103.3 FM.

Randy Galloway, 817-390-7760
rgalloway@star-telegram.com

JR2004
05-25-2007, 01:42 PM
The curse of Grady Fuson continues!

Adidas410s
05-29-2007, 09:27 AM
IT'S OFFICIAL...THE RANGERS NOW OWN THE WORST RECORD IN BASEBALL ALL TO THEMSELVES!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:(

crzyjournalist03
05-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Any big names available for the 2008 draft???? Texas might hold the number one pick!

Adidas410s
05-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Any big names available for the 2008 draft???? Texas might hold the number one pick!

I'm sure we'll find somebody to trade it to...for great value of course! :(

crzyjournalist03
05-29-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm sure we'll find somebody to trade it to...for great value of course! :(

Fear not! MLB does not allow for the trading of draft picks. So we're going to draft whatever pick we earn!

Adidas410s
05-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Fear not! MLB does not allow for the trading of draft picks. So we're going to draft whatever pick we earn!
haha...whatever pick we earn.

I was actually trying to say that the Rangers would draft the next "sure thing pitcher" only to trade him away after he spends 3 or 4 years in our farm system.

crzyjournalist03
05-29-2007, 02:41 PM
haha...whatever pick we earn.

I was actually trying to say that the Rangers would draft the next "sure thing pitcher" only to trade him away after he spends 3 or 4 years in our farm system.

:doh: Nooooo!!!! I want John Danks back NOW!!!!

kepdawg
05-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Don't worry Rangers fans! Eric Hurley is doing great in Frisco! I'm sure he'll look great in pinstripes in a few years! :(

crzyjournalist03
05-29-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Don't worry Rangers fans! Eric Hurley is doing great in Frisco! I'm sure he'll look great in pinstripes in a few years! :(

This kid is actually one of the few reasons I have hope right now about the farm system. They haven't promoted him yet despite his outrageous numbers. Let him pitch there all year, gain more and more confidence, then move him up for the end of the Triple A year, and possibly call him up when rosters are expanded but do NOT let him pitch...just let him get a feel of what the bigs are like, then he comes back next year hungry and with an outside shot at the rotation.

Adidas410s
05-29-2007, 03:52 PM
This kid is actually one of the few reasons I have hope right now about the farm system. They haven't promoted him yet despite his outrageous numbers. Let him pitch there all year, gain more and more confidence, then move him up for the end of the Triple A year, and possibly call him up when rosters are expanded but do NOT let him pitch...just let him get a feel of what the bigs are like, then he comes back next year hungry and with an outside shot at the rotation.

I bet we package him in a trade with Tex for some quality 28-31 yr old pitchers... :(

Adidas410s
06-07-2007, 09:43 AM
after attending last night's game...I'm left with one thought:

The Rangers suck so bad that the fans that show up don't even care to boo anymore. There were 3 times where everybody in the stadium stood...when the dots came running down the left field line to finish the dot race, the 7th inning stretch, and when Pudge hit a homerun (he got a round of applause...I expected a curtain call).

SintonFan_inAustin
06-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Any chance they can turn it around, otherwise it be a long summer til Football starts:(

Adidas410s
07-02-2007, 01:31 PM
It looks like the Rangers are trying hard to not have the #1 overall pick next summer. In their last 15 games...they are 10-5!!!

It's gone like this:

2-1 @ Cincy
2-1 vs Cubs
2-1 vs Astros
2-1 @ Tigers (1 game rained out)
2-1 @ Red Sox (1 game remaining today)

SintonFan_inAustin
07-02-2007, 02:32 PM
It looks like the Rangers are trying hard to not have the #1 overall pick next summer. In their last 15 games...they are 10-5!!!

It's gone like this:

2-1 @ Cincy
2-1 vs Cubs
2-1 vs Astros
2-1 @ Tigers (1 game rained out)
2-1 @ Red Sox (1 game remaining today) yea i was aware they have won their last 4 series and chance to win another against the Red Soxs. It will take a big win streak into the all star break and after the all star break to maybe get back into the Wild Card race. 3 weeks from now we could be talking about the Rangers playoff chances being good or no chance.;)

D_bird
07-02-2007, 02:35 PM
yea i was aware they have won their last 4 series and chance to win another against the Red Soxs. It will take a big win streak into the all star break and after the all star break to maybe get back into the Wild Card race. 3 weeks from now we could be talking about the Rangers playoff chances being good or no chance.;)

They will win the West!!! lol

SintonFan_inAustin
07-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by D_bird
They will win the West!!! lol i prefer they go in as the Wildcard :D

D_bird
07-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Either way would be fine with me. But I am not going to give up on the Rangers, ever.

crzyjournalist03
07-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Bad news for the Rangers! Ian Kinsler is on the DL with a stress fracture.

