PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the NBA and All Sports Whether Pro, College, High School etc.

Phil C
05-17-2007, 02:52 PM
I know there has been some bad publicity about the NBA lately but we have to remember one thing about all sports regardless of the level whether it be pro, college, high school, or whatever is that even though there is competition and everyone is trying their best to win is that they are not enemies but friendly rivals.

It is sort of like your good life long friend that you play checkers or chess with. You try to win but you are not enemies but friendly rivals and when the game is over you shake hands and wait for the next game. Remember Friendly Competiton between friendly rivals is the thing. You are not competing with enemies.

We must remember that.

maestro
05-17-2007, 10:07 PM
a great phrase that i beleive should be read before ALL competitions....not just football games....

also..

UIL handbook adds this one that i like..

NEVER thru your actions or words ever give a kid a DOUBT about the value of UIL competition......

i paraphrased it a little.....but this statement has always made me think about my conduct at athletic functions.