Your starting infield is now Brad Wilkerson, Ramon Vazquez, Michael Young, and Travis Metcalf. :(

For those of you still holding out hope for the Rangers, here's a great site:

rangers chances of making playoffs (http://www.sportsclubstats.com/MLB/American/West/Rangers.html)

as of today, the team has a 0.5% chance of making the playoffs, but if they go 53-28 the rest of the way (which is just below what they've done recently winning two out of every three), they would have about a 50% chance of making it!

SintonFan_inAustin
07-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Suprising stat for the Rangers : when they have the lead going to the 8th inning they are 29-0 :eek:

charlesrixey
07-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Suprising stat for the Rangers : when they have the lead going to the 8th inning they are 29-0 :eek:

of course, when they only have 35 wins, it doesn't really make a difference how good their bullpen is

it's kind of like steve carlton when he won 27 games and his phillies won 68

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Bringing this thread to the top just for discussion's sake now that Tex is heading out.

Adidas410s
07-30-2007, 12:39 PM
This trade appears to be a good one for the Rangers and the best one in the JD era. Sure wish he could've gotten Jo Jo Reyes but the Braves offer was far above the Angels considering that the Rangers will need a few years to be contending. Also, moving Tex to the NL is a bonus as opposed to a division rival.

Adidas410s
07-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Red Sox, Brewers, Mets are the favorites
Jul 31 - With just a few hours left before the trade deadline, it appears the Texas Rangers will trade closer Eric Gagne to either the Red Sox, Brewers or the Mets, baseball sources told ESPN's Buster Olney.
But the Brewers and Mets are skeptical that they're the front-runners, which means the Red Sox might end up landing the former Cy Young winner.

The Rangers are looking at prospects who can play center field, and Olney reports the Brewers are dangling Tony Gwynn Jr.

The Yankees are also having conversations with the Rangers about Gagne, but the Rangers may make a deal with either their division rival in Boston, or with their cross-town rival in Queens.

The Red Sox need Gagne, at a time when set-up man Mike Timlin is hurt. Milwaukee's bullpen has been struggling of late -- closer Francisco Cordero and set-up men Derrick Turnbow and Scott Linebrink combined for a 15.00 ERA last week, with an 0-4 record.

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 01:25 PM
I like the idea of Gwynn if only for the fact that his dad had a wonderful work ethic, and as we've seen many times, great stars can breed great kids if they teach them the same ethic. Heard that the Rangers would only deal Gagne to the Yankees for Chamberlin or Hughes, and they would want Ellsbury from the Red Sox...I still think we'll keep Gagne when it's all said and done, but I'm not opposed to any of the moves I've read!

Adidas410s
07-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Reading in the ESPN Trade Deadline chat that Gagne will go to Boston for Kason Gabbard and David Murphy...still waiting on confirmation.

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 01:27 PM
Reading in the ESPN Trade Deadline chat that Gagne will go to Boston for Kason Gabbard and David Murphy...still waiting on confirmation.

wow!!!! Gabbard has pitched very well for Boston...I'll take that in a heartbeat!!!

Adidas410s
07-31-2007, 01:27 PM
Gagne still has to waive his no-trade clause though...Gabbard is huge for us!

Adidas410s
07-31-2007, 01:28 PM
2 Eric Gagne, Rangers RHP 2
MARKET REPORT
The Gagne sweepstakes was down to the Red Sox and Brewers by Tuesday afternoon. The Yankees and Mets signaled that by turning their attention to other deals, according to executives from multiple teams. So that left one team (Boston) that wasn't on Gagne's list of approved teams he could be traded to and a second team (Milwaukee) that could. So the Red Sox were working not just to find a player package Texas would accept, but also for ways to rework Gagne's contract so that he would approve the deal. Satisfying Texas was no small challenge, though. They continue to ask for every team's best prospects. So the Red Sox's willingness to include center fielder David Murphy and the Brewers' willingness to deal outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr. wouldn't be enough. Texas asked the Yankees for primo pitching prospects Phil Hughes and Joba Chamberlain. The Mets said no on any of their young outfieldes -- Carlos Gomez, Fernando Martinez and Lastings Milledge. And the same hang-up exists with the Red Sox, who have no interest in even carrying on a conversation that involves Clay Buchholz or Jacoby Ellsbury. The Rangers were trying to convince those clubs they were willing to hang onto Gagne and either sign him to an extension (doubtful) or take two draft picks as compensation. But it's far from a sure thing Gagne would be a Type A free agent that would result in two high picks. So this looks like a furious negotiation to the finish -- with three teams and Gagne's omnipresent agent, Scott Boras.

crzyjournalist03
07-31-2007, 01:35 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=MLB&id=2908&line=218674&spln=1

The Red Sox and Rangers have agreed to an Eric Gagne deal, pending Gagne waiving his no-trade clause, sources told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal.
It's very possible that Gagne will block the deal, though the Red Sox could try to sway him by guaranteeing the remainder of his $3.625 million bonuses for games finished. Rosenthal doesn't say who will go the other way, though David Murphy and Kason Gabbard keep getting mentioned. Joaquin Benoit could close for Texas until Akinori Otsuka returns